Sponsored

50th Anniversary Grill

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
If you're already waiting te amount of time you are I would suggest just getting the car you ordered. I was on the fence when I got my first 2015 with AAP, then as time went by I kept thinking I should have just waited for the no 50th AAP. I can't get over the fact it still looks like a V6 mustang (s197). I was much happier when I got my red one.
Sponsored

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Please note in changing the 'appearance' the removal of the 50th grill on an Ecoboost car makes a substantial change in the loss of mouth (grill) opening depth.

The 50th grill (on both a GT and Ecoboost) is "inset" like the GT grill and the pony corral and bars create a sense of 3D depth (some like, some don't-actually more then sense they actually do create a 3D grill) which changes the look of the car on an almost subconscious level.

Walk up to a "normal" GT at hood level and slide your hand/fingers under the hood...you have about 3 ins before you hit the inset honeycomb grill. On a normal (non-50th package) Ecoboost your fingesr go in about 1 in and bam-grill. This creates a flat front appearance on the Ecoboost cars vs the inset "depth" of the GT.

The difference is subtle but it does create (for some) an impact on the front end appearance. On a GT less so as the normal GT grill is inset the same depth as the 50th App Pack grill. I finally figured out out while staring at two Ecoboosts sitting side by side-one with the 50th app pack. I couldn't "get" why the App Pack car seemed so different-beyond the corral and wings. Then it hit me - depth.
I believe this has something to do with why the 50th AP Ecoboost doesn't have the grille shutters -- the grille is too "deep".

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I believe this has something to do with why the 50th AP Ecoboost doesn't have the grille shutters -- the grille is too "deep".
Great catch!!!:doh:
The 50th App Pack grill is the same-GT or eco...and it is based upon the GT honeycomb grill (depth).

The grill shutters could easily explain the issue (I thought it was just a styling exercise). Thanks for the info.:cheers:

Ozzistang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang waiting list
Unfortunately the 50th anniversary grill won't be sold in Australia . I have my GT on order and can't even get it through ford spare parts. I guess I will be organising an order through a ford dealer in the USA .

Anyone out there with a 50th anniversary grill they want to sell - just call out - I will take it off your hands !

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 50th Anniv, and due to hwy debris flying up and taking out passenger chrome bar, i ended up removing the other one and actually like it better now with just t he corral pony. grill is $900 just for the part.
Do you have a close up of the grill now that the side bars are off? I saw your pictures in your garage on here but there is a lot of shadow and it looks like you have no grill at all in those pictures.