Sponsored

A different take on grill lights

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Nice work. I have been looking for a grill with lights upgrade ever since I got the car. Inspiration indeed!!

OP
OP
BlackGT

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
Thanks for the complements guys.
I don't have any beam shots yet, it will probably be sometime this weekend before I can get out to take some due to my work schedule.

I will say I expected a little more projection from them but I put LED bulbs in them so they would match the brightness of the factory lights. The bulbs are bright but I don't think they reflect much light from inside to project outward. I am sure an HID bulb would be much better.

My hopes with the lights were to be a filler light anyway. I can't stand loosing sight of the roadway when I am going through a sag or dip in the road by the cut off shade in the headlights lets the roadway go black until the car starts to go up the hill. The old style headlight assemblies may not look as modern but I loved the brightness of them, especially the old 4 bulb headlights that kept the low beams on with the high beams.

Noir5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT premium, 2001 mustang v6 4.3 h/c/i
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Now theres 2 of us (that i know of) that took matters into there own hands for this look

OP
OP
BlackGT

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trend setters.... LOL!

Sponsored

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Looks great, nice work. Look forward to seeing some night shots

OP
OP
BlackGT

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
here are a few shots of the light pattern. I still think the reason for the diffused lighting is the LED bulb itself. the bulb has 4 small leds on the back and two large ones in the front. I will probably switch to HID bulbs down the road. Anyways here are the pics.

grille lights only

grille lights w/ fog lights

grille lights / fog lights / head lights

head lights / fog lights / no grille lights

as you can see, there is not a ton of difference but I still think it is a bulb issue. I have yet to have anyone flash their lights at me and I have checked the reflection in store front glass and the headlights are still brighter than the grille lights.

OP
OP
BlackGT

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had a thought about the brightness of the grille lights. I used the DRL wire to feed the power to the relay to activate it, they dim when the lights are turned on so the grille lights may be dimming as well. I don't see why because the power to the lights is feed from a different source and the relay just completes the circuit. i will have to get my volt meter out and see. It is just a thought.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Those lights look great, and they came out looking clean! I'd laugh if Ford made that an OEM option after seeing your work.

A DIY job well done, sir!

OP
OP
BlackGT

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am looking at getting rid of my mustang and would be willing to pass on these "one off" grille lights for $200 bucks plus your factory GT grille to replace mine. PM me if interested. this will include the wiring as well.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I am looking at getting rid of my mustang and would be willing to pass on these "one off" grille lights for $200 bucks plus your factory GT grille to replace mine. PM me if interested. this will include the wiring as well.
Wow, that was fast.

OP
OP
BlackGT

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm having vibration issues that can't seem to be resolved.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
What about all the other goodies? I am interested in the grille. Sending a pm

OP
OP
BlackGT

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ tried calling, left my number. As for the other items, the blower and light bar are for sale as well. I am in the process of removing the blower. If I can't get anyone to buy the light bar, it will go with the car. The panels that you have to drill are as much as the light bar and not cost effective to replace unless someone wants to swap panels and a good deal on the bar.