2016 Camaro Interior vs S550 Interior

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
I just picked up a 2016 BMW and the interior is quite nice. Ford is close, but not quite there.
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Here's my take on the interiors:
Camaro: I think the quality of the materials used are very nice. Soft touch leather in a lot of areas. I think the design is more "put off-ish" than the mustang's. The seats are fantastic, probably the best part about the interior, IMO. The lack of storage is stupid however.
Mustang: The materials used are nice as well, and I think the design is not going to offend anyone, due to its classic layout. The seats are good too. I think the Mustang kills the Camaro in interior storage.

Layout: very close but Camaro-although a lot of this is opinion, I just found the Mustang's to be be boring, but very nicely done.
Materials: toss up
Seats: Camaro
Storage: Mustang
steering wheel in camaro is better than mustang too

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I'm still waiting on the camaro to start rocking T-tops again!:headbang: Maybe I should start growing my mullet awhile.:lol:

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Camaro just looks so fat and constipated on the outside. I actually wanted one but decided to get a mustang. Now, I am glad I would have felt insecure just driving one honestly lol.

But, 2016 inside is alright, just find it kinda bleh when it comes to camaros

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
2016 camaro comes standard with a vibrator strapped to the drivers seat and a penis shaped shift knob.

Really though there is a lot of plastic in the mustang and the camaro, but the mustang just feels worlds better to me.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I just picked up a 2016 BMW and the interior is quite nice. Ford is close, but not quite there.
Super. I'm sure that somehow applies to a Camaro thread?:doh::shrug:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It applies just as much as the other mentions of BMW interiors in this thread.
Your absolutely right. If your referring to the original douche bag comment by shakooza. :thumbsup: So now that you've got to mention that you own a bimmer. What do you think about the Camaros interior?

Last edited:

Shakooza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your absolutely right. If your referring to the original douche bag comment by shakooza. :thumbsup: So now that you've got to mention that you own a bimmer. What do you think about the Camaros interior?

LOL..Someones salty.

You do know that this is the versus section, right? The point is to compare cars and in that process different cars are brought into the discussion. Are you aware that my post was in response to another member that mentioned BMW and Lexus, right? I didnt start the comparison of BMW and Mustang.

In closing please let us know your rules for the forum (that you dont appear to moderate) so that the members you've chastised and hurled personal insults at can do our best to follow them. ..

I will start the rule list off that you appear to be dictating...

Rule #1 - We must strictly stay on topic (no mention of other brands outside those specifically mentioned in the title)
Rule #2 - Anyone that comments and adds forum history is a d-bag (regardless of the fact that I didnt bash the Mustang one little bit in my post or state it had a bad interior).
Rule #3 - Dont mention the car you drive
Rule #4 - Dont mention relevant experience you might have on the topic

Your forum rules should lead to interesting conversations that broaden peoples opinions via the experience of others! The maximum post count will hover right around 5 posts for each thread with these types of rules. Sounds fun! :doh:

....and if you've noticed I haven't belittled anyone's opinion that stated Fords interior is better or on par with BMW in this thread. I think its cool that there are a few members that switched to Mustang from the BMW and I can state that I have now found people that have made the switch. I havent seen any of them claim that they moved from an M3 to a Mustang...which was the point I was trying to make (maybe poorly).

Last edited:

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I plan to get an upclose look at both interiors at the auto show before I can make a detailed opinion of them.

But from the pictures, the 6th gen camaro is leaps and bounds better than the car it replaces.

Having been in the S550 before, the interior is very nice. I am curious to see how the 6th Gen shapes up when I see it in person.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I'm hopefully going to be seeing the 6th Gen on Friday at the Portland Auto Show...I'll be able to fairly give it a review then having driven the S550 multiple times.

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium 50 Years Package
I looked at 2016 Camaro

...before I bought my 2015 Mustang. I thought the interior had some nice features. I liked Apple CarPlay. I liked that the gauge cluster could be configured for a digital speedo. The heated steering wheel was nice. I really liked the heads up display. Very cool. That having been said, the Camaro felt really tight inside for me. I wanted a car I could drive every day April to Ocober and the Camaro just didn't feel like that car. I love the interior of the Mustang. It's comfortable even after a couple hours of driving. The seats have a lumbar adjustment where Camaro does not. Way better visibility in the Mustang. I love the 50 years package and all the chrome retro bits. The Sync 2 system does the job, I also have it on my Explorer. It's nicer since Ford added Siri eyes free. I might swap the radio for a Sync 3 once they release CarPlay I might not. By the way, I also have had BMWs and Audis. This time around I wanted an American V8 rumble/roar. When the time came I pulled out my checkbook and voted Mustang. Can't believe the car I got for the money. We live in a golden age.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I'm hopefully going to be seeing the 6th Gen on Friday at the Portland Auto Show...I'll be able to fairly give it a review then having driven the S550 multiple times.
Yes, they have a 2016 Coupe and a Convertible there, went with my friend last night. I prefer a bit more breathing room, the Camaro is a nice car but with the door closed my left arm is pushed on by the door, and my right has to rest on the console. It is fairly narrow, and there is no real way to put your arm up on the window sill. I was really interested to see the trunk space in the Camaro convertible, but they wisely had it so you could not pop the trunk. The Convertible looks nice and clean with the top down.

As to the seats, I know that everyone has their own tastes, but to me the Mustang Premium (Premier trim) seats are the most comfortable that I have ever sat in, and that is no joke. I have lower back problems (sciatica) and I have never once felt fatigue or pain after driving my car, even over a 3 hour road trip each way to the beach and back. I cannot recall another car that I have driven in the past 5 or more years that I can say that about.

Another guy with a cane at the car show was standing by the Mustang and made a casual comment about how his back could not take a car like that. I said he should try it, and after climbing in he had a shocked look on his face that his lower back pain was gone while sitting in the seat, a first for him. Then I said that he medically needs the car, to which he laughed and made some comment about his wife not going for it... :lol:

Again, everyone has their own tastes but the Mustang seats to me are much nicer than the Camaro's.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
...before I bought my 2015 Mustang. I thought the interior had some nice features. I liked Apple CarPlay. I liked that the gauge cluster could be configured for a digital speedo. The heated steering wheel was nice. I really liked the heads up display. Very cool. That having been said, the Camaro felt really tight inside for me. I wanted a car I could drive every day April to Ocober and the Camaro just didn't feel like that car. I love the interior of the Mustang. It's comfortable even after a couple hours of driving. The seats have a lumbar adjustment where Camaro does not. Way better visibility in the Mustang. I love the 50 years package and all the chrome retro bits. The Sync 2 system does the job, I also have it on my Explorer. It's nicer since Ford added Siri eyes free. I might swap the radio for a Sync 3 once they release CarPlay I might not. By the way, I also have had BMWs and Audis. This time around I wanted an American V8 rumble/roar. When the time came I pulled out my checkbook and voted Mustang. Can't believe the car I got for the money. We live in a golden age.
And you got the fastest color! Cheers! :cheers:

stook2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Traded a 2012 BMW 328 for a 15 GT, granted the interior is not the same but the GT has M4 power for 35k less.
I also traded from a 2012 328 to my 16 GT. Interior of the 328 was a little nicer, and build quality is better, but many more grins :) driving the Mustang.
Sponsored