2017 Mustang Order Guide

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I liked the premier trim when I saw it in person. I think it's worth it. Adds a very nice touch to the interior.
Sponsored

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
Back seats do not match?

I would have got the premier trim if I had ordered my car.

My 2 Cents:

One thing I noticed though, correct me if I am wrong. With the premier trim, the front seats (with the "striped style" perforations) don't match the back seats.

Also, since I am a big fan of the cooled seats (after much sweaty butt in my 2013 with Recaros) , it would seam like "less Perforations" in the premier, would not have as good a volume of air flow.

I would enjoy the soft door sills, although my Acuras with the soft touch both ended up with impressions where I rested my elbows.

As for the hood vent blinkers, I just watched most of Barrett-Jackson coverage this past weekend and I can visualize the dude on the podium in the future saying " and 2016 Mustang was the only year for the throwback hood vent blinkers dramatically increasing the value of the car" LOLOL :)

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
rip

• Integrated turn signals deleted from the hood vents on the 2017 Mustang GT

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Absolutely should not be standard. I wouldn't own one without it but people should have choices.

I'm for more individual options and fewer "bundles/standards".
The soft touch top of the door pane partl should be standard across the board at this point in a 2017 model year vehicle.

Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
no more 051A V6 Fastbacks ...

Interesting:

No more 051A option for coupes.

No more hood signals on GTs (already mentioned)

Everyone gets the same (50 state) emissions systems.

Windows, Power – Front One-touch-Up/Down with Global
Open
(bold is new - refers to rear windows in vert?)
Phasing out the V6 probably and forcing more people in the EB. Wonder how many people optioned for a V6 with 51A over a base EB?
I kept track of dealer stock-ordered 2015 Mustangs within a 100 mile radius of my dealer and did the same for the 2016's.

V6 Fastbacks w/ 050A
2015 ... 23
2016 ... 8
vs.
V6 Fastbacks w/ 051A
2015 ... 27
2016 ... 20

2016 as of last Monday ... I'm sure my numbers are not 100% accurate, but real close.

So YES, I'd say the 051A option on the fastback V6 was popular (50% more so based on my numbers), at least ways in Wisconsin. If I ended up ordering a V6 instead of EB, I would have gotten it.

YES, I think Ford is also trying even harder to push buyers into the EB.

Doug

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
rip

• Integrated turn signals deleted from the hood vents on the 2017 Mustang GT
That's a bit shocking. I'd love to know why they made that change.

Sponsored

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
:ford:Aftermarket produced blinkers for the 15. Not surprised to see them go. One & done, with that item. I see 20'' Foundries with all season tires , now that change is interesting. Late option for summer tires with that 2 year old wheel. My 15 has them with summer rubber. My 2016 CS AS tires given. The new colors are sweet. Looks like 2018 will be the refresh year .................:headbang::cool:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Wheels

Looks like the 50th Wheels, but are they the Performance Pack 9 and 9.5, or the Appearance Package 8.5s?
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
That's a bit shocking. I'd love to know why they made that change.
Mark Fields.... money guy not a car guy. Bill Ford did a great commercial about a red mustang, tunes and a V8-all he needed. He was believable. Mark Fields ain't that guy. The public didn't go nuts for the blinkers...so if they can save $10 a car out they go....it becomes serious money.

A lot of folks are not aware of or understand Program Economics...that is the way Ford (and GM etc) budget and plan things- by program totality. If they can alter their paint process and reduce costs a mere $3 per car most on here would think "big deal - 3 bucks". But if your making a million cars/trucks per year then you just saved $3,000,000 - that becomes big bucks.

When they plan a new car (or truck)...such as the S550 they look at it as a 5-6-7 yr build. Figure 500,000 cars in total....find a way to save a mere $10 (and boy do they look hard) per Mustang and you have saved--or "made" $5,000,000 for Ford.

Manufacturers are famous for "decontenting"...add jazzy items during the initial years to get market attention then slowly remove them to save $$.

I held off on a 16-couldn't find the color (Race Red CS Coupe auto for a daily driver) on a lot to my build specs and thought I'd wait until 17 to Order after giving up on a GT350 here in Cali (ADM just more than I will swallow vs utility of the car to me)...now I'm a bit pissed (at Ford and myself). Although stupid...I liked the blinkers-recall seeing the originals as a kid.