Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've never seen the Pony come out to play. I still keep looking, though :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The pony is already in the stamping..
I know.....but this goes one step further:

Essentially, a system of heat-emitting and heat-absorbing “thermal structures” would be placed on the inside of the hood and hooked into a controller, creating a “heat transmission structure for forming heat generated graphics through the use of moisture and precipitation in and around the vehicle.” Essentially, these contraptions would use heat to make a pattern or design on the hood (and possibly doors and other surfaces in the future), in this case, the Mustang’s iconic pony.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I know.....but this goes one step further:

Essentially, a system of heat-emitting and heat-absorbing “thermal structures” would be placed on the inside of the hood and hooked into a controller, creating a “heat transmission structure for forming heat generated graphics through the use of moisture and precipitation in and around the vehicle.” Essentially, these contraptions would use heat to make a pattern or design on the hood (and possibly doors and other surfaces in the future), in this case, the Mustang’s iconic pony.
So you would have to press the unlock on the fob then as the lights come on, so would the graphics. After seeing their efforts with the Puddle Light, over the years me thinks it could be a disaster and what would happen if like the Puddle Light the image went a bit wrong :frusty:

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Has anyone noticed that that illustration of the mustang is probably the 2018? Look at the headlights, turn signal, hood, and grille. That's probably it.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Has anyone noticed that that illustration of the mustang is probably the 2018? Look at the headlights, turn signal, hood, and grille. That's probably it.
Nah, it's been shown that the 2018s will have lower "fangs" similar to the GT350 that go the opposite direction, hood vents will most likely be removed (they're not on any of the test mules), and the headlights look straight out of a 2013 Fusion. I think it was just a rough sketch to get the idea across.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Nah, it's been shown that the 2018s will have lower "fangs" similar to the GT350 that go the opposite direction, hood vents will most likely be removed (they're not on any of the test mules), and the headlights look straight out of a 2013 Fusion. I think it was just a rough sketch to get the idea across.
I'd be willing to bet that this is almost the final version of the facelift staring right at us. The hood is nothing like the current model, the vents are like the S197 vents, the headlights have the same style DRL as we've seen in photos and the turn signal is that segmented LED that is shown in another mile photo. It has to be pretty close.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Yeah this does look like a 18MY. Great find!

Meanwhile, I'm digging the patents website to see if there's something else. Just found this. Not sure if it has been posted yet.
Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 7.31.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 7.31.44 AM.png

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I wonder what the final audio options will be !!!

Alw612

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion
I'd be willing to bet that this is almost the final version of the facelift staring right at us. The hood is nothing like the current model, the vents are like the S197 vents, the headlights have the same style DRL as we've seen in photos and the turn signal is that segmented LED that is shown in another mile photo. It has to be pretty close.
That is actually just one of the sketches/renderings from back in 2013 before the production version was revealed.

Here is the Car and Driver article about it, including a 360 view...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2015-ford-mustang-leaked-360-view-and-full-details-news

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
. After seeing their efforts with the Puddle Light, over the years me thinks it could be a disaster and what would happen if like the Puddle Light the image went a bit wrong :frusty:
I must say the puddle lights on my car are awesome. People are raving about it when they see my car. :ford:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Odd that Ford would use a version of an unofficial Car & Driver rendering for an official patent?!? :shrug:

Ford-Heat-Graphics2.png

2015-ford-mustang-artists-rendering-113-photo-548383-s-original.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah this does look like a 18MY. Great find!

Meanwhile, I'm digging the patents website to see if there's something else. Just found this. Not sure if it has been posted yet.

Nope....not seen this yet. IF Ford can get this to work well, it would be very cool.......but the '15-'17 puddle lamps haven't exactly been reliable so far. However, the static pony was also used on the '13-'14 and I don't recall hearing any problems about those ones.

An "active" pony would be cool :cool:

attachment.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.