Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the NAIAS Press Schedule, Ford has an event scheduled at the Joe Lewis Arena Jan 9th 9:05am - 9:30am EST. While near the Cobo Center, interesting that its being held at the Arena. I'd imagine thats your 2018 Mustang reveal....unless Ford is expected to unveil something completely new
Probably all their 18MY reveals. F-150, Mustang, Expedition/Navigator, Focus..
Sponsored

BGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6
Oh well......it took my mind off the impending '18MY for a few minutes :D

(but, will someone PLEASE officially confirm it's coming on January 9th at Detroit!!!!)
Haha, I'm with you. In the absence of substantive info I start getting other ideas ... like can I afford a Shelby now that they're at sticker? can I daily drive a Corvette? ... The curse of loving cars that are mathematically possible to own but potentially financially ruinous!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I must say the puddle lights on my car are awesome. People are raving about it when they see my car. :ford:
Just give it time...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Looking at the NAIAS Press Schedule, Ford has an event scheduled at the Joe Lewis Arena Jan 9th 9:05am - 9:30am EST. While near the Cobo Center, interesting that its being held at the Arena. I'd imagine thats your 2018 Mustang reveal....unless Ford is expected to unveil something completely new
Their press conference is always in Joe Lewis Arena. They always seem to need the room. 2015 for the Ford GT, Raptor and GT350R reveals all at once, 2016 for all the new Fusion models shown at the same time. This year will at least be 2018 Mustangs and F-150s but there's also a report today that they'll show off their near production ready new driverless technology in a Fusion which will be show both at CES and NAIAS.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
That will be nice to wake up on the 9th. I hope they have a solid gt model that will give the camaro 1le a run for its money, it's a long shot but I can dream. If they even have to charge as much as a 1le it's worth it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That will be nice to wake up on the 9th. I hope they have a solid gt model that will give the camaro 1le a run for its money, it's a long shot but I can dream. If they even have to charge as much as a 1le it's worth it.
The PP will be notably improved over the 15-17, and you'll have a host of other options to make it feature competitive. That said, it'll still be less track-focused than the 1LE and there will still be a base, non-PP offering to allow those who just want a V8 GT car, and aren't so concerned with having the highest performing car on paper.

The 1LE will sell very well with the HPDE/autocross enthusiast crowd only, but even many of them will be turned off because of its looks and daily usability. The Mustang GT will continue to sell to everyone who wants an affordable, sexy V8 coupe.

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
Can't wait for Jan 9, might wake up early that day so i see everything live. I'm in the PST time zone.

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The PP will be notably improved over the 15-17, and you'll have a host of other options to make it feature competitive. That said, it'll still be less track-focused than the 1LE and there will still be a base, non-PP offering to allow those who just want a V8 GT car, and aren't so concerned with having the highest performing car on paper.

The 1LE will sell very well with the HPDE/autocross enthusiast crowd only, but even many of them will be turned off because of its looks and daily usability. The Mustang GT will continue to sell to everyone who wants an affordable, sexy V8 coupe.
Any thoughts on what the "Performance Pack 2" might bring to the table?

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
regulations be damned
If you think about the 13-14 Shelby, cranking out 662 at the flywheel, consider that the blower consumed 75-100 more hp (at red line), we've already had a 700+ horsepower emissions equivalent Mustang, might as well get it all without the blower penalty.

Sponsored

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

So true, It annoys me that so many people make absolutes about a car based on it's quarter mile, lap time, hp numbers, etc. How is the car to use as a CAR? aka driving in traffic, ride quality, visibility, comfort, tech, etc etc., not as a track toy that it may be utilized as twice a year. I'm all for performance and lap times, but it's one piece of the puzzle, not the whole story

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Sounds like an all aluminum big bore direct injected coyote hybrid, if that's the case, I'm in. Lighter, smaller(shorter), more efficient and powerful than the V-10.
No way a coyote based anything can hit 7.0L. Its probably gonna be an evolution of the 6.2L. Probably equivalent to what the coyote was to the 4.6 or what the Voodoo is to the coyote. The fact they say lighter leads me to believe it may have an aluminum block. The 6.2L heads can already flow the air for +800HP with port work from only 2 valves. A 4 valve head would definitely get the job done. But then you may have to chop the deck down to fit DOHC into a Mustang. But SOHC 4v heads wouldn't be to bad. Then again who knows how big the S650 engine bay will be. All just fun speculation. 700HP N/A with a 8000RPM redline would be epic if the car doesn't weigh 2 flippin tons

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
[MENTION=6363]Topnotch[/MENTION],

The article about the experimental engine in the drag car was from 2007. Although still modular, that was undoubtably port injection. The new Windsor contract and that older 427 are not related.

The old article claims an oversquare design which would indeed include an all new block. Anything in the current stable with eight holes will not have the block for 4.25" bores. The new 427 for truck duty will be a stroker configuration.

Anyway that said, Trump and Ford were meeting quite a bit a couple months ago, if I were a betting man I'd bet trump will ease CAFE and ford already knows this. Hell even GM knows it with their new 6.2 DOHC that will scream.

Some big displacement NA coming down the pipe In a few years. I like.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Its either a spread bore coyote(doubtful), or a 4 valve 6.2 aluminized, poked and stroked to 7 with coyote style heads to take full advantage of independent variable cam timing and direct injection. I would love however to see a 10 cylinder coyote, bore center machinery already exists to pull it off, still not 7 litre capable even with 2 more cylinders. In any case I doubt its a clean sheet design.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
Sorry to be the spelling Nazi, but I can barely read each post as I flip out.:frusty: It's Joe Louis Arena. Home of the Detroit Red Wings and one of the most unsafe (lol) sports arenas anywhere. If you get a chance, check out the vertical ascent of the stairs.
Carry on now.:cheers:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.