AC issues, anybody got a guess?

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Before the car goes to the dealer and I have to rip out all the flex fuel sensor plumbing I just put in, anybody have a guess what might be causing this:

AC blows hot. Forscan shows good pressurization so not an EVAP leak. No faults detected and ran PCM self test with no issue. Blows hotter on Auto mode than if you manually switch on AC.

If not then I’ll be returning the car back to stock tonight for its trip to the dealer tomorrow morning. Bummer. Supposed to be nice this week too.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Can you verify the compressor clutch is kicking on?
I'd personally want to see manifold guages hooked up to get an accurate reading.
But if you just want a top-of-the-head WAG I'd say blend doors.
Not sure why you think you need to go back to stock for an AC issue though...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Could be bad A/C pressure switch, if the switch is bad the compressor won’t kick on. Are you able to tell if the compressor is kicking on or not? You should be able to remove the connector plug from the switch, jumper it and the compressor should kick on.

Can you hear the blend doors opening/closing?

Another common S550 A/C issue is the compressor coil failing too. I do not know if this thread will help, but here’s some info on that:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tch-and-coil-replacement.141934/#post-2908198

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Can you verify the compressor clutch is kicking on?
I'd personally want to see manifold guages hooked up to get an accurate reading.
But if you just want a top-of-the-head WAG I'd say blend doors.
Not sure why you think you need to go back to stock for an AC issue though...
Dealer is obnoxious about mods. Just don’t want to chance it. They were quizzing me down about my steeda shifter bracket and what other mods I had the last time I was there for an oil change.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
I’ll test the switch tonight. Anything more involved it’s just gonna have to go in

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Before the car goes to the dealer and I have to rip out all the flex fuel sensor plumbing I just put in, anybody have a guess what might be causing this:

AC blows hot. Forscan shows good pressurization so not an EVAP leak. No faults detected and ran PCM self test with no issue. Blows hotter on Auto mode than if you manually switch on AC.

If not then I’ll be returning the car back to stock tonight for its trip to the dealer tomorrow morning. Bummer. Supposed to be nice this week too.
OP - Per Dave, can you hear the compressor cycling on and off?
If not, and if you've verified no leaks and good pressure, it could be ambient temps. What was the temp in Detroit (I see that's where you are)?

If it's too cold outside, compressor will not kick on. What have the temps been lately and on the days you tried turning it on? Anything right around freezing and slightly above, it won't come on due to the pressure differential.

If you can somehow try turning on A/C in a heated or warmer garage/underground parking, etc.?

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
OP - Per Dave, can you hear the compressor cycling on and off?
If not, and if you've verified no leaks and good pressure, it could be ambient temps. What was the temp in Detroit (I see that's where you are)?

If it's too cold outside, compressor will not kick on. What have the temps been lately and on the days you tried turning it on? Anything right around freezing and slightly above, it won't come on due to the pressure differential.

If you can somehow try turning on A/C in a heated or warmer garage/underground parking, etc.?
Hmm that’s a good thought. However, it was about 65 degrees yesterday when it wouldn’t kick on. Ill have to listen closer, the rpm’s go up like the compressor kicks on but I don’t hear it actually cycling.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Hmm that’s a good thought. However, it was about 65 degrees yesterday when it wouldn’t kick on. Ill have to listen closer, the rpm’s go up like the compressor kicks on but I don’t hear it actually cycling.
If you turm on window defroster it turns on ac regardless of ambient

Scuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
When I got cams installed on my S197, the AC didn't work when I picked it up. The shop swore they didn't do anything to the AC system. Wasn't a big deal, I hardly ever turned it on anyway.

After a month or so, I was digging around under the hood and found a connector wasn't plugged in. Didn't even know what it was at the time, but when I plugged it in, the AC worked :)

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Instead of "listening" or watching the tach, why not open your hood and visually look at the compressor to see if the clutch is engaged and turning the compressor? That's the best way to see if it's actually turning.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Last year on my 16 GTPP, the car suddenly started to blow hot air. I took it to my wife's dealership, and my friend found that one of the schrader valves was loose. Tightened it up, recharged and she was good to go.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Just heard back from the dealer, it was a chafed wire on the harness going to the compressor. Like I posted about in my active exhaust thread that’s what happens when you don’t wrap the last 6 inches of wire near each connector. Built ford tough lol
Sponsored