Sponsored

50th Anniversary Grill

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I would bet finding someone to swap for free would be very simple.... considering that the 50 AP grille is like $900 from Ford Parts. :)
Exactly why I would trade him my extra OEM GT grill for it just in case I ever need a back up. PM sent btw ;)
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I paid for the 50th AP specifically for the grille and faux gas cap. Like, that was all I wanted in a Mustang. Weird how preferences are different.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I paid for the 50th AP specifically for the grille and faux gas cap. Like, that was all I wanted in a Mustang. Weird how preferences are different.
Did exactly the same thing... All the interior stuff - that I now like quite a bit - I didn't really care about at the time I was ordering.

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White EB Prem 50Anniv, 201A
I ordered my car 2 weeks ago and still do not have a VIN. Got a call from my dealer offering me a 2015 GT w/PP and NAV at the same price as the one I ordered. There are only two problems. This car has 150test drive miles and it's got the 50th anniversary grill. How hard/expensive. Is it to swap that out for the standard GT upper and lower grills? Should I be alarmed about such high test drive miles?
I have the 50th Anniv, and due to hwy debris flying up and taking out passenger chrome bar, i ended up removing the other one and actually like it better now with just t he corral pony. grill is $900 just for the part.
mustang front.jpg

Sponsored

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White EB Prem 50Anniv, 201A
How did u remove the other piece?
Actually body shop did it for me, but looking at the part and how it fits, they just snap in. They don't sell the bars separately yet.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I actually didn't get the 50th trim because I too don't care for the grill. I love the tail lights though, and in about 40 minutes, another member here should be pulling up in my driveway for a swap!
Now if I could just talk him out of those wheels :headbonk: Love the 50th wheels.
Also like the faux gas cap too.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I know the '15's are different than the '14's, but here's a shot of my '14 halfway into swapping the factory GT grill for a Boss 302 grill. Whole front bumper cover has to come off (as well as the front under body tray). Lots of clips and screws like Anthony said above...
Not true, I had a 2013 that I swapped for the Boss grille and all you do is put painters tape on the bottom(to protect the paint) then pull it out and push the new one in.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Please note in changing the 'appearance' the removal of the 50th grill on an Ecoboost car makes a substantial change in the loss of mouth (grill) opening depth.

The 50th grill (on both a GT and Ecoboost) is "inset" like the GT grill and the pony corral and bars create a sense of 3D depth (some like, some don't-actually more then sense they actually do create a 3D grill) which changes the look of the car on an almost subconscious level.

Walk up to a "normal" GT at hood level and slide your hand/fingers under the hood...you have about 3 ins before you hit the inset honeycomb grill. On a normal (non-50th package) Ecoboost your fingers go in about 1 in and bam-grill. This creates a flat front appearance on the Ecoboost cars vs the inset "depth" of the GT.

The difference is subtle but it does create (for some) an impact on the front end appearance. On a GT less so as the normal GT grill is inset the same depth as the 50th App Pack grill. I finally figured out out while staring at two Ecoboosts sitting side by side-one with the 50th app pack. I couldn't "get" why the App Pack car seemed so different-beyond the corral and wings. Then it hit me - depth.

Last edited:

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
One of the major reasons I chose the package to begin with the standard eb grill is extremely bland

Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
If you want to trade grills let me know...however, I have the standard V6 grille. I really like the look of that 50AP pony corral grille, it looks like my '07.

OP
OP

Black6gGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT Premium
Looks like I'm staying with the one I ordered. Black GT PP it is.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
the only and last time I bought a Mustang GT that had 200 or so test miles and it was aPOS> never again

OP
OP

Black6gGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT Premium
I agree, but its hard sharing 1 car when both parents work.
Sponsored