Sponsored

2015 Mustang s550 FULL PROTOTYPE Spy Pics [6/10/13]

JackHoya

Another thing I just noticed. Look just forward of the mirror. (On the pic I uploaded) The camo pealed away just a tad bit. Does that look like some kind of channel running along the side of the car? What could that be?
I believe that is part of the Evos design language. It looks like a protruding design line between the belt and shoulder lines that falls just below the bottom of the front window. No real functionality, just gives it sharper lines.

Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 3.12.11 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 3.12.02 PM.jpg
Evos Concept Side View.jpg
2015 mustang full prototype mule.jpg
Sponsored

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Really Ford, you went back to the halogen headlamps? You had it right in 13-14 making them standard, and now you're going back? Bad move. HIDs across the board, and move to LEDs down the line. :doh:

JackHoya

I'll be shocked if Ford goes back to halogen. I refuse to believe they would go backwards after making HIDs standard. Especially if they're going for a more expensive look overall. But it sure looks like it and what you see on prototypes is usually what we end up with.

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
I'll be shocked if Ford goes back to halogen. I refuse to believe they would go backwards after making HIDs standard. Especially if they're going for a more expensive look overall. But it sure looks like it and what you see on prototypes is usually what we end up with.
I really, really hope they don't go back to halogens. That would be a tarnish on the mustang. 2015 and still using Halogens??? Come on.

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Is that a scoop/air duct above the rear wheels?

Melino

I really, really hope they don't go back to halogens. That would be a tarnish on the mustang. 2015 and still using Halogens??? Come on.
So they went from saying they want to use LED headlights on every car to going back to halogens? WTF. :tsk:

KZStang

I believe that is part of the Evos design language. It looks like a protruding design line between the belt and shoulder lines that falls just below the bottom of the front window. No real functionality, just gives it sharper lines.

Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 3.12.11 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 3.12.02 PM.jpg
You beat me to it. From the design thread below, I said that Ford has mentioned sharper lines in their future design language. It's possible, although a pure guess, that this could lead to a slightly bulging shoulder at the front fender leading up to the hood. A lot of Aston Martin cues if we see it. Also notice the side skirt, could be similar to we see based on the prototype shots.

5. Sharp lines
This is a design element seen on the Ford Evos concept and I believe the 2015 Mustang will get a healthy dose of sharper lines. Sharp top of the front fender starting above the headlamps, fading before the base of the "rear viewing elements" that spring from the window trim. This would give the Mustang a much needed twin bulge at the front fender to account for a more sloping front fascia.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Looks good!

This thought just occurred to me, do you think this could be the convertible version? If it is, that would be a good play on Fords part, because it would make it even harder for us to guess the final shape.

Sponsored

KZStang

If you follow the curve of the side window towards the back, it seems pretty close to the current car. However, the trunk might be shorter so it may give the effect of more of a fastback shape. You're right though, they are clearly trying to hide the roofline. I seem to remember reading somewhere that it will have a "double bubble" roof. That may be why there is such thick padding across the top.
I don't remember reading about a double bubble roof but it certainly wouldn't surprise me going for a somewhat more exotic sports car look. Given the general shape of this prototype and the fact that the rear does not look to extend out further, my guess is we don't see a full fastback in the classic sense that a lot of people seem to be hoping for. I would be happy with a roof and trunk line like the Vanquish, minus the duck spoiler.

Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 3.12.19 PM.jpg
Vanquish_AM310Wheelz_03.jpg

Vickstang

If any of you guys followed the Camaro back before it was fully revealed you might remember that GM faked everyone out with fake headlights (fake shape and halogens) during testing.

Krishna

Looks good!

This thought just occurred to me, do you think this could be the convertible version? If it is, that would be a good play on Fords part, because it would make it even harder for us to guess the final shape.
I doubt they would test the convertible first but who knows.

It's hard enough to guess the real shape with all that padding and camo. The fact that we can't tell what kind of top it has means they did a pretty damn good job already.

Krishna

I see Pirelli P Zero tires on the prototype. :thumbsup:
If any of you guys followed the Camaro back before it was fully revealed you might remember that GM faked everyone out with fake headlights (fake shape and halogens) during testing.
Good pick up man. I was wondering what tires those were.

Look like 6 piston front calipers to you guys?
Sponsored