Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
@Hangman77 this was one of my favorite build threads and been following since the beginning. I was wondering what happened and feared the worst. Happy you’re still with us on earth lol.
haven’t gone anywhere. Just livin life. I have two young boys that I do everything with, they are getting older one is 6 and the other is almost 3, so we’re hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling and causing chaos on the regular, plus I enjoy some other hobbies. I’ve also been racing most of 2023 competitively with my father in our lotus race cars. We have been doing endurance and sprint racing. Taking home quite a few first place trophies.

IMG_5498.jpeg
IMG_0633.jpeg
IMG_0635.jpeg
98640243-2024+01+28-7885.jpeg

IMG_1083.jpeg
IMG_2272.jpeg
42d44f16-a641-4df7-8b99-63126ade0826.jpeg
49885851-f1e1-487c-9761-a2728c6bcbea.jpeg

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
"wanted to abuse the shit out of this car"

Hence all the mechanical failures? Lemon? Or are you suggesting all of them are sub par?

Sounds like you had a good time when it wasn't on crutches.
I have a sample size of one. And you can see all the issues. This thing has allot of down time. I do have a couple of other buddies who own gt350’s. One is on his third motor and has had some other issues. the other couple minor things and also couple major things. All warranty stuff.

these cars seem like they can’t survive being run hard for extended periods. That’s my opinion. I think @honeybadger said it somewhere. The car vibrates itself to death. I do drive my cars very hard. But damn, definitely not impressed with fords build quality or engineering to much with this car. Going the warranty route while keeping stock was a little pointless. Although with all these issues I would have had to deal with them myself, so I learned a ton about the car and during this full build I know what I want out of the car to continue to enjoy it.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Been looking at clutches, I've always known the McLeod clutches for many years. Good to hear about your experience.

What have you done for fuel system?

Did you rig up your own dual fan setup for the heat exchanger?
I upgraded injectors and run the lethal performance BAP's. I felt upgrading the fuel system was a bit much for my application, and I don't believe I made the incorrect choice with approx 54k miles boosted on this setup.

I purchased the dual Spal fan plug-n-play setup from Whipple with the standard exchanger (I was told dual fans or OS exchanger, both won't fit) and noticed how much room I had when installing with the BMR bumper support. Brought in the larger exchanger and it fit like a glove.

IMG_8972.jpg

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
I have enjoyed watching your build thread as well as your track videos, you are definitely fast driver, and have your GT 350 R at the limit on track !

I’m curious with your custom engine build going forward, are you converting to cross plane crankshaft, or keeping the stock flat plane ?

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I have enjoyed watching your build thread as well as your track videos, you are definitely fast driver, and have your GT 350 R at the limit on track !

I’m curious with your custom engine build going forward, are you converting to cross plane crankshaft, or keeping the stock flat plane ?
I’m keeping the nostalgia of the gt350R. And staying with the flat plane crank. May the vibrations continue.

I can only imagine the sound of this car redlining at 9000 rpm as it exits corners and tears into the straights. It’s gonna be nuts. I’ll have to get some good audio

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I’ll have to include a second build thread when this car is dialed in over the year.

I want to get the engine coming out of my current 350 during the swap. And source a 65 mustang and make it a matching gt350 same paint to go with the 2020. Drop the flat plane engine built into that car and leave it n/an and run it to 9500 rpm stick shift or put the gt4 sequential into it for an insane custom build. Do a full carbon body done by my local guys here who carbon all the parts. Put full road race suspension in it. Sound deaden the interior, Ac, vin number, clean interior for a street track killer.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
I’ll have to include a second build thread when this car is dialed in over the year.

I want to get the engine coming out of my current 350 during the swap. And source a 65 mustang and make it a matching gt350 same paint to go with the 2020. Drop the flat plane engine built into that car and leave it n/an and run it to 9500 rpm stick shift or put the gt4 sequential into it for an insane custom build. Do a full carbon body done by my local guys here who carbon all the parts. Put full road race suspension in it. Sound deaden the interior, Ac, vin number, clean interior for a street track killer.
😮😮😮😮😮😮

oh man, you will have to share with all of us. And please, if you event head to Sebring again let me know, would definitely like to hear ur modified GT350R rip around that track !

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
😮😮😮😮😮😮

oh man, you will have to share with all of us. And please, if you event head to Sebring again let me know, would definitely like to hear ur modified GT350R rip around that track !
im at Sebring a bunch. I’ll let you know

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Trying to decide clutch….

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I’m most likely going to end out ditching the magenride suspension for a complete adjustable coil ever setup.

with the new setup once it’s done. I have to get the entire car dialed back in for the track. In doing so, I’m going to start that process off with new suspension as well. That way I can have all the configurations preset for all
My local tracks. I plan on smashing all My previous lap records so far.

if only I could get my hands on the gt4 suspension setup…🧐

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I’m most likely going to end out ditching the magenride suspension for a complete adjustable coil ever setup.

with the new setup once it’s done. I have to get the entire car dialed back in for the track. In doing so, I’m going to start that process off with new suspension as well. That way I can have all the configurations preset for all
My local tracks. I plan on smashing all My previous lap records so far.

if only I could get my hands on the gt4 suspension setup…🧐
Keep us posted on how you integrate the new suspension with the cars ECU/acronyms of things that make driving fast much harder in our cars.

I am planning to do the same thing, and it's the tuning and workaround that I am still trying to figure out. I know HB is also going this route, but I believe he is full ECU swap.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Keep us posted on how you integrate the new suspension with the cars ECU/acronyms of things that make driving fast much harder in our cars.

I am planning to do the same thing, and it's the tuning and workaround that I am still trying to figure out. I know HB is also going this route, but I believe he is full ECU swap.
Isn’t that what the MR delete modules are for? Or is there something more involved when changing the suspension?

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Isn’t that what the MR delete modules are for? Or is there something more involved when changing the suspension?
It's hit or miss on those systems. I've heard good and bad stories. And with the personality of my car, it will absolutely have issues if I install the delete modules. :cwl: