2015 Mustang GT

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm with you. If there is cold air on one side but not the other it would seem to mean a problem with the system that routes the air to specific outlets.
I thought the same thing at first, but while driving to work in the morning, it blows COLD air from the passenger side and WARM air from the driver side.

Driving home at 3pm, it blows WARM air from the pass side, HOT air from the driver side (so I close those vents to help).

I'm in Florida, and while driving home it take a good 30 minutes to blow anything that seems cool.

The next morning, it's back to the COLD/WARM state again.

So this kinda points me away from an actuator/routing problem.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I thought the same thing at first, but while driving to work in the morning, it blows COLD air from the passenger side and WARM air from the driver side.

Driving home at 3pm, it blows WARM air from the pass side, HOT air from the driver side (so I close those vents to help).

I'm in Florida, and while driving home it take a good 30 minutes to blow anything that seems cool.

The next morning, it's back to the COLD/WARM state again.

So this kinda points me away from an actuator/routing problem.
That's the symptom of low refrigerant charge. A bad evaporator is the most likely the reason the system is leaking. Slight chance it could be a leak someplace else, but only the dealer can really determine the source of the leak ... but my bet is the evaporator.

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 6MT
Wow this thread grew.. I had my evap core replaced back in September of 2016... looks like I need to get it done again as my A/C stopped working this weekend. Off to the dealer for possible core #2.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Looks like I may be the newest victim. Yesterday it was about 90 degrees in VA and my AC was on max blowing around 60 degree air. Measured with a laser thermometer. This morning, it seemed fine, but it's only 73 out.

My car was built in April of 2016 if anyone is keeping track.

Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Looks like I may be the newest victim. Yesterday it was about 90 degrees in VA and my AC was on max blowing around 60 degree air. Measured with a laser thermometer. This morning, it seemed fine, but it's only 73 out.

My car was built in April of 2016 if anyone is keeping track.
Let me know what dealer are you taking it to when you decide to have it looked at. I just want to know in the event my car has this issue in the future.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Let me know what dealer are you taking it to when you decide to have it looked at. I just want to know in the event my car has this issue in the future.
All I can say for sure is that it definitely won be Ted Britt Ford.

I'll take it to where I bought it. Battlefield Ford in Manassas.

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Mine went out last week with 10.5k miles, took it in wed and got it back Fri. This thread isn't giving me much confidence. Planet Ford in spring TX took care of me, lady said if it takes any longer they'd give me a loaner.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Ford is the only automaker I know where they only provide loaners if the service duration is greater than 3 days. It's totally unacceptable.

DontKnowMe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The first core was replaced August 2016, but it completely failed at the end of June that year. The replacement was on back order for 5 weeks.

The second core failed in June this year, but they have a core in stock this time.

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
The first core was replaced August 2016, but it completely failed at the end of June that year. The replacement was on back order for 5 weeks.

The second core failed in June this year, but they have a core in stock this time.
Do you have the work receipt with the core part number from the first job? If it's the updated one, that's very concerning.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Update: I took my car in, they filled it up with refrigerand and it now seems to work perfectly - it's freezing cold inside the cabin. They told me that it is possible that there was not enough freon inside the system when I first bought the car, they have seens this happening before.

Anyway, they also added a dye and they will follow up in a month in order to check if there is a leak or not.

Hopefully that will be the end of the problem. Will keep you updated.
Update #2:

The air-condition finally died today, 25 days after the refill. It now blows only warm air... The car was parked in my garage for 2 days as I was away on a trip. I started the car today (outside temperature 95 degrees) and a strange smell flooded the cabin (freon?). I called the dealership and I will take it in tomorrow so that they locate the leak and decide on the next steps.

A defective air-condition that will eventually affect all new-generation Mustangs, so many frustrated customers, leaking evaporators that can cause health issues and no action from Ford... This is very bad publicity for the company and the brand itself. Especially for a car that is supposed to be an icon for Ford.

It's a pitty... Such a good looking car, so fun to drive, but with so many problems and quality control issues reported. I have a 5-year warranty, but the lack of spare parts in Europe can make the repair of the slightest damage a lengthy procedure. I own the car for less than a year but I seriously consider selling it and never look back again.

Will keep you posted, but, seriously, I would expect some sort of action from Ford :mad:

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 6MT
Well i heard from the dealer.. Its confirmed.. Its the evaporator core.. that puts me in the two evaporator core club... Think about it, this is the 3rd evap core this car has seen.. counting the one that came with it. :lol:

good news is car should be fixed by tomorrow.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Well i heard from the dealer.. Its confirmed.. Its the evaporator core.. that puts me in the two evaporator core club... Think about it, this is the 3rd evap core this car has seen.. counting the one that came with it. :lol:

good news is car should be fixed by tomorrow.
Hopefully it's not a flaw in the overall ac system which puts undue stress on the evap. If we start seeing people with new ones start leaking in a year or so, that's gonna be scary.

Best of luck and fingers crossed that's the last time your car has a defect! :cheers:

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Hopefully it's not a flaw in the overall ac system which puts undue stress on the evap. If we start seeing people with new ones start leaking in a year or so, that's gonna be scary.
I second this! :cheers:
Sponsored