StangATX

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Quick update:

I finally found a tuner that can tune our V6! I looked everywhere around except near me...:doh: This shop is 15 minutes away from my house and I pass in front of them everyday on my way to work. They tune Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari,... They have a guy they call the Mustang freak :D Well Just need to wait on Ford to give me back my car back and my welder is suppose to arrive today. The turbo is on it's way as well!!!:amen:
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welder received guys!!! :headbang:

16%2B-%2B1.jpg

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
You're actually doing it! This is pretty exciting! I guess I'm used to people starting turbo threads and never actually doing anything.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're actually doing it! This is pretty exciting! I guess I'm used to people starting turbo threads and never actually doing anything.
Of course I'm doing it lol:headbang: Unfortunately I have to wait till Thursday because they shipped me the wrong turbo. SMH...

Capture.png

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another part ordered yesterday and it's coming tomorrow!!!

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
i just thought i would offer my advice on this build. couple things here.

you will need bigger injectors on the build. no way around it.

this going to REQUIRE a tune to even start up. there is simply no way around it.

i saw you mentioned about you finding someone local and i urge you to investigate this some. these are even though a V6 are NOT simple in the slightest bit. i have spend 12 years tuning exclusively late model mustangs and the new tricore processors are in a league of their own. i suggest you make SURE they know what they are doing or find someone to remote tune the can that can. we have customers every day that are dealing with these issues. get yourself a hand held programmer like one of our i2s or tinitys and then get a custom tune made for the car. either way its a cool project and let me know if you need any help. we did a lot or work with procharger and developing their tune for the v6 so this should be about the same. good luck :)

Last edited:

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Umms550 v6 does not have a maf...and i believe he said he already ordered larger injectors.

Our cars have a map sensor in the untake manifold. No maf

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just thought i would offer my advice on this build. couple things here.

you will need bigger injectors on the build. no way around it.

you are going to have to relocate the MAF into the intake piping after the BOV somewhere

both of these things are going to REQUIRE a tune to even start up. there is simply no way around it.

i saw you mentioned about you finding someone local and i urge you to investigate this some. these are even though a V6 are NOT simple in the slightest bit. i have spend 12 years tuning exclusively late model mustangs and the new tricore processors are in a league of their own. i suggest you make SURE they know what they are doing or find someone to remote tune the can that can. we have customers every day that are dealing with these issues. get yourself a hand held programmer like one of our i2s or tinitys and then get a custom tune made for the car. either way its a cool project and let me know if you need any help. we did a lot or work with procharger and developing their tune for the v6 so this should be about the same. good luck :)
Thanks for your advice! The shop I'm going to seems to have a pretty good reputation. They have a guy that is specialize for Mustang. I will keep y'all updated and thanks for your help! For the injectors the shop told me that as long as I run 5PSI for now I should be fine. They stated that if I needed to go over 5PSI then I'll need to swap my injectors. So, for right now I will just use a boost controller I guess because my wastegate is set at 8PSI and I don't want to change my spring.:D

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Umms550 v6 does not have a maf...and i believe he said he already ordered larger injectors.

Our cars have a map sensor in the untake manifold. No maf

correct i appologize i was multitasking here and was thinking of the GT. yes they are speed density as well as the 15+ 5.0 f150 ;)

sorry about that..

my point was it needs a tune no matter what

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your advice! The shop I'm going to seems to have a pretty good reputation. They have a guy that is specialize for Mustang. I will keep y'all updated and thanks for your help! For the injectors the shop told me that as long as I run 5PSI for now I should be fine. They stated that if I needed to go over 5PSI then I'll need to swap my injectors. So, for right now I will just use a boost controller I guess because my wastegate is set at 8PSI and I don't want to change my spring.:D

you cannot use a boost controller to lower the boost below the mechanical spring setting only raise it. you are going to have to change the spring.

Sponsored
OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you cannot use a boost controller to lower the boost below the mechanical spring setting only raise it. you are going to have to change the spring.
I'll figure something out ;) Thanks for your input though!:cheers:

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no problem!!!

:D

i cant lie. if i had your car i would be doing the same exact thing. :)

Haha I guess you're one of those crazy person like me :ninja::D

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha I guess you're one of those crazy person like me :ninja::D

you talking to guy that turbo charged a geo metro 3 cly in collage simply cause i could....its a sickness really. :cheers:

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you talking to guy that turbo charged a geo metro 3 cly in collage simply cause i could....its a sickness really. :cheers:
:lol::cheers: Welcome to my club. Did the same on a Ford Racing Puma imported from UK. I ended up wrecking it into a wall because I didn't upgrade the brakes correctly. :crazy:
Sponsored