Sponsored

2017 GT350 Pics...Surprises....

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
I personally like the 15/16 door sill more myself as the styling is more reminiscent of the original VIN plate.

018big.jpg
Sponsored

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Ahh yes.. SVT.. with such machines as the Contour SVT, the rowdy SVT focus, the Lightning - 5.4 supercharged powerhouse that if prompted would spill it's guts making whp similar to what a modified 2.3l ecoboost can on stock internals.
Contour SVT was actually well reviewed in the press. Never moved many units though because the Contour was too small for Americans.

SVT Focus was fairly well received too, but back then the Focus wasn't as well known of a badge. Not blistering HP but supposedly competent on a road course.

The 1999-04 Lightnings were simply badass. My '04 ran a 13.1 1/4 mile bone stock. With competent tuning you were in the low 12's or better pretty easily.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Perhaps they were "asked" to change the logos?

Sponsored

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Not that it matters much, but two extra speakers ain't gonna fix the sound system shortcomings, especially if the quality of the two new ones are anything like the 2016's.
:shrug::help:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not that it matters much, but two extra speakers ain't gonna fix the sound system shortcomings, especially if the quality of the two new ones are anything like the 2016's.
Hoping they upgraded the existing ones in addition to adding the new set.

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
Any ideas what they did change in the sound system? Is there a subwoofer now? I need to order a trunk mat. Ford site didn't mention anything so I figure it's not the Shaker system upgrade.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Im going to install an "SVT" door sill in my GT350R. SVT reminds of the good 'ol days - you know, before Ford was shoving V6 EcoBoost down our throats. I love the GT350R, but Im not really happy with anything else that Ford is doing, performance or not.

V6 Ford GT supercar? check.

Full Size, next-gen Raptor? V6. Check.

No V8 in the Expedition? Check.

Feminize the new Ford Explorer, remove the V8 and all off-road prowess and make it look like a minivan? Check.

Plan to make Lincoln look like a cheap rental car compared to it's main competitor, Cadillac? Big Check

Refuse to offer a full-size flagship sedan to compete with the CT6 or Charger? check.

Refuse to give the only close-to-full-size car (Taurus) any love or refinement? Check.

Let GM build a LT4-powered CTS-V, a 6.2L Escalade that weighs 5,900 lbs and gets better MPG and performance out of it's Vortec 6.2L V8 then the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 does in the lighter F-150? check.

Let Chrysler and GM flood the market with the one thing that Americans want: full-size cars with V8's with plenty of room and luxury - and not even address this need? CHECK
Wow. That's a long grocery list with several items on it I did not realize! Holy Crap Fordman.:bolt:

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Another nice touch would be illuminated rocker plate with "Shelby GT350"
As an available option that would be cool but I doubt FP would do that... other brands do this especially those that have long list of a-la-carte items to optionalize or personalize but Ford doesn't really do this. Not yet at least.

Here's an example on my other ride... not a cheap option but it'll look good though, a nice touch as you said.

Aluminum door-sill w/ illuminated model designation:
27116079523_b9109860e6_c.jpg

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Ahh yes.. SVT.. with such machines as the Contour SVT, the rowdy SVT focus, the Lightning - 5.4 supercharged powerhouse that if prompted would spill it's guts making whp similar to what a modified 2.3l ecoboost can on stock internals. I think you're looking through rose colored glasses and have some type of gripe with Ford.. not sure why you're purchasing the R if you contain so much hatred for the brand. I'm certain there is someone out there looking for one, I'd leave the cheesy upgraded door sill logo off to protect the resale value. What I see Ford doing is outselling GM this year for the first time in 5 years back in March. The Ford GT has way more buyers than it will produce units to satisfy, being a former Raptor 6.2l owner I would absolutely welcome the new ecoboost, the 6.2 wasn't impressive in any way and left a lot to be desired in the 12.6mpg I got on average and most of that was highway driving @ 70mph. I personally think Ford is on quite a roll and most of the industry agrees.
3.5l ecoboost is not exactly a motor they should drop into everything. lots of stutters and complaints on the truck side, and mileage, forget about it. I think there is some merit to what GM has done with their v8s.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
A few LEDs and tiney wire doesnt add but an ounce. Glad its lit up instead of none.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
As an available option that would be cool but I doubt FP would do that... other brands do this especially those that have long list of a-la-carte items to optionalize or personalize but Ford doesn't really do this. Not yet at least.

Here's an example on my other ride... not a cheap option but it'll look good though, a nice touch as you said.

That is definitely a quality job. Looks high dollar - ALA Porsche.
Sponsored