chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC SLT Premium Plus 4x4
Open heart surgery for such a young car
Yeah... It's pretty scary. They had another one in the shop for the same thing. It had just arrived the day before I picked mine up.
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I got my car back yesterday. Everything seems to be good so far. My service tech took a picture of my car when they had it apart. I'm including it in this post. I'm also including the invoice that shows the latest evap core part number.
What puzzles me is, did they decide to replace the evap core after the refill/recharge right away? Or did you drive around for a couple weeks first after the recharge and then noticed the same issue again? thx

Mine still seems to be working 1 month after the refill... so fingers crossed!

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC SLT Premium Plus 4x4
What puzzles me is, did they decide to replace the evap core after the refill/recharge right away? Or did you drive around for a couple weeks first after the recharge and then noticed the same issue again? thx

Mine still seems to be working 1 month after the refill... so fingers crossed!
The service tech came out. I explained that my A/C was blowing warm air. They said it was an evap core without even blinking an eye. The service tech didn't even stick his hand in my car to check the temperature. I dropped the car off the next morning and they gave me a rental and was on my way. No recharge of 134a. They went straight to pulling the evap core. If the core is leaking they can pump the system down and pull a vacuum on it to see if there is a leak. I'm pretty sure they just went ahead and replaced the core. The service tech also told me that a bunch have been coming in with this problem. Like I said earlier, another one came in for the same problem a day before I picked mine up. The issue appears to be widespread.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Any loss of refregirant indicates a leak somewhere. It's a closed loop system. Nothing should be lost throughout the ownership of the vehicle. Low refregirant means a leak. The fact that they think it's ok to just refill and send you on your way is ridiculous. Besides an environmental issue, it's a health hazard.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
The service tech came out. I explained that my A/C was blowing warm air. They said it was an evap core without even blinking an eye. The service tech didn't even stick his hand in my car to check the temperature. I dropped the car off the next morning and they gave me a rental and was on my way. No recharge of 134a. They went straight to pulling the evap core. If the core is leaking they can pump the system down and pull a vacuum on it to see if there is a leak. I'm pretty sure they just went ahead and replaced the core. The service tech also told me that a bunch have been coming in with this problem. Like I said earlier, another one came in for the same problem a day before I picked mine up. The issue appears to be widespread.
If the core is leaking they can pump the system down and pull a vacuum on it to see if there is a leak.
They did pull a vacuum on the system though, then refilled it and added some UV liquid to see if there was a leak somewhere the week after... nothing found after a week but said to come back after another 2 weeks or so.

Any loss of refregirant indicates a leak somewhere. It's a closed loop system. Nothing should be lost throughout the ownership of the vehicle. Low refregirant means a leak. The fact that they think it's ok to just refill and send you on your way is ridiculous. Besides an environmental issue, it's a health hazard.
Thanks for clearing this out for me, health hazard I do think so... Monday I smelled some gas and had a head ache/brainfreeze for 2 days... I guess Ill drop the dealership another visit next week.

Sponsored

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I wish I had your dealer

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
any reason ford hasn't done a recall on this? when i bought my car i lived in ny and used the a/c only during the hot months, here in fl its used everyday! my 16 just broke 10k and im dreading this day when it goes

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
any reason ford hasn't done a recall on this? when i bought my car i lived in ny and used the a/c only during the hot months, here in fl its used everyday! my 16 just broke 10k and im dreading this day when it goes
They won't do a recall unless it's safety related because the government will get on them if they don't.... Or if there is a major lawsuit.....

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
So I just got my windows tinted yesterday. It was 105 degrees here in the Sacramento area today. On my lunch break the A/C worked fine. When I left for the day it never got cold, it was just blowing hot air. And with the new window tint I couldn't roll my windows down. It was a rough 10 mile drive home, I probably lost 5 lbs in sweat.

Only 8k miles on my 2016 PP GT. I have an appointment for Monday morning at the dealer, and of course the tech on the phone said they've never heard of any evaporator issue, and not to trust anything you read on the internet. [roll eyes] It's going to be 109 degrees tomorrow and slightly less on Friday. Yay!

This sucks. I don't want them tearing apart the dash in a new car so that it rattles.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
They won't do a recall unless it's safety related because the government will get on them if they don't.... Or if there is a major lawsuit.....
The health of 150000 drivers who bought the 15/16/17 has nothing to do with safety I guess to persuade a recall:doh:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The health of 150000 drivers who bought the 15/16/17 has nothing to do with safety I guess to persuade a recall:doh:
Everyone who had the evaporator fail and puke vapors into the cabin should go here and file a complaint about the refrigerant leaking into the cabin, causing exposure to hazardous chemicals.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Great.... so it worked well this morning. I can see how this is gonna go. They'll tell me it works fine and nothing needs to be done come Monday. Ugh.
It should be hot enough today to get the AC to go out, tell the dealer to wait till it hotter outside to test it. Above 85 was when mine completely stopped working.
Sponsored