chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC SLT Premium Plus 4x4
That TSB is not explicitly about the Evap core
No, but maybe it will get the service person thinking in that direction.
Sponsored

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure you're not asking way too much there?
:cheers:
At this point, from some of the lame excuses that FOMOCO Service Tech's are giving their customer's, I'm not sure of anything. It is blatantly obvious that the 2015-2016 Mustangs have an inordinate number of evaporator core failures. I can only assume at this rate as the warmer climate is upon us, that these failures will only increase exponentially. That is only an assumption on my part though. We shall see.

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
I have 2017 GT Pw/PP. My A/C currently works and blows cold air however, the flow out of the ducts is varying. So on setting 4 it will dip to around 3 speed setting then back up to 4. Its like its sputtering. I have 3000 miles on my car and just know this is going to turn into a major problem. If i didnt love the car so Fu*&ing much i would trade it in.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I have 2017 GT Pw/PP. My A/C currently works and blows cold air however, the flow out of the ducts is varying. So on setting 4 it will dip to around 3 speed setting then back up to 4. Its like its sputtering. I have 3000 miles on my car and just know this is going to turn into a major problem. If i didnt love the car so Fu*&ing much i would trade it in.
Now that you mention it, mine does that too. But I assumed it was the compressor kicking in and out.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I have a warranty for 5 years but I'm sure as hell cutting and running before it runs out

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
My service tech called me this afternoon. She said they're still working on my car. She said it may be finished by Wednesday or Thursday. I don't want to rush them, but dammit I'd really like to have my Pony back. It's my daily driver and I really miss it. I just installed the Ford Racing Lowering Springs a few days before the AC crapped out. I was really digging the new setup.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
My service tech called me this afternoon. She said they're still working on my car. She said it may be finished by Wednesday or Thursday. I don't want to rush them, but dammit I'd really like to have my Pony back. It's my daily driver and I really miss it. I just installed the Ford Racing Lowering Springs a few days before the AC crapped out. I was really digging the new setup.
My service rep is ducking my calls. The last I heard was Friday when she was driving trying to reproduce an issue I described. Since tben, she's never there and they keep telling me she is away from her desk. I wonder if they fucked something up and are trying to cover up.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Adverse Health effects. The inhalation of high concentrations of R134a vapour may cause temporary central nervous system depression, with narcosis, lethargy and anaesthetic effects. Continued breathing of high concentrations of R134a vapours may produce cardiac irregularities, unconsciousness and death.
Sounds like a safety hazard to people ... and therefore maybe the NHTSA could force Ford to recall and replace all suspect evaporators.

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I got my car back yesterday. Everything seems to be good so far. My service tech took a picture of my car when they had it apart. I'm including it in this post. I'm also including the invoice that shows the latest evap core part number.
Evap_Replace.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Dude take this pdf down and crop out all your info! Way too much info about you for you to be sharing with strangers.

Crazy how much stuff has to be taken down for them to fix it though.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Dude take this pdf down and crop out all your info! Way too much info about you for you to be sharing with strangers.

THIS!!!!

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Open heart surgery for such a young car

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Open heart surgery for me too if I ever see my car this way...

My air con works fine after the refill and I hope it will stay that way, because I do not trust my dealer to do this kind of work (actually I do not trust anyone to do this kind of work). And if they do it, I wonder if the car will be the same again, without rattles and noises...

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack

Totally agree!!
Sponsored