Sponsored

2015 Saleen 302 Mustang!

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
C&D has the same thoughts.
"Speaking of vents and body openings, the Saleen 302 certainly has a lot of them, at least up front, where the 2015 Mustang’s face has been transformed into a rather, uh, Chevrolet Camaro–like mug."
So yeah, I guess we're not he only ones... ;)
Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
I'll wait to see the back. Overall looks promising. Hopefully this car gets some solid tires. Suspension work will help. 475hp is my guess.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
The last Saleen Mustang to get me excited...

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Looks too "Dodge-y"
Lol, I definitely don't see Mustang in the looks. I was thinking Dodge Camaro. The grill seems more Dodge to me where the overall look is Camaro.

I had to read the caption to know it was a Mustang, then I saw the DRLs. that's really the only part in that picture that hints it's a Mustang to me.

And no, I'm not a "Ford Guy".

I really can't wait to see what Roush comes up with. Not that I'll ever be able to afford one, I just like where he takes it generally.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
That render looks horrendous.

It looks like something geared towards those who don't like the new design. And in the process of making it more palatable to some current owners, they essentially ruin the new design.

Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
So any news from Roush?

FireDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma / 2012 HD Fatboy Lo
I prefer the look of the 2012 front end to the 2015, but don't know if trying to get that look out of the 15 works. To me this emphasizes just how far apart the headlights are and makes it even more weird looking.

pacettr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen, 2013 Lagune Seca, and
"Speaking of vents and body openings, the Saleen 302 certainly has a lot of them, at least up front, where the 2015 Mustang’s face has been transformed into a rather, uh, Chevrolet Camaro–like mug."
So yeah, I guess we're not he only ones... ;)
You missed the title there :D

Saleen Previews What It Has in Store for the 2015 Ford Mustang, and It Looks Bad-Ass

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
You can count me as one who really likes the 2015 Saleen Mustang. Since the car Saleen produces is a reflection of his design influence on a Mustang based car, he has the right to come up with his own design. If his design appeals to enough people so he can sell all he can produce, it will be a success. I like the new Saleen better than previous Saleen designs.
If I had enough money, I would buy one in a heartbeat, err I mean hoofbeat !

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
I too don't like as much as previous Saleen Mustangs. The problem I see is that this looses a lot of what makes this Mustang model a Mustang. I would like to suggest Saleen to keep what is between the headlights and the grill the same color as the car. I think it looks much better. I still don't like the hood at all. Also the hood line is totally uninspiring. Perhaps I like the 2015 Mustang GT a lot more than I thought I did, specially the upper grill with the shark fins. [ame]

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
This comment isn't directed at any single poster in this thread...I do find it interesting whenever I'm on a car forum and a new design is proposed there is always general tone of "the car must do this or have this design feature to be a Mustang/Camaro/BMW...

I'm not speaking of specifically the Mustang but what happens when a models history and it's brand loyalist hamper innovation and future improvements? Take the Camaro for instance. It's doomed to have a long hood, poor visibility and a high dash. The brand loyalist require these features but in many instances these features hamper the cars evolution. I often wonder what incredible cars we would have if the designers weren't forced into making concession for what a certain type of car "should" be. It appears Ford is ever so gently shrugging off the muscle car image and moving towards a global sports car. They've kept the design features to make sure they keep their base market.

In my personal opinion a halo car is just that..It's your greatest design you can legitimately put on the road (within a certain price point) and that requires a blank slate start. I wonder how much different Mustang would be if the engineers had a free hand and didn't have to worry about what the car "has to have" to be a Mustang. In my personal opinion Mustang should be the newest and hottest car Ford can design. Its why I didnt buy the last Retro version of the Mustang. I realize retro was hot for a short duration but a retro design basically states that the design team has no great design today so they have to loot what was great from the past. Thats obviously 100% opinion based and I'm sure most will disagree...

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
In my personal opinion a halo car is just that..It's your greatest design you can legitimately put on the road (within a certain price point) and that requires a blank slate start. I wonder how much different Mustang would be if the engineers had a free hand and didn't have to worry about what the car "has to have" to be a Mustang. My opinion and I'm sure most will disagree...
I completely agree. I was actually hoping for something more radical in terms of design, a car that clung more closely to the EVOS design.

I like the new design a lot, but I do feel that they had to make compromises to satisfy the baby boomer generation.

The good news is that as the older generation of buyers gives way to a newer one that's not as rigid when it comes to design cues, I think they will have the freedom to do more interesting things with the car.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I completely agree. I was actually hoping for something more radical in terms of design, a car that clung more closely to the EVOS design.

I like the new design a lot, but I do feel that they had to make compromises to satisfy the baby boomer generation.

The good news is that as the older generation of buyers gives way to a newer one that's not as rigid when it comes to design cues, I think they will have the freedom to do more interesting things with the car.
I was hoping for a radical new design that pushed the boundaries as well. I think Ford found the perfect compromise in its current model that does cater to the older generation and the young. It was obviously a compromise they were forced to make and I think they did the best they could under the conditions. I still cant help but to think what an amazing piece of art we could have had if the designers were free to paint the car with their discretion.

I dont really want to own a Japanese sports car but I can say that their population is much more open to new ideas and less likely to cling to the past. Look at the new Supra and the latest design of the GTR. You can find design references but you can also tell the designers went all out to design a car that makes your draw drop. If I put the Supra side by side with the Mustang you can tell who was tied to the past and who was looking at the future.

I FULLY expect a FOX body Mustang throw back in the next few generations. Those cars are wildly popular and are the new retro model for the aging population (like myself). You could get a Fox body on the cheap a few years back and their popularity is on the rise its much, much harder today. When my generation gets in their late 50s and 60s and they run Ford you will see another retro swing and hence a Fox bodied queue Mustang..Small, light and easy to pack a twin turbo in to meet the ever restricting Cafe standards. The old man crowd (like myself) will stumble over themselves to buy them....

so_r_crazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach1 Cobra Jet
The front hood line will have to be changed as a car can no longer have the hood on the leading edge. A front bumper or grill opening must be in front. This is why your saw the 2012 hood/front bumper change to the GT500 style hood and bumper where the hood closes behind the front facia. Just some food for thought to keep in mind that changes will need to be made.

It a design and overall I think its nice, but could do without the scoop.

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
This is HORRIBLY misleading. The Saleen shot makes the car wider, shorter, and more squared off than it really is. They're attempting to S197 the S550 which just won't be possible as they don't rework sheet metal. Hell, it looks wider and squattier than a C7 from the front and that just isn't possible. There were no engineers present when this was drawn, I'll guarantee you that.
Sponsored