Sponsored

5.0 beat by Q50 hybrid

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
My stock 2014 SS Sedan is faster/quicker than my 2013 Mustang GT. My SS does 0-60 in 4.5sec vs 4.7sec for my GT. My son who was driving the GT & I along with everybody else at the track (2.5 mile) were surprised that the SS even pulled on the GT on the long straight where we were hitting speeds of 140mph.

On that track day my GT had the stock 245 A/S tires & crappy factory brake pads. My SS was all stock but has Brembo brakes 245/275 summer tires.

Since our last track day my GT has been upgraded with bits from Steeda, upgraded brakes and 255/275 summer tires which has transformed the handling/braking capabilities. My SS now has 245/285 A/S tires which gives up a little on the extreme handling but pulling 1.1x lateral Gs is easily achieved.

Sponsored

Last edited:

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
My stock 2014 SS Sedan is faster/quicker than my 2013 Mustang GT. My SS does 0-60 in 4.5sec vs 4.7sec for my GT. My son who was driving the GT & I along with everybody else at the track (2.5 mile) were surprised that the SS even pulled on the GT on the long straight where we were hitting speeds of 140mph.

On that track day my GT had the stock 245 A/S tires & crappy factory brake pads. My SS was all stock but has Brembo brakes 245/275 summer tires.

Since our last track day my GT has been upgraded with bits from Steeda, upgraded brakes and 255/275 summer tires which has transformed the handling/braking capabilities. My SS now has 245/285 A/S tires which gives up a little on the extreme handling but pulling 1.1x lateral Gs is easily achieved.
Not going to lie, one surprised the hell out of my the other day... I didn't know we were racing at first, but I reacted quick and caught him. Those little g-maw mobiles don't play around. If I was still fully stock, I wouldn't have caught him.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Any car with AWD and 0-60 or quarter mile time range within a second of a mustang will have a chance due to the drivers race. Especially if you are comparing a manual to and auto things will change in a heart beat!

From a roll though i will put my money on the mustang!

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
Yep, IF the 4 banger is modded

A turbo 4 banger modded EB will beat a q50 as well, but let's get down to apples to apples. A v6 mustang cannot touch a v6 q50, no if and or buts about it. Take a car for what it is, 5.0 is a cheap American car for what you get, raw power, mediocre quality and easy parts. A q50, although is has its share of issues, doesn't have mediocre parts/quality, and parts are a bit more expensive due to "luxury".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 5.0 is not a 4.7 or 4.9 second car to 6o mph (as mentioned earlier)...unless the driver is slooooow. The 5.0 should hit 60 mph in 4.4 seconds and the quarter mile in 12.5 seconds in average track conditions. No way that Q50 will be close. It will however easily beat a stock Eco Tuner.

Reactions: kz
OP
OP

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Any car with AWD and 0-60 or quarter mile time range within a second of a mustang will have a chance due to the drivers race. Especially if you are comparing a manual to and auto things will change in a heart beat!

From a roll though i will put my money on the mustang!
the AWD model is actually slower, the hybrid is also about .4 seconds faster than the q50s.

Just posting what I saw, that thing took off and made the mustang struggle, if it would've kept going I see no doubt the 5.0 driving past it after 90.

Driver mod does have a lot to do but it was just quite the sight being such a close race, even the 5.0 being ahead by a car would still show that hybrid has balls unlike my 130hp f-sport ct200h :frusty:

Sponsored

OP
OP

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
The 5.0 is not a 4.7 or 4.9 second car to 6o mph (as mentioned earlier)...unless the driver is slooooow. The 5.0 should hit 60 mph in 4.4 seconds and the quarter mile in 12.5 seconds in average track conditions. No way that Q50 will be close. It will however easily beat a stock Eco Tuner.
I'd like to see a average joe do 4.4 on their stock 5.0:cheers: so what you're telling me is that with bolt-ons and fat tires the 5.0 will dip under 4 seconds?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Its all in the driver,ive seen a few young guys with base 5.0s running 13,9 at capital.Could not drive a stick at all!!!!.Coming from a light u better know how to drive or u could look stupid no matter what ur driving.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I'd like to see a average joe do 4.4 on their stock 5.0:cheers: so what you're telling me is that with bolt-ons and fat tires the 5.0 will dip under 4 seconds?
That 4.4 seconds come from magazine review. A forum member if i m not mistaken did 4.3 sec with a gtpp using a gps speedo to clock his speed and timer.

He only used the first two gears. However in the process he broke the shifter multiple times, no kidding!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
An auto and stock GT will average about a 5 second 0-60 (my best is 4.7 but that is extreme), the magazine times are adjusted for track conditions and such. Say they run the car and it does a 4.8, the tester will usually adjust the time by whatever formula they use. To see a low 4 second time tires are needed badly.

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
I have a stock 2012 G37x coupe auto. Car and driver claims 13.8 @ 102mph. The car is quick, but there is NO WAY it's faster than my 5.0.. If you catch the car in the right gear on a roll, it'll pull hard to about 70mph, but then it'll plateau.

Either the driver absolutely sucks at driving or there's something wrong with his 5.0!

Sponsored

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I just beat a q50 from a 20 roll yesterday... That dosent make sense I have a EB Auto with Tune DP Exhaust and E30 Gas do would this mean I compete with 5.0s?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I guarantee with very minor bolt ons and sticky tire it'll do it on a prepped track. Where everyone should be doing their racing! And it'll also cover the 1/4 mile in about 11.8 to 12'seconds. What do you run when your at the track? In fact if I can't get this car to run 12.6 stock at Atco this fall. I'll give it to you.:headbang:

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
If you look at the torque multiplication by gear ratio, you'll see that the Q50 and 5.0 on first gear put down about the same amount of torque. This is due to Infinitis high 1st gear ration on its 7 speed, they do it for take off purposes. Now, 2-7 no way, 5.0 will crush it. Now, if you can squeeze out 100 horse and 100 torque out of the q50 and it will beat the 5.0. The cars are relatively close in weight, maybe off 100+\- pounds, given the same horsepower the 5.0 will be embarrassed by a q50. There are so many variables people lack to look at, it's not all torque and horsepower. Take into account weight, horsepower, torque, gearing, number of gears, drivetrain losses, the list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored