Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
[MENTION=6363]Topnotch[/MENTION],

The article about the experimental engine in the drag car was from 2007. Although still modular, that was undoubtably port injection. The new Windsor contract and that older 427 are not related.

The old article claims an oversquare design which would indeed include an all new block. Anything in the current stable with eight holes will not have the block for 4.25" bores. The new 427 for truck duty will be a stroker configuration.

Anyway that said, Trump and Ford were meeting quite a bit a couple months ago, if I were a betting man I'd bet trump will ease CAFE and ford already knows this. Hell even GM knows it with their new 6.2 DOHC that will scream.

Some big displacement NA coming down the pipe In a few years. I like.
That motor is/was the Hurricane/Boss/6.2L testing before it came out and is in no way related to the modular motor or any other Ford motor before it. The new 7.0L may be an evolution of the 6.2L. The 6.2L has already been stroked and poked to 7.5/460. And you don't need 4.25 bores for an over square 427. 4.09 bore x 4.08 stroke = 7.0L. The 6.2L has a bore spacing of 4.53" which is plenty, especially if the cast a new and thicker block. Maybe even add a little extra deck height would be nice.
Sponsored

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looking at the NAIAS Press Schedule, Ford has an event scheduled at the Joe Lewis Arena Jan 9th 9:05am - 9:30am EST. While near the Cobo Center, interesting that its being held at the Arena. I'd imagine thats your 2018 Mustang reveal....unless Ford is expected to unveil something completely new
Ford has their NAIAS press conference in JLA ever year. It's connected to Cobo and gives them a lot more freedom to do something BIG than just being on their display. Plus, it gives a lot more people the chance to actually see what's going on...

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
Any thoughts on what the "Performance Pack 2" might bring to the table?
All I read, is the speculation that it will add the Magne-Ride stuff. :shrug:

I wonder, if the restriction of only being available with the manual will be lifted for 2018? This is with the hope that someone will bless the Schwinn 10 speed, as being performance oriented too.

Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
How will the magne suspension compare to the base and PP ride quality wise?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
That motor is/was the Hurricane/Boss/6.2L testing before it came out and is in no way related to the modular motor or any other Ford motor before it. The new 7.0L may be an evolution of the 6.2L. The 6.2L has already been stroked and poked to 7.5/460. And you don't need 4.25 bores for an over square 427. 4.09 bore x 4.08 stroke = 7.0L. The 6.2L has a bore spacing of 4.53" which is plenty, especially if the cast a new and thicker block. Maybe even add a little extra deck height would be nice.
Thanks for the info. I did some more research into the boss/hurricane engine and actually realized that's what the 6.2 is. I'm not very familiar with that family of engines.

It looks like they have amazing potential. If Ford does an aluminum block with the bore spray, design a voodoo inspired head for that block - at 427ci it will likely rock the automotive world.

Hell, i didn't even know 50 special edition raptors were produced 5 years ago with a 500hp boss 6.2. Nice.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Here's hoping to rear brembos that can be installed on the '15-'17 cars without much issue.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Over on the F-150 Raptor forum members are reviewing their brand new G2 trucks. One new feature they all seem to really hate is the automatic stop-start of the engine when the vehicle is stopped at lights. Ford would be mad to put this feature on the sporty Mustang, but I suspect they will do on the 2018 facelift with auto gearbox.

Progress.
Auto start/stop is usally a toggleable feature in the vehicle settings.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Auto start/stop is usally a toggleable feature in the vehicle settings.
Yea, but it's something that has to be turned off every time you get into the car. It's not permanently defeatable without some kind of calibration change.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Unless u get a tune which can permenently shut it off. I have the feature in my f150, I don't mind it most of the time, it could be polished to be more accurate, but it would be annoying in a sports car.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Yea, but it's something that has to be turned off every time you get into the car. It's not permanently defeatable without some kind of calibration change.
That's a design fail by Ford... almost every manufacturer who has this tech has a on and off. Manufacturers who didn't have the permanent on/off changed it quickly. Ex 7 years ago, f30 BMW 3 series first year it reset every start, took them less than a year to change that on future models and offer a software update for the current cars.

It is well known consumer preference is for it to be permanently defeatable, not sure where fords head is at... they get the EPA credit either way.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's a design fail by Ford... almost every manufacturer who has this tech has a on and off. Manufacturers who didn't have the permanent on/off changed it quickly. Ex 7 years ago, f30 BMW 3 series first year it reset every start, took them less than a year to change that on future models and offer a software update for the current cars.

It is well known consumer preference is for it to be permanently defeatable, not sure where fords head is at... they get the EPA credit either way.
Wrong. It has to be default on at all times to be part of the EPA fuel economy cycle. That is precisely why it's the way it is.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.