OP
StangATX

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Yea I know what you mean. I'll take my time and double check everything before to fire up lol. Just a quick update that I have to pause my Build for 2 weeks due to my parent coming to visit me from France. However you see on my Instagram that I already started to weld some pipes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm back guys! Sorry for taking so long. I didn't give up the project! Today I went to Home depot buying some hardware :D I got nuts & bolts for $1 The cashier was confused lol. I also got some piping. I will get some more during the week and post some pictures! Also, I installed a dashcam Thinkware F750. Why?:ninja: I got pulled over for supposedly speeding at 89 instead of 55 and he wrote me up at 85. I was literally in traffic driving slowly. Sure traffic wasn't 55 but probably round 60-65mph which I was next to a white truck with a car in front of me (I have no idea how I reached that speed in such short time :shrug:). An officer pulled me over I kinda freaked out and since I decided to have a dashcam :D It's my 1st ticket and it hurt my wallet :frusty:

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm back guys! Sorry for taking so long. I didn't give up the project! Today I went to Home depot buying some hardware :D I got nuts & bolts for $1 The cashier was confused lol. I also got some piping. I will get some more during the week and post some pictures! Also, I installed a dashcam Thinkware F750. Why?:ninja: I got pulled over for supposedly speeding at 89 instead of 55 and he wrote me up at 85. I was literally in traffic driving slowly. Sure traffic wasn't 55 but probably round 60-65mph which I was next to a white truck with a car in front of me (I have no idea how I reached that speed in such short time :shrug:). An officer pulled me over I kinda freaked out and since I decided to have a dashcam :D It's my 1st ticket and it hurt my wallet :frusty:
Either fight it or take traffic school, if you think the ticket itself hurts your wallet the insurance hike will put your wallet in a coma :lol:

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Either fight it or take traffic school, if you think the ticket itself hurts your wallet the insurance hike will put your wallet in a coma :lol:
I'm gonna take Traffic school lol. I know I heard about insurance. What I mean by hurting my wallet is that when I was in France tickets were very cheap :D Now I understand why people here aren't as bad drivers as France :lol:If they would've done that over there trust me a lot of people would've ride a bike. I could've put those $300 into the turbo build...

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone! The turbo is finally mounted!! However I'm still waiting on some other parts for the oil lines etc... Here's a tricky picture! Try to guess where the turbo is mounted... (Most of y'all probably won't know it but I will post the "clear" picture of where the turbo is mounted:D).

DSC_0054.jpg

Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hey everyone! The turbo is finally mounted!! However I'm still waiting on some other parts for the oil lines etc... Here's a tricky picture! Try to guess where the turbo is mounted... (Most of y'all probably won't know it but I will post the "clear" picture of where the turbo is mounted:D).

DSC_0054.jpg
Under the car lol can't wait to see it running man!

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I'm guessing somewhere near or under/in the intake box!

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing somewhere near or under/in the intake box!
nope but it is definitely under the car... let's move a little bit backwards :)

Under the car lol can't wait to see it running man!

Free actually guessed where it was...

Here's the pictures guys! the turbo will be rear mounted :gossip:

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

Here's a short video of it running:

[ame]

Last edited:

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
subbed!!!!! im so excited and its not even my car!

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Very nice and unique!!!! Now you have me interested in doing one myself after reading up on rear mounted turbos! Eliminates the need for an intercooler because of drastically reduced turbo temperatures and the intake piping back up to the front of the engine. That piping helps cool the air as well. On top of all of this it seems that rear mounted turbos are more efficient due to denser exhaust gases! Very interesting!

Forgive me if it has already been answered, but how do you plan on tackling the tuning? What (if anything) have you done to the MAP sensor since I don't believe the stock sensor can handle boost applications?

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice and unique!!!! Now you have me interested in doing one myself after reading up on rear mounted turbos! Eliminates the need for an intercooler because of drastically reduced turbo temperatures and the intake piping back up to the front of the engine. That piping helps cool the air as well. On top of all of this it seems that rear mounted turbos are more efficient due to denser exhaust gases! Very interesting!

Forgive me if it has already been answered, but how do you plan on tackling the tuning? What (if anything) have you done to the MAP sensor since I don't believe the stock sensor can handle boost applications?
Well technically you'll need a intercooler if you go over 8PSI. For now I won't use one but later on I'll need one because I want to push at 12PSI. For the rest of my application I'll use a custom tune and the MAF sensor I'm still looking at it. I believe it can handle boost but not 8PSI. I'll double check on that. Also, for that kind of setup you will see that it also has it's pros and cons. (You still need to run the oil lines... I was going to run the oil lines to the car with a sandwich adapter that goes on the oil filter and I've read that we could use the oil drain plug even though some people say no... However in my application I will run a separate oil system. Like I said if everything goes right with my setup I'll do my best to help people that would want to reproduce it. I can weld pieces for them and ship them out. I'm trying to do as easy as possible and make it easy to put back to stock if needed). Now, my biggest challenge is to use the factory mounting points that are on the car. I don't like to cut or make holes on my cars. Mostly when it's new :headbonk: Also, you'll see that people talk about more turbo-lag when it's rear mounted... If it's mounted properly you'll never feel the lag. This setup would be the same as if it was in the engine bay! I or if someone could help me make an easy setup like that and affordable for everyone I'm sure we would see more boosted V6 Stangs. What motivated me doing a rear mount turbo was that it is cheaper than a procharger by a lot of money, and because it is easier for me to install. However I havent seen or heard of any other S550 V6 rear mount turbo's yet. Could I be the World's 1st S550 rear mount turbo V6? lol.... :first: haha...Hopefully:ninja: :headbang:
Sponsored