MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Congrats onthe new car. Now if you really want to have some fun. Stall that puppy.
One of the few mods for me on the short list. Haven't DD a stalled car so a little apprehensive.
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I went with the auto as well. I really like it, it's a very strong transmission and works well from my experience. I daily drive mine in the city so I wanted an auto. The only downside is you can't get the Performance Pack, however I installed GT350R springs and Koni Shocks/Struts which are much better than the standard Performance Pack suspension. I also have a Gt350 strut tower brace on the way, and plan to buy the Brembo brakes eventually, but the 14" GT brakes work amazing as-is on the street. The GT350R springs, shocks, and strut tower brace run about $1200 or so for the package, and you can pick up the 50th Anniversary Brembo's for like $850 I believe. So for about $2k you have an auto that will handle and stop with the best of them. I'd also suggest the BMR cb005 lockout, it stops wheel hop and runs about $200.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for you auto guys, when accelerating hard while driving (say passing) do you always downshift with the paddle or left the car do the shifting? If so does it make much difference in acceleration? I haven't had much time on the paddle shifters yet.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Thanks man, doesn't thst void warranty?
Just about any performance mod is a warranty killer. If the dealer you bought the car from wants to push the issue. As far as a good converter? Look into Circle D. I love mine.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Question for you auto guys, when accelerating hard while driving (say passing) do you always downshift with the paddle or left the car do the shifting? If so does it make much difference in acceleration? I haven't had much time on the paddle shifters yet.
Just put your foot down.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
let me tell you when you get a tune which includes shift points and shift pressure its pretty fun. A circle d converter is the way to go regardless of mods or not!

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base Auto
Let the auto do it for you.

OP
OP

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Will you damage the engine if you put it in sports without using paddle shifters?

Sponsored

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
Will you damage the engine if you put it in sports without using paddle shifters?
It will never damage your engine, the transmission has so many parameters to not just protect the engine but the transmission itself. You can't even rev drop if you tried :headbonk:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
If you want to keep your warranty and want to wake car up, from my personal experience take a look at the Ford Performance Power Pack 2.

I had that on my car for a while before going supercharged, and it really made a great improvement to shifting response and more power across the whole rev range.

Enjoy the new car!

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to keep your warranty and want to wake car up, from my personal experience take a look at the Ford Performance Power Pack 2.

I had that on my car for a while before going supercharged, and it really made a great improvement to shifting response and more power across the whole rev range.

Enjoy the new car!
I've thought about that but it drops your powertrain warranty from 5 years down to 3.
Sponsored