OP
OP
Kuronos

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
how much boost psi are you guys getting with tune? Mines like 21 max so far ive seen
Sponsored

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
With the off the shelf map from Cobb I was hitting over 23 psi. With Adams tune I'm hitting 20 psi. With that said, Adams tune definitely feels stronger/faster than Cobbs even though it has less boost. He's makes power with his timing, delivery, and fueling strategy while keeping boost as safe as what it is stock. Apparently boost isn't everything, if that was the case we could all be professional tuners and just turn up the boost.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
With the off the shelf map from Cobb I was hitting over 23 psi. With Adams tune I'm hitting 20 psi. With that said, Adams tune definitely feels stronger/faster than Cobbs even though it has less boost. He's makes power with his timing, delivery, and fueling strategy while keeping boost as safe as what it is stock. Apparently boost isn't everything, if that was the case we could all be professional tuners and just turn up the boost.
Adam's e-tune increases the boost a little more but his free tune that comes with the Cobb is around 20 psi

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I got a great deal on the AP. I'm getting the rest of my mods installed this weekend and get my Unleashed tune revised and then get Adams tune installed on the AP, then dyno with the Unleashed tune, then Adam tuned to see which makes more power. Then the same when I get to the drag strip. :thumbsup:
OH... can't wait to see your results... hopefully you will start a new thread.

That would be nice to read...

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Adam's e-tune increases the boost a little more but his free tune that comes with the Cobb is around 20 psi

Ya once I get a few more mods I'm gonna be buying his e tune after seeing his magic he can do with his free tune.

Sponsored

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
To do a fair comparison, it sounds counter intuitive, but you cannot do back to back dynos. After you uninstall the unleashed and reflash with the cobb its gonna reset the OAR to 0 and leave alot of power on the table. You're gonna have to do a dyno with unleashed then load the cobb and drive around to get the OAR to -1 before doing another dyno to get a fair comparison. Stage 3 motors made this mistake. Same goes with when you're at the track.
How long does it take to get the OAR to -1?

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I think Adam was close to finding a way to set the OAR to -1 with the flash.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
I will be able to force OAR after a reflash in about a week. Waiting on a Cobb update.

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I will be able to force OAR after a reflash in about a week. Waiting on a Cobb update.

This will be good. As long as no idiots put in 87 octane and load the 93 tune. I think Cobb did this as a safety protocol. In theory, the way they have it set up is good incase that happens. Running aggressive timing on 87 octane if the OAR is tricked into thinking its 93 is gonna equal a lot of knock. Might wanna put a big caution on enabling that feature. It's gonna be real good for dyno comparison.

Sponsored

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
Yea, Let me know, I dont want to install Adamtuned+ and have the car feel like stock for a hundred miles or a hour of driving. How come this doesnt happen after a stock car is tuned?

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
This will be good. As long as no idiots put in 87 octane and load the 93 tune. I think Cobb did this as a safety protocol. In theory, the way they have it set up is good incase that happens. Running aggressive timing on 87 octane if the OAR is tricked into thinking its 93 is gonna equal a lot of knock. Might wanna put a big caution on enabling that feature. It's gonna be real good for dyno comparison.
OAR is a factory table not a Cobb table. The factory tune still calculates OAR and it's to prevent knock with a poor quality fuel. There is a single table setup with mostly a single value in it that is negative. OAR reads in positive and negative and -1.00 being "100%". -1.00 x -5 = 5* of additional timing.

You don't have to drive around for hours or days. OAR will most likely already be at -1.00 when you go to flash the new tune on. Unless you are going from bone stock tune to a Cobb Accessport tune. Then it will reset OAR and will take about 20 minutes to get back to -1.00.

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
JUST BOUGHT MINE. Now the painful wait for it to arrive...
Sponsored