2016 V6 Mustang [Turbo Project]

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ohhh man I haven't been this excited for anyones build on here haha best of luck bro.
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Ummmm..i hope you had oil running to your turbo..or you probably just caused some serious wear...

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Ummmm..i hope you had oil running to your turbo..or you probably just caused some serious wear...
The turbo had a little bit of oil and I put back the plug to keep the oil while I was doing this short video. No worry :thumbsup: It's not like I was actually driving it and pushing hard on it either lol

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Well....atleast it had some oil in it. Cant wait to see you finish this up. Should be freakin awesome! Pave the way for other remote turbo installs on 3.7s...

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
In the past STS turbos use the rear exhaust turbo. They closed up some time ago and was re-open under a new name. Maybe give them a call. They were the experts in that kind of setup.

Sponsored

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
That is just freaking awesome! I can't wait see dyno and 1/4 mile results.

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
That is just freaking awesome! I can't wait see dyno and 1/4 mile results.
I noticed you went from a 15 v6 to a 16 gt..how much money did you owe in the trade in?

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
I noticed you went from a 15 v6 to a 16 gt..how much money did you owe in the trade in?
Unfortunately, I got T-boned into driver side and insurance declared my V6 a total loss. So that's how I got into GT.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Got a gt now....traitor! Lol. Glad your ok...bummer about your car. Just dont tell me you got lightning blue...caise then id be really jelly lol

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
Got a gt now....traitor! Lol.
I just couldn't help it man, I had two V6s so it was time for the GT.

Just dont tell me you got lightning blue...caise then id be really jelly lol
Nope, I like me cars white :)

Sorry for the thread hijacking...

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Let us know what she runs when you yake her to the track...

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I'm waiting for parts and the tune to come up. I took off the resonator (again :D) and I got my oil feed lines today. I'm still waiting on the return lines and scavenge pump. I'm also looking around for little tank to put the oil (maybe half a gallon) that will fit under the car...

IMG_20160811_115821.jpg

IMG_20160812_193009.jpg

IMG_20160812_193040.jpg

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey y'all here's a quick update. I haven't quit the project lol! The weather was pretty bad for me to work on the car. There has been a lot of rain when I'm off. Anyways... I'm almost done with the parts but I have to bring my car to Ford tomorrow for my transmission issue that started again and even worse... I told them that this time I don't wanna wait 2 weeks to just get a 30 minutes ECU reset. I told them that this time I want them to tear down my transmission and to fix the damn problem.

Basically here's the issue:

The car has hard time passing shift from 3rd - 4th and 5th - 6th. While the car is revving by itself the gas pedal doesn't respond. When the shift finally passes the car kicks pretty bad. At 1st I thought it was my 93 tune I just got for the car... I decided to flash it back to stock and somehow the problem was gone. Then, I decided to flash my 93 tune again and the problem didn't come back... This is really strange! I just can't drive around anymore. Below you'll find a video of what I'm talking about...

[ame]

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Hey y'all here's a quick update. I haven't quit the project lol! The weather was pretty bad for me to work on the car. There has been a lot of rain when I'm off. Anyways... I'm almost done with the parts but I have to bring my car to Ford tomorrow for my transmission issue that started again and even worse... I told them that this time I don't wanna wait 2 weeks to just get a 30 minutes ECU reset. I told them that this time I want them to tear down my transmission and to fix the damn problem.

Basically here's the issue:

The car has hard time passing shift from 3rd - 4th and 5th - 6th. While the car is revving by itself the gas pedal doesn't respond. When the shift finally passes the car kicks pretty bad. At 1st I thought it was my 93 tune I just got for the car... I decided to flash it back to stock and somehow the problem was gone. Then, I decided to flash my 93 tune again and the problem didn't come back... This is really strange! I just can't drive around anymore. Below you'll find a video of what I'm talking about...

stang, was this you posting on the diablo forum? lol i just no put 2 and 2 togehter. let me know what they say about the trans. after the fix you up i'll get you a revision. how long before you think you will be boosted?

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang, was this you posting on the diablo forum? lol i just no put 2 and 2 togehter. let me know what they say about the trans. after the fix you up i'll get you a revision. how long before you think you will be boosted?
Haha yes it is me :D I will know today when I'll drop off the car. As soon as I get it fixed and the weather is good I'm gonna finish it. It should take me about a day or 2 to finish the setup. Thanks for your help by the way!:cheers:
Sponsored