Sponsored

5.0 beat by Q50 hybrid

Shark77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MS3
...surprised that the SS even pulled on the GT on the long straight where we were hitting speeds of 140mph.
Straights are a bit deceiving if you're basing it on the car in front pulling away. For example, if both cars are equal and accelerate at the same rate it will always look like the car ahead is pulling away simply because if the gap in time remains equal, the distance must increase.

Just pointing out an illusion that occurs... Not saying its the case here.
Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
That 4.4 seconds come from magazine review. A forum member if i m not mistaken did 4.3 sec with a gtpp using a gps speedo to clock his speed and timer.

He only used the first two gears. However in the process he broke the shifter multiple times, no kidding!
I remember reading that somewhere as well,crazy!
Some of those same magazines show a 13.0 for the quarter:shrug:funny how nobody ever mentions that when quoting gt numbers. They're are definitely faster guys stock but average Joe which from what I've seen are a large majority of mustang owners will be a 5.0 to 60 and 13.0 1/4 at absolute best.Easily slower if you can't shift quickly. The outcome of a gt loss Is possible in a best case worst case scenario but certainly not the rule.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
The Q will be 15 times easier to race. With100%torque as soon as you floor it, and awd to handle it, your great aunt Ethel can 1/4 that thing to 13.1 like its nothing. A coyote without tracktion nannies on the other hand requires some fairly extwnsive knowhow on how to launch it, and even with a skilled driver the perfect launch will not come 100% of the times.
The future of sports cars is in electric...currently the 3 gastest cars i can think of are hybrids...

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
The Q will be 15 times easier to race. With100%torque as soon as you floor it, and awd to handle it, your great aunt Ethel can 1/4 that thing to 13.1 like its nothing. A coyote without tracktion nannies on the other hand requires some fairly extwnsive knowhow on how to launch it, and even with a skilled driver the perfect launch will not come 100% of the times.
The future of sports cars is in electric...currently the 3 gastest cars i can think of are hybrids...
The Q50 is a hybrid, not all electric. It will NOT have 100% of the torque as soon as you floor it - that only applies to electric cars.

The Q50 Hybrid does also come in AWD, so that would make it easier to launch than a Mustang GT.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Actually, torque management systems on those cars will ramp the torque similarly to a gasoline engine for traction purposes.

Jonny50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Take a car for what it is, 5.0 is a cheap American car for what you get, raw power, mediocre quality and easy parts. A q50, although is has its share of issues, doesn't have mediocre parts/quality, and parts are a bit more expensive due to "luxury".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mediocre? awwww man, and here I was all excited about my fancy new car

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
Isn't Infinity Nissan's Luxery brand? I doubt the parts are any better quality wise then what you find in Nissans equivlant car no?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I'm not surprised really. My sister has a '15 SQ5 and that thing does 0-60 in 4.7sec AWD with a DCT wouldn't be hard for her to pull on a stock 5.0 at all since we have traction issues. That thing shits and gets for an SUV for sure... The luxury brands are somewhat more refined IMO Even Nissan has some sweet sleepers I wouldn't race a Juke GTR and that's one ugly beast...

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Whatever you do, don't EVER race a Tesla P85 or CLS AMG63 4matic - they will eat even a heavily modded 'stang ! But then, for 2+ x the price, if I owned one Id expect to whip the pants off pretty much everything !

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Whatever you do, don't EVER race a Tesla P85 or CLS AMG63 4matic - they will eat even a heavily modded 'stang ! But then, for 2+ x the price, if I owned one Id expect to whip the pants off pretty much everything !
Can confirm... Not because I've raced either car. I've owned the CLS 63 AMG, and it is a fast car. A modern AMG typically has more power than a GT (except for the 45 AMGs). Tesla's are fast - gotta love electric cars and their instant torque.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

GT-keith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
An auto and stock GT will average about a 5 second 0-60 (my best is 4.7 but that is extreme), the magazine times are adjusted for track conditions and such. Say they run the car and it does a 4.8, the tester will usually adjust the time by whatever formula they use. To see a low 4 second time tires are needed badly.
There are quite a few GT owners here who are in the 4.7-4.9s range and that is using the built-in track app which is inaccurate by almost half a second.

The Mustang is a legit 4.3-4.5 second car. At near parity with sea level it does 4.4s(Motor Trend) and adjusted for air pressure and temperature it is 4.5s in the automatic with 3.55 gears(Car and Driver)

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
Can confirm... Not because I've raced either car. I've owned the CLS 63 AMG, and it is a fast car. A modern AMG typically has more power than a GT (except for the 45 AMGs). Tesla's are fast - gotta love electric cars and their instant torque.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
tesla.PNG

Tesla in the front, Infinity in the back. Had a Q70 5.6 (QX80 in the back) and it was pretty quick, and the interior was awesome. No sign of cheap parts regardless of its relation to Nissan.
Sponsored