Sponsored

2017 GT350 Pics...Surprises....

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I guess I would have to know what was removed, because nothing jumps out and screams must have. I am just the type to leave a limited edition stock unless it is something that HAS to be changed.
Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Agreed, definitely swapping that fugley plate out. Its a small price to pay for a transmission cooler on the "tech pack" LOL . Much easier fix.
Will we still be able to source the 15/16 sill plates? I agree these new ones look cheap

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Will we still be able to source the 15/16 sill plates? I agree these new ones look cheap
I sure hope so, prolly now is a good time to start looking around for them. Should be an OEM replacement from ford like other parts for the car.

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
The sill plates are a place where someone with a CNC machine and some 3m tape could clean up. With some Shelby or GT350R logos.

Sponsored

911-AL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R and other interesting BMWs and Porsches
Also two thumbs down here for both logo changes. They look cheaper.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Id like to see the door sill Illuminated and agree, soft rollover is nice. R's dont get that treatment is what i've heard.
Im excited with the change. Nice that all our cars are a bit more unique

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Can't rule out that the MY2017's FP door sill plate would just be an extra cost accessory/optional item.... so who knows, too early to be 100% certain.

Heck other manufacturers do it... so why not FP? We'll all see sooner or later.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Looks like it may possibly be a lighted door sill as well. Seeing as that car is a convenience package car (the power seat button), it could be a little something in that package that just wasn't noted anywhere. I personally like lighted sill plates so I don't mind it.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Nah, I meant autodrive... Maybe Google can work with Ford to make a GT350 that will drive around Laguna Seca on its own.

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Im going to install an "SVT" door sill in my GT350R. SVT reminds of the good 'ol days - you know, before Ford was shoving V6 EcoBoost down our throats. I love the GT350R, but Im not really happy with anything else that Ford is doing, performance or not.

V6 Ford GT supercar? check.

Full Size, next-gen Raptor? V6. Check.

No V8 in the Expedition? Check.

Feminize the new Ford Explorer, remove the V8 and all off-road prowess and make it look like a minivan? Check.

Plan to make Lincoln look like a cheap rental car compared to it's main competitor, Cadillac? Big Check

Refuse to offer a full-size flagship sedan to compete with the CT6 or Charger? check.

Refuse to give the only close-to-full-size car (Taurus) any love or refinement? Check.

Let GM build a LT4-powered CTS-V, a 6.2L Escalade that weighs 5,900 lbs and gets better MPG and performance out of it's Vortec 6.2L V8 then the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 does in the lighter F-150? check.

Let Chrysler and GM flood the market with the one thing that Americans want: full-size cars with V8's with plenty of room and luxury - and not even address this need? CHECK
Build unique and game changing cars (Fiesta ST, Focus ST/RS, GT350 + R & Raptor) and compete strongly with the **global** marketplace, check.

Not take bail out money, double check.

I personally am excited to see what the EcoBoost motors will do - especially in the halo car, the new GT. Also if the new Raptor has the same power if not more than the first gen - and better fuel economy - whats not to like? The exhaust note?

Nbaudoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium White - Black Accent
Yea when I was at the dealership with my friend, he was talking to a salesman about the new raptors, and I mentioned it's a V6 now.... the salesman said, "They wouldn't do that"