Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
For you guys that had the repair done, any problems with buttons, or touch screen or anything like that after the install?

I had mine replaced today. It only took them one day to finish the install. The service rep said come in the morning to pick it up but now since they did it so fast I am concerned.
No issues last summer when they worked on it. I'll let you know how this round goes.
Sponsored

Johnjdpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem 50th App, Roush - AB, CAI, Tuned
I have also joined the Evap Core issue like everyone else. My '15 GT just hit 18k miles right after a pretty humid week in Dallas.

Like everyone, the passenger side was a little cooler than the driver's side and when turning the AC on I could hear what sounded like water trickling in the vents. I checked the pulley on the compressor and everything seemed fine. Called up my Dealership and dropped it off yesterday, received the call today that the Evap core is the issue and it should be done Monday. Didn't seem to bat an eye at the issue and after reading this thread it makes sense that it is a weekly occurrence.

I do have the extended warranty so a rental was not an issue, sorry for all of the issues other's are having trying to get a rental as the process seems to take a few days between diagnostic and replacement.

Super nervous regarding the dash being taken apart and put back together, will definitely be using a fine tooth comb before I leave the dealership lot to see if there are any issues with buttons/noises/scratches.

Dkar26

MaxPower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
Sub'd to follow this thread. I have a '17 built in February. Anyone out there with an early 17 with this issue?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=28028]Dkar26[/MENTION] 2017 EU spec EcoBoost here. The exact same thing started happening to me almost a month ago, on a hot day. The car is only 8 months old with 6000 km on (3750 miles).

I took my car in three weeks ago, they filled it up with refrigerant and so far it seems to work perfectly - it's freezing cold inside the cabin. They told me that it is possible that there was not enough freon inside the system when I first bought the car, they have seens this happening before.

Anyway, they also added a dye and they will follow up in a month in order to check if there is a leak or not. Hopefully that will be the end of the problem. I keep my fingers crossed...

7thStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Ecoboot Premium
[MENTION=28028]Dkar26[/MENTION] 2017 EU spec EcoBoost here. The exact same thing started happening to me almost a month ago, on a hot day. The car is only 8 months old with 6000 km on (3750 miles).

I took my car in three weeks ago, they filled it up with refrigerant and so far it seems to work perfectly - it's freezing cold inside the cabin. They told me that it is possible that there was not enough freon inside the system when I first bought the car, they have seens this happening before.

Anyway, they also added a dye and they will follow up in a month in order to check if there is a leak or not. Hopefully that will be the end of the problem. I keep my fingers crossed...
2016 and are not supposed to be effected. Since mine has been done, I don't feel my air is as cold as before. I need to get mine checked. Good luck hopefully it was only freon.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thanks and good luck to you too.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
No issues last summer when they worked on it. I'll let you know how this round goes.
I got my car back on Friday of last week (dropped it off Wednesday at 4:30PM), so roughly a one day turnaround. The shop foreman said the evaporator cores had either been redesigned and re-manufactured or changed, but I wasn't clear which it was. But it was clear a new one was going into my car.

The install was the same as last time, with no visible marks, scratches or stains, and the windshield tint wasn't scuffed or damaged. All of the buttons, dials and gauges seem to work (at the the ones I've tried) and I don't hear any squeaking or new noises while I drive.

The AC is back to blowing cold again, and it also doesn't smell, which tells me they didn't just refill the refrigerant. The receipt I got shows they replaced the evaporator core, added refrigerant and put more air in my tires, very similar to last summer.

We'll see how long it lasts this time.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
ok boys.. i am new victim of this.. 2016 gt premium.. but built in 2015 so i am in trouble.. driver side slighty warmer air and passenger side cooler.. but its slowly dying hehehe.. so yea i have dealer appointment fir 25 july... bec there are 6 cars getting same shit.. before me... and yes evac design has changed and diff vendor

Dkar26

MaxPower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
The operations manager I spoke to at my local dealership tells me that there have been 4 different part numbers for the A/C evaporator for the s550. So, hopefully, this most recent part will be the most reliable.

"Hopefully" being the key word here.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The operations manager I spoke to at my local dealership tells me that there have been 4 different part numbers for the A/C evaporator for the s550. So, hopefully, this most recent part will be the most reliable.

"Hopefully" being the key word here.
I didn't know designing and manufacturing A/C evaporators suddenly became actual rocket science! :doh:

Sponsored

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I called my local dealer who has been helping me fix my ac problem with my car. They said the Evap core is still on back order. So I am waiting for parts to come in before I can drop the car off again to have them do this fix. I originally had dropped the car off to be looked at for the 6/26. The problem started in the first few weeks of June and then I found the Ac threads and decide to have the car looked at. So hopefully this get's resolved soon.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
hey fam what are exact symptoms of failing evap core... like mine is blowing cold air from passenger side but comparatively less cold air from driver side...

If evap fails entire thing should go down or m i missing anything?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
hey fam what are exact symptoms of failing evap core... like mine is blowing cold air from passenger side but comparatively less cold air from driver side...

If evap fails entire thing should go down or m i missing anything?
I'm with you. If there is cold air on one side but not the other it would seem to mean a problem with the system that routes the air to specific outlets.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I'm with you. If there is cold air on one side but not the other it would seem to mean a problem with the system that routes the air to specific outlets.
eactly.. it might be my actuator for driver side... because passenger is cold as it is supposed and it good enough to keep me fine if i make fins face towards me...but driver is not normal air.. its like cool but not as it is supposed to partial sorts