Sponsored

About to purchase Cobb AP

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey all, I'm about to purchase Cobb's access AP from their main website and wondered if they had any forum discounts or anything. I tried going back a few pages to find their main thread but couldn't. Also, if I buy the tuner from MAP, I'm assuming it doesn't come with a free custom tune file because Adam doesn't work there anymore right? They still have it on their page. I mean I only have an mmr intake so it probably wouldn't make much difference. Thanks!
Sponsored

Chipster67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EB Magnetic PP
From what I understand the MAP AP still is being tuned by Adam. He is now sub contracted. So buy from MAP get stock, plus 1 custom tune. Then if you decide you want more tuning you can go to Adam direct for eTune or a single exclusive tune.

OP
OP
Kuronos

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ah thanks! I'm going to definitely order from them then... Now to find any kind of discount codes. (college kid)

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
Only discount you will ever see is free shipping. They are pretty much price locked through all vendors.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Only discount you will ever see is free shipping. They are pretty much price locked through all vendors.
You switching over to Adam tune as well? See it in your signature lol

Sponsored

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
You switching over to Adam tune as well? See it in your signature lol
I got a great deal on the AP. I'm getting the rest of my mods installed this weekend and get my Unleashed tune revised and then get Adams tune installed on the AP, then dyno with the Unleashed tune, then Adam tuned to see which makes more power. Then the same when I get to the drag strip. :thumbsup:

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Oh okay cool it will be interesting to see which makes more power lol although I can say I have had both tune providers and I know who makes more power, at least for my car.

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I bought from MAP last week and Adam still hooked it up with the tune so I would assume he's still doing it. I was thrilled with the "OTS" Cobb tune, and then I loaded Adams tune and it's just amazing. As far as discounts both Cobb and MAP will do military/veteran discount and put you at $450, so heads up to my brothers.

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I got a great deal on the AP. I'm getting the rest of my mods installed this weekend and get my Unleashed tune revised and then get Adams tune installed on the AP, then dyno with the Unleashed tune, then Adam tuned to see which makes more power. Then the same when I get to the drag strip. :thumbsup:
To do a fair comparison, it sounds counter intuitive, but you cannot do back to back dynos. After you uninstall the unleashed and reflash with the cobb its gonna reset the OAR to 0 and leave alot of power on the table. You're gonna have to do a dyno with unleashed then load the cobb and drive around to get the OAR to -1 before doing another dyno to get a fair comparison. Stage 3 motors made this mistake. Same goes with when you're at the track.

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
To do a fair comparison, it sounds counter intuitive, but you cannot do back to back dynos. After you uninstall the unleashed and reflash with the cobb its gonna reset the OAR to 0 and leave alot of power on the table. You're gonna have to do a dyno with unleashed then load the cobb and drive around to get the OAR to -1 before doing another dyno to get a fair comparison. Stage 3 motors made this mistake. Same goes with when you're at the track.
Also if you're on stock IC you're gonna see heat soak. Bad news for whoever's tune gets on the dyno second.

Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Both points above are 100% correct.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS

damn! i love this! dont have money to be doing that but ill be doing this with a JLT intake vs stock. Switch out the intake after the first two runs and run two more with the intake.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
There are JLT results all over the place already, if you have the time to do something like that do it. However if it cost you money, I would just use the results already posted!

Mbsk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
From what I understand the MAP AP still is being tuned by Adam. He is now sub contracted. So buy from MAP get stock, plus 1 custom tune. Then if you decide you want more tuning you can go to Adam direct for eTune or a single exclusive tune.
Dammit, I figured that wasn't the case once they parted. At least I got a bit of a discount off MSRP on my incoming accessport. Adam will likely see some $$ from me at some point in the future.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Yea, plenty of JLT vs stock dyno runs around here. Mine, personally installed by JLT and dyno'd at their local dyno (DTP) gained 10whp, no other mods. Runs were comparable, even after heat soaked.

Next up is an AP from MAP with a Tune+ tune
Sponsored