Sponsored

2017 Automatic Premium GT 3.55 vs 2017 Premium PP

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
See that smiley face OP put down as the icon for his message? The one that looks like this --> :)

That's OP's face as he sits back in his lawnchair and watches as this thread burns down...
LOL it is a trap thread 10/10
Sponsored

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
If you want to keep your warranty and want to wake car up, from my personal experience take a look at the Ford Performance Power Pack 2.

I had that on my car for a while before going supercharged, and it really made a great improvement to shifting response and more power across the whole rev range.

Enjoy the new car!
I've also heard that while it's a great performance boost plus some mpg gains, there are some issues with rev hanging but does it affect autos?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haywood
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PREM RR A6 3.55
Get a strut tower brace and steeda rear subframe braces as well. Makes the car feel totally different. The handling and sharpness in steering is very noticeable.
THIS

+ get the Steeda 4 point K brace and the Performance pack brace/ plastic tray with oil filter flap.

When I first go the car with no additional bracing, I took the inner lane of the Washington Beltway at speed like I used to do with old Accord sedan. The handling up front was "rubbery" and disappointing. With the strut tower brace, Steeda 4 point k frame brace, jack rails and rear subframe connectors it is like a whole new car and it handles bumps and pot holes better.

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The Ford auto 6 speed will often hunt and peck gears at 'around town' speeds and drive you NUTS per 2 friends who own them EXCEPT if you get the 3.55 rearend...that puts the engine up a few hundred rpm and the tranny cooperates and seems to stay in 1 gear a little easier when driving around town (25-45), makes for a much nicer ride.
I've never noticed that with my 3.15 geared auto. Mine seems reluctant to downshift unless I get aggressive with the throttle. It's a very well mannered auto v/s my wife's 6 speed Escape. That thing will wear your ass out going through the ratios.

Congrats on the new car! I'd love to have a friendly run with a stock 3.55 geared car to see what the difference is in the real world.

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I've never noticed that with my 3.15 geared auto. Mine seems reluctant to downshift unless I get aggressive with the throttle. It's a very well mannered auto v/s my wife's 6 speed Escape. That thing will wear your ass out going through the ratios.

Congrats on the new car! I'd love to have a friendly run with a stock 3.55 geared car to see what the difference is in the real world.
I agree.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Get a strut tower brace and steeda rear subframe braces as well. Makes the car feel totally different. The handling and sharpness in steering is very noticeable.
Totally agree with this. I had the upper firewall K brace already due to the 20" rim package and just installed a GT350 strut tower brace. The car will turn in and hold a corner harder now and feels more stable even going over regular bumps. I had the car for over a year without it so I can say for sure it makes a noticable difference and isn't just a placebo.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
auto vs pp car mother of god.....

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
congrats! Auto is probably quicker in the straights.
Not sure how you'd match Performace Pack's handling without upgrading the tires.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Which don't mean shit to anyone outside the track.
Just like the track pack the guy was suggesting as a PP replacement.

For good track car you need the PP AND Track Pack or aftermarket equivalent. And it's far more cost effective to add the Track Pack stuff latter than it is to cheap out up front, and have to add the PP stuff later.

If you never drive on track, and don't like manuals, go ahead and get the Automatic and base suspension. It will likely feel as fast or faster on the street, and likely is a bit faster on the drag strip.
Sponsored