Sponsored

2016 V6 Mustang [Turbo Project]

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
I wouldnt drive it on stock injectors unless you stayed out of boost all the way. Your gunna need bigger ones...or theres a good chance youll cook a piston.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I wouldnt drive it on stock injectors unless you stayed out of boost all the way. Your gunna need bigger ones...or theres a good chance youll cook a piston.
I'll check that out then. I will talk with my local tuner and see what he recommends. Also, I was thinking (Probably dumb question:headbonk:) Can I put the GT injectors on the V6?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
When it comes to boost...theres a couple things you cant get cheap on...injectors is one if you want a setup that is reliable and wont cause harm to the motor...and..youll be able to make alot more power with the proper sized injectors as youll be able to run more boost.....as long as the fuel pump can handle it

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When it comes to boost...theres a couple things you cant get cheap on...injectors is one if you want a setup that is reliable and wont cause harm to the motor...and..youll be able to make alot more power with the proper sized injectors as youll be able to run more boost.....as long as the fuel pump can handle it
I understand that and I found some for $400. However I was just wondering if I could use the GT one on my V6 and if they were bigger obviously...

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Ima comment just to stay subbed to this, can't wait to see it when it's competed!

Sponsored

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
I understand that and I found some for $400. However I was just wondering if I could use the GT one on my V6 and if they were bigger obviously...
I dont think the stock GT fuel injectors will be big enough still. I do believe the GT and V6 use the same style injectors. So saying that, you can buy injectors for a GT model and use them for a V6 with 2 injectors left over.

The basic formula for calculating the correct size fuel injector for your Mustang is: Injector Flow Rate (lb/hr) = (Engine HP) x (BSFC) / (Number of Injectors) x (Injector Duty Cycle)

For naturally aspirated engines, estimate the BSFC to be 0.4 to 0.5
For nitrous engines, estimate the BSFC to be 0.5 to 0.6
For forced induction, estimate the BSFC to be 0.6 to 0.7

Generally a safe assumption to use an Injector Duty Cycle of .85. This was taken from American Muscle and can be seen here:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/is-your-mustang-starving-for-fuel--79-13-.html

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ima comment just to stay subbed to this, can't wait to see it when it's competed!
Hope you'll enjoy the build! I will try to make it as easy as possible as I stated earlier on my thread. If I can I'll help to build parts/piping if some of you guys are interested in after I'm done with my project :cheers:

I dont think the stock GT fuel injectors will be big enough still. I do believe the GT and V6 use the same style injectors. So saying that, you can buy injectors for a GT model and use them for a V6 with 2 injectors left over.

The basic formula for calculating the correct size fuel injector for your Mustang is: Injector Flow Rate (lb/hr) = (Engine HP) x (BSFC) / (Number of Injectors) x (Injector Duty Cycle)

For naturally aspirated engines, estimate the BSFC to be 0.4 to 0.5
For nitrous engines, estimate the BSFC to be 0.5 to 0.6
For forced induction, estimate the BSFC to be 0.6 to 0.7

Generally a safe assumption to use an Injector Duty Cycle of .85. This was taken from American Muscle and can be seen here:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/is-your-mustang-starving-for-fuel--79-13-.html
Alrighty, Thanks for the tip. I will check for the GT injectors (I don't mind having 2 left over :D). I might go with it for the beginning if possible and later on I will upgrade my injectors. However like my tuner said I could run 5PSI on my stock injectors. He also said I could on 8PSI but not recommended and that's where I'll need to change my injectors If I go 8PSI + :p

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Hope you'll enjoy the build! I will try to make it as easy as possible as I stated earlier on my thread. If I can I'll help to build parts/piping if some of you guys are interested in after I'm done with my project :cheers:

Alrighty, Thanks for the tip. I will check for the GT injectors (I don't mind having 2 left over :D). I might go with it for the beginning if possible and later on I will upgrade my injectors. However like my tuner said I could run 5PSI on my stock injectors. He also said I could on 8PSI but not recommended and that's where I'll need to change my injectors If I go 8PSI + :p

im pretty sure the GT injectors and the v6 injectors are the same size. you have to think about it that the v8 makes more power but has two extra injectors. its about how much power per cyl. you don't have to buy 8 from anyone in particular. plenty of places will sell you 6. i HIGHLY recommend injector dynamics or deatchworks. of you could also call procharger and get a set of the injecotrs they send out with their procharger kits. (pretty sure those are 52# injecotrs if i remember right):D

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Whatever you weld up for piping I would try and jig it so you can easily replicate. That's going to be the toughest part for people wanting to replicate the kit I think is either access to a good welder or being able to weld themselves.

That was always my issue when building custom kits for miatas at least. That dang downpipe and the crazy bends.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
im pretty sure the GT injectors and the v6 injectors are the same size. you have to think about it that the v8 makes more power but has two extra injectors. its about how much power per cyl. you don't have to buy 8 from anyone in particular. plenty of places will sell you 6. i HIGHLY recommend injector dynamics or deatchworks. of you could also call procharger and get a set of the injecotrs they send out with their procharger kits. (pretty sure those are 52# injecotrs if i remember right):D
That's kind of what I was thinking for the GT afterwards. However the idea to contact procharger is a pretty good idea I didn't think about it. Thanks for bringing it up!

Whatever you weld up for piping I would try and jig it so you can easily replicate. That's going to be the toughest part for people wanting to replicate the kit I think is either access to a good welder or being able to weld themselves.

That was always my issue when building custom kits for miatas at least. That dang downpipe and the crazy bends.

I know what you mean lol. I still need to get some piping here and there. However a welder isn't that expensive and it's a good investment down the road.. You can use it for other stuff on the car or even around the house. The turbo project is just the good excuse to buy one :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Guys!

I just received the Flange for my turbo! Here's a quick picture of it:

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey y'all! Guess was just came in the mail today...

Here's some other pics just for you guys!

Thanks for following my build!

StangATX,

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Please tell me its a real turbo...and not a ebay one (speaking from personal experience..)

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it is! I got it because it worked for many other people without a problem. If correctly installed of course. I will be running this turbo low boost. Also talking from MY personal experience I installed this same turbo on my Ford Racing Puma I had in France. It worked perfectly. Plus it's not the first time I buy from this seller. Sorry if your experience was different from mine. :)

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Well thats good. Some of the ebay turbos are usable as i understand. The one i bought wasnt..litterally lasted 20 miles lolol
Sponsored