2017 Mustang Order Guide

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Sad to see the Turn Signals removed, Im going with the 4/11 version as being the most reliable
Sponsored

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Gt has no bump in HP or weight difference? Camaro SS will be the performance king for another year. :(

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Gt has no bump in HP or weight difference? Camaro SS will be the performance king for another year. :(
Mustang is selling well...so Ford has no reason to do anything.

BUT that doesn't mean they shouldn't. To me it's just basically being lazy and sitting on the product for another year.

Too bad Chevy isn't even advertising their new Camaro or the rewards/acclaims it's gotten...they still have the '15 on their main site as the main banner on the Camaro site.

Refresh is a while away.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well, now there's two 2017 Mustang Order Guides posted; one dated 04/04/16 from FMC of Canada; one dated 04/11/16 from Ford Division. Content differs in the two. Which, if either, are authentic? And if authentic, why isn't this information known by other sources (e.g., Ford website, Ford dealers, major auto magazines, etc.)?
Both are authentic. Neither are likely without typos, etc.. Think of them as drafts.

Its no surprise they aren't available elsewhere (yet). They undoubtedly came from people who would be in hot water for making them public. Anonymous sources passing them to a 3rd party who posted.

Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
This site is always the first place to learn about anything 6th Gen mustang related. It's authentic.

On that note, it would have been nice if they made the new wheels in the black accent package look better, perhaps I need to see them from a different view but right now they just don't look good at all.
Pretty sure these are the wheels in the wild.
2016-04-11 14.46.43.jpg

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had a feeling it wouldn't be long until you ordered one! My GT/CS came in right before Easter.

Bob
Stopping by the dealership in a few hours to order mine. On the fence about the Black Accent Package. I don't want 19" wheels but like everything else. Wonder if I could sell the wheels easily???

GT Premium Convertible - Body Code: P8F
Equipment Group 400A
6-speed SelectShift Automatic Transmission: Option Code 443
Reverse Sensing System: Option Code 77R
3.55 Limited-Slip Rear-Axle: Option Code 455
18” Foundry Black Painted Machined-Aluminum Wheels: Option Code 641
Blue Lighting Metallic: Order Code N6
Ebony Leather-trimmed: Order Code 41

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
It's your choice, but looking at that build you're doing yourself a disservice not getting Premier Trim (68B). It should be standard IMO.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
For the price difference I'd expect the SS to be faster.
I'm a mustang fan.. but for the price difference. You get a stronger manual transmission, no wheel hop, and more hp and tq.

You put in the cost to add that hp, eliminate wheel hop, and then stronger transmission, the mustang would be right in the same price range of the camaro. Remember..parts and labor! Camaro comes with it installed already. :doh:

Bravo to chevy, just wish ford wouldn't sit idle. :shrug:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's your choice, but looking at that build you're doing yourself a disservice not getting Premier Trim (68B). It should be standard IMO.
Absolutely should not be standard. I wouldn't own one without it but people should have choices.

I'm for more individual options and fewer "bundles/standards".

Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it really worth the $395? Doesn't sound like you get much from the description? Ebony w/"Metal Gray" Stitch...you think that's the same as Ebony on the 16s?

The Premier Trim with Color Accent Group includes a charcoal black interior environment with color-accented seats, Unique door trim and aluminum I/P panel. Available on the Mustang GT Premium model.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I'm a mustang fan.. but for the price difference. You get a stronger manual transmission, no wheel hop, and more hp and tq.

You put in the cost to add that hp, eliminate wheel hop, and then stronger transmission, the mustang would be right in the same price range of the camaro. Remember..parts and labor! Camaro comes with it installed already. :doh:

Bravo to chevy, just wish ford wouldn't sit idle. :shrug:
I'm a Mopar guy so you want frustration with somebody sitting idle....Dodge has that in the bag. It goes in cycles, Chevy waited until the S550 was out before dropping the Camaro6, so when the 18 S550 comes out Chevy fans will have to wait at least two years before Chevy updates the Camaro to match or beat the S550. Other than the Scat Packs and the Hellcat, Dodge has left the 5.7 out to dry in the Challenger.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Is it really worth the $395? Doesn't sound like you get much from the description? Ebony w/"Metal Gray" Stitch...you think that's the same as Ebony on the 16s?

The Premier Trim with Color Accent Group includes a charcoal black interior environment with color-accented seats, Unique door trim and aluminum I/P panel. Available on the Mustang GT Premium model.
Yes, it's worth it. It is a very rare option to find on lots.

It includes the following:

• Different leather on seating surfaces with an additional third row of stitching
  • Soft touch upper door trim panel
  • Soft touch stitched dashboard
  • Unique mid-door trim panel with color-accented stitching

It's possible that I missed a couple little things, as I'm unsure if the shifter boot or e-brake boots are different.

Here are some threads to check out:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43234

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39771

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41369

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it's worth it. It is a very rare option to find on lots.

It includes the following:

• Different leather on seating surfaces with an additional third row of stitching
  • Soft touch upper door trim panel
  • Soft touch stitched dashboard
  • Unique mid-door trim panel with color-accented stitching

It's possible that I missed a couple little things, as I'm unsure if the shifter boot or e-brake boots are different.

Here are some threads to check out:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43234

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39771

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41369
Looks like you twisted my arm...adding it to the build ;)

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Pretty sure these are the wheels in the wild.
Thanks man those don't look too bad after all perhaps I just needed to see them on the car.
Sponsored