Sponsored

2018 Mustang refresh?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
This.

I would have been happy with a base GT with PP and red leather. But nooooooo.

Ford needs to steal a page or two from the Jeep Wrangler playbook and offer most options ala carte.....I HATE packages.
We all know they do it because some of their stuff/options would never sell so they just bundle them together...their should be at the minimum as categories...

• Entertainment
  • Comfort
  • Security
  • Safety
So no stereo stuff would every be with the other 3 categories.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
We all know they do it because some of their stuff/options would never sell
The bundling isn't all for selling more content than a customer might want. I have a relative who is involved with those decisions for a major car maker and studies show that many individuals delay a purchase or buy a competing brand due to stress from making a lot of choices OR from no cars on a lot with their combination of choices. Fewer options that include multiple items helps with both of those. I know it doesn't make sense to people like most forum members, but its true. That doesn't mean they don't also hope to box people into buying things they don't want.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
The bundling isn't all for selling more content than a customer might want. I have a relative who is involved with those decisions for a major car maker and studies show that many individuals delay a purchase or buy a competing brand due to stress from making a lot of choices OR from no cars on a lot with their combination of choices. Fewer options that include multiple items helps with both of those. I know it doesn't make sense to people like most forum members, but its true. That doesn't mean they don't also hope to box people into buying things they don't want.

It also simplifies things from a production perspective.

JCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 400a Magnetic
It also simplifies things from a production perspective.
Yup. Which lowers the production cost and (hopefully) at least some of that savings is passed on to the consumer.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Target MSRP increase will be less than 3%.

Depending on where Ford is on overseas backorders and US demand, MY17 might shortened?

10,000+ sales a month would have pushed a refresh back to 2019 for sure.

This is interesting:
The Mustang's recent decline in the US market has been offset by foreign demand. Last year, around 4000-4500 Mustang's shipped overseas a month. This year, 5000-6000 are shipped a month. By 2017, overseas Mustang sales could match the US sales.

After the overseas market open up completely, in the first 12 months, 27,000 RHD sold, 20,000 sold in Europe minus the 6000 in the UK. Another 10,000 go to the random countries all over the world.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The OEM leather seat skins are all over eBay and there's the katzkin seat covers that seem pretty high quality and popular too. When I was browsing used Mustangs earlier this year I saw a few of these base models with leather so I think it's fairly simple to swap. I know some dealers will even install leather on cars with cloth seats for a reasonable price.
True, but OEM seat covers were scarce to nonexistent when I bought mine, and I had really no interest in going aftermarket after the fact (other than performance mods).

I just wanted to order the car and pick it up. And would have preferred a base car with factory leather as such.

Oh well, I like what I have. But it has more fluff than I really wanted beyond red leather seats.

chrisvr6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Originally Posted by Rebellion:
My source told me...in very vague terms, it's like a cross between a miata and a charger, less of a muscle car look and more of a pure sports car look.
:headbonk:
m1.jpg
Unbenannt.png

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
FORD ANNUAL INVESTOR DAY IS TODAY:
Performance leadership will continue, as Ford delivers 12 new performance vehicles
promised by the end of the decade. The vehicles build on the huge market success of the
Ford GT, Shelby Mustang GT350 and GT350R, Focus RS, Focus ST and F-150 Raptor
Thx

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
FORD ANNUAL INVESTOR DAY IS TODAY:
Performance leadership will continue, as Ford delivers 12 new performance vehicles
promised by the end of the decade. The vehicles build on the huge market success of the
Ford GT, Shelby Mustang GT350 and GT350R, Focus RS, Focus ST and F-150 Raptor

https://www.at.ford.com/content/dam...ember 14 2016_FINAL.pdf?logActivity=true.html
The last page, Risk Factors, really puts into perspective all the things that could potentially hurt production.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a