Sponsored

Aftermarket seats with heating and cooling?

jhubbardsf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm looking for aftermarket (preferably racing style) seats for my 2019 Mustang GT Premium but can't find any that will also work with my seat cooling/heating. Does anyone know of any seat upgrades that keep those features? Or even any covers that would fit it well and work with those features?
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I think I also would be interested in buying some if some manufacture offered recaro style seats that kept the heating and cooling feature

OverC1ockeD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Most that I’m aware of are universal fit, so they won’t tie directly into the factory heating and cooling but some do some with their own independent heating and cooling. As I recall even the Ford factory ones do not integrate with heating and cooling (like special from the factory with the car seats). However, I think the heating sucks and the cooling is even worse. Maybe it’s just me but I can’t feel anything compared to my old Jetta which lit my arse on fire. Is it just me? Even with all three lights lit I feel nothing. I would love to figure out how to improve what I’ve already got, then add some katzskins or something.

OP
OP
jhubbardsf

jhubbardsf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Most that I’m aware of are universal fit, so they won’t tie directly into the factory heating and cooling but some do some with their own independent heating and cooling. As I recall even the Ford factory ones do not integrate with heating and cooling (like special from the factory with the car seats). However, I think the heating sucks and the cooling is even worse. Maybe it’s just me but I can’t feel anything compared to my old Jetta which lit my arse on fire. Is it just me? Even with all three lights lit I feel nothing. I would love to figure out how to improve what I’ve already got, then add some katzskins or something.
I love both the heating and cooling. I can feel both.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You aren't going to find much heated/cooled seats in a racing seat simply because weight reduction is the primary focus of those seats.

Another thing to consider. Once you remove that factory seat, your airbag light will most likely be on because of the seat airbags.

I 2nd Biggsy, take your seats to an upholstery shop and have them install aftermarket heating elements. They likely won't tie into the factory switches, but at least you will have heated seats, and your airbag light won't be on. That is what I did on my truck 10 years ago now, they still work, and I don't regret having the aftermarket switches.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Someone added a heating element, to the optional Recaro seats. And then wired in toggle switches below the radio and used forscan to turn the heated seats on. Now they have heated Recaro seats.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Retrofit the ZL1 camaro seats

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I'm looking for aftermarket (preferably racing style) seats for my 2019 Mustang GT Premium but can't find any that will also work with my seat cooling/heating. Does anyone know of any seat upgrades that keep those features? Or even any covers that would fit it well and work with those features?
That would be nice to say the least.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Well, who makes a Great set of sport seats which will bolt into a 2019 GT premium without issue. I can live without the my cooled or heated seats since (but would keep my stock seats)

Sponsored

OverC1ockeD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Well, who makes a Great set of sport seats which will bolt into a 2019 GT premium without issue. I can live without the my cooled or heated seats since (but would keep my stock seats)
here are some options that may interest you…

https://katzkin.com/degreez/

https://corbeau.com/seat-heater/

These are the two that I’m aware of. You could also look into adding a custom dash that may make either look a bit more factory as well.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

OverC1ockeD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Thank you I will look at these. I love my Red Premium seats but under quick maneuvering I slide around like hell which is not good. Thank You
I’d definitely look into the Katzkins as you could probably choose your seat first, for whatever you want, then redo the whole look of it. If you contact a racing seat company directly then ya never know maybe they’ll put together a deal for cheap since it’ll be reskinned later anyway. Good luck would love to see pics of the aftermath!

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
Guys in the UK have been removing the entire innards of heated and cooled seats and transplanting them (wiring and all) into other seats, and it's been working. It means you'd need to sacrifice your seats. but it is doable. I'm hoping that a good re-trimming shop would be able to do it for me.

OP
OP
jhubbardsf

jhubbardsf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Someone added a heating element, to the optional Recaro seats. And then wired in toggle switches below the radio and used forscan to turn the heated seats on. Now they have heated Recaro seats.
Yeah, I've seen more with heating. Since I live in a really warm climate and have a convertible the cooling feature was really what I was after as well. But after doing more research it seems I might be stuck with my current seats. Not the end of the world at all, they're very comfy and nice. I was really just looking for a sportier look. Not too concerned with the weight since my GT already goes vroom vroom pretty fast.
Sponsored