Sponsored

2018 boost options

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
I'm looking for recommendations for turbo/blower kits for my 2018 GT A10 and shops to perform the install. It's a weekend car that will be used at half mile events and run on 93 octane only. Considering the new Whipple Gen5 and Hellion twins.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DkStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
procharger has a kit out now, i think that would suit the A10 perfect

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'd grab that Gen 5 Whipple. Simple setup that will probably make insane power with the Gen 3 Coyotes compression and A10

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I would wait a little and see what the different companies come up with before deciding. Since the fuel system is all new see who has a handle on it. I haven't even see a video, dyno sheet, track run or anything for a boosted 2018 yet. Besides beefcakes nitrous car if you wanna count that.

OP
OP
PTM5.0

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
I would wait a little and see what the different companies come up with before deciding. Since the fuel system is all new see who has a handle on it. I haven't even see a video, dyno sheet, track run or anything for a boosted 2018 yet. Besides beefcakes nitrous car if you wanna count that.
That's what I'm thinking also. I'd just like to get the car done for the first WannaGoFast event in Ocala in a couple months.

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
These should not have the same issues going FI as the Camaros did with only DI since the 2018 Mustangs use DI and port injection.

Tuners can still add fuel upgrades pretty easily to the port injection side.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That's what I'm thinking also. I'd just like to get the car done for the first WannaGoFast event in Ocala in a couple months.
I'll be there!

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We will have our official release and stocking status for the 2018 very soon.

The direct injection is not a problem.

We are super excited to push this new combo, and we will have dyno videos and results that we will post here.

Team Hellion

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I'll see you there!

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
We here at ProCharger love "DI" motors.... and I believe hold more records then any other power adder when it comes to DI motors.

Quickest and fastest C7 Corvette.
Quickest and fastest C7 Corvette Z06.
Quickest and fastest Camaro SS
Quickest and fastest DI GM Truck.

Thankfully the past 4 years of R&D we have been able to do with the GM DI motors lead to a great deal of confidence going into the Ford side of things for 2018.

I can already say as being an owner of a 2018 Mustang, (thats getting its blower kit this week) I am beyond excited about the performance results with Boost. :) Hence what prompted me to go out and buy one personally. :)

The 2018 will just add to the list of amazing, amazing Mustangs to drive with Boost no matter if that is daily driven to work.... or a weekend fun toy at the track.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
We plan to release ours in roughly 45-60 days, the stage 1 will include a full powertrain warranty 3/36,000, stage 2 and 3 are the higher power versions.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
We here at ProCharger love "DI" motors.... and I believe hold more records then any other power adder when it comes to DI motors.

Thankfully the past 4 years of R&D we have been able to do with the GM DI motors lead to a great deal of confidence going into the Ford side of things for 2018.

I can already say as being an owner of a 2018 Mustang, (thats getting its blower kit this week) I am beyond excited about the performance results with Boost. :) Hence what prompted me to go out and buy one personally. :)

The 2018 will just add to the list of amazing, amazing Mustangs to drive with Boost no matter if that is daily driven to work.... or a weekend fun toy at the track.
Big question .... Will my 2015 HO kit fit the 2018 ? If so I'm getting a 2018 soon ..:thumbsup:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
We plan to release ours in roughly 45-60 days, the stage 1 will include a full powertrain warranty 3/36,000, stage 2 and 3 are the higher power versions.
How much power should we expect from the stage 1 ?
I expect more than the comparable Roush kit with same warranty .
Really looking forward to seeing how the 18 does with FI .Especially if the GT 500 is going to be priced out of reach .
Might even be able to hold unto the GT 350(plus gen 3 Whipple ?) and add an 18 GT with the gen 5 to the stable ...and still be less than the cost of the new GT 500

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

I'm assuming it will have a CARB EO# at some point too?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Big question .... Will my 2015 HO kit fit the 2018 ? If so I'm getting a 2018 soon ..:thumbsup:
HO kit is a nearly a direct fit, since it uses the stock 6 rib and stock balancer. :)
A few changes here and there, but a guy like you can make it work. :)
Sponsored