Sponsored

58+% Power gain on just 8psi of ProCharger Supercharger Boost....

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
yes, but now im afraid its going to break again. im freaked out
Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Have the dealer weld the two parts of the dual mass flywheel together :)

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
seriously lololololol.

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Coupe 2.3L High Performance + HP + 6M
It isn't the clutch that goes, it's the dual mass flywheel. The clutch and pressure plate looked good when my flywheel died. I should have my car back today to try my new RAM flywheel and clutch.
Did you get your car back?

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
It should be ready today but I'm out of town so I can't pick it up until Monday :(

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Dr, you get your car back? Exactly wheel flywheel / clutch did you go with? I think my new flywheel is already on the way out. It feels weird now. That didnt last long

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Yes I got my car back but unfortunately I'm not real pleased with the results. After a few miles I got a check engine light and I have to take it back to get the crank position sensor reset or buy the Whipple flare device and do it myself. The clutch/flywheel isn't to my liking yet as it have a hard timing being smooth with it. The engagement point is pretty high on the clutch peddle and it chatters and is grabby. I'm hoping it will break in and become a little smoother and I will ultimately just adapt to it. I have the RAM billet steel flywheel and RAM HDX clutch kit.

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
Yes I got my car back but unfortunately I'm not real pleased with the results. After a few miles I got a check engine light and I have to take it back to get the crank position sensor reset or buy the Whipple flare device and do it myself. The clutch/flywheel isn't to my liking yet as it have a hard timing being smooth with it. The engagement point is pretty high on the clutch peddle and it chatters and is grabby. I'm hoping it will break in and become a little smoother and I will ultimately just adapt to it. I have the RAM billet steel flywheel and RAM HDX clutch kit.
My setup with these same parts on my old 2012 V6 ProCharger were awesome. I had no chatter and smooth. I don't remember there being an issue with release point. The pedal effort is harder but I got use to it as I've had many hard clutch pedals in the past on some Lotus cars I've owned.

JosephManu

Rookie Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Package
if i decide to install it. Should k expect same problems w/ automatic transmision?
Cs im still between procharger or a local shop that install turbochargers.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
The automatic should be less problems as it doesn't have the dual mass flywheel.

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
1. What might you suggest would be the cause of my 2012 Mustang V6 with the stock ProCharger kit for having a Rod bend with low mileage after about 7-8 months?
not attacking you in anyway just pointing out some issues with this. all this is coming from a career engine builder and tuner specializing in prochargers as well as having built dozens of procharged v6 mustangs. things you have to remember tunes don't change on their own. and cars don't break on their own. as you stated the car ran fine for months. that is your first clue generally if you are stressing a part like a rod, it either breaks or it doesn't. simple as that. if it made it through months without issue than there is a high probability that something in the "combo"changed. second. the actual act of "bending a rod" would go almost unnoticed. as there would be no noticeable performance loss from the rod bending. basically nothing would happen. NOW saying that these rods are manufactured the same way as the coyote rods in which case they usually done BEND at all but rather SNAP. then all hell breaks loose. so is it possible that the guy misspoke when describing to you what happened and that the rod actually snapped? lets assume for a moment that this is the case. the procharger itself would not be the culprit here. detonation COULD be the issue from possible bad gas or tuning changes though i would think not likely. it would have to be pretty severe. so they leaves two options left. that are related. overall too much cylinder pressure (read hp) AND/OR excessive engine speed. these two are the rod killers. detonation will USUALLY kill a piston. but engine speed will kill a rod. so moral of the story. leave the tune and boost level as procharger sends it. keep the rpm range where it should be and it will live a LONG life. now as you mentioned you like to road race if i read correctly. might i suggest filling up with a good 100 octane unleaded if you are going to do that as road racing is BRUTAL on engine parts. especially supercharged ones which add heat. the extra octane will be a nice safety net. hope some of this helps

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
not attacking you in anyway just pointing out some issues with this. all this is coming from a career engine builder and tuner specializing in prochargers as well as having built dozens of procharged v6 mustangs. things you have to remember tunes don't change on their own. and cars don't break on their own. as you stated the car ran fine for months. that is your first clue generally if you are stressing a part like a rod, it either breaks or it doesn't. simple as that. if it made it through months without issue than there is a high probability that something in the "combo"changed. second. the actual act of "bending a rod" would go almost unnoticed. as there would be no noticeable performance loss from the rod bending. basically nothing would happen. NOW saying that these rods are manufactured the same way as the coyote rods in which case they usually done BEND at all but rather SNAP. then all hell breaks loose. so is it possible that the guy misspoke when describing to you what happened and that the rod actually snapped? lets assume for a moment that this is the case. the procharger itself would not be the culprit here. detonation COULD be the issue from possible bad gas or tuning changes though i would think not likely. it would have to be pretty severe. so they leaves two options left. that are related. overall too much cylinder pressure (read hp) AND/OR excessive engine speed. these two are the rod killers. detonation will USUALLY kill a piston. but engine speed will kill a rod. so moral of the story. leave the tune and boost level as procharger sends it. keep the rpm range where it should be and it will live a LONG life. now as you mentioned you like to road race if i read correctly. might i suggest filling up with a good 100 octane unleaded if you are going to do that as road racing is BRUTAL on engine parts. especially supercharged ones which add heat. the extra octane will be a nice safety net. hope some of this helps
Thank you for the response. I did hear from a mechanic who said the rod was bent and not snapped. I don't think the new owner had the skills or know anyone who would change the tune. I think excessive engine speed seems likely in my mind. He hasn't responded back to me on what happened or where the old engine is, so lack of response lends me to believe he may have done something stupid.

I have been on track with past cars but never with my 2012 Mustang V6 with the ProCharger. In fact, I didn't buy the ProCharger kit for the extra hp, I only bought it for the car shows. The stock 300hp of the V6 is more than enough hp for me. To explain, the most common question asked at the car shows was "why did I not buy the V8?" Purchasing the ProCharger answered this question with the answer " More hp than the stock GT and the fuel economy of the V6 as this is my daily driver" and it also was my best chance to beat the V8's in the car shows and it did work as I was 1st Place in the 35th International Mustang meet here http://www.mymustang.ca/myhistory.htm

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Got the crank angle position sensor reset and it runs fine again. I can't really get on it though as I need to break in the clutch.

Slowv6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Hi I'm new to prochargers and I'm considering purchasing a 2015 mustang v6 with a procharger and the car only has 1k miles any tips on what to look at when I go purchase the car or if I should even consider purchasing it anything will help thanks I'm new

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Is it automatic and who installed the Procharger?
Sponsored