Sponsored

2015 Mustang Production / Ordering Schedule

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think it's highly remarkable that the Job 1 date all of a sudden would be moved forward by a whole month. There is an enormous amount of parts logistics behind such a date.

If it's true then they probably planned on July 14th all along but only communicated the "Plan B" August date to the general public as a safety margin.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
friend of mine has a retail order (priority 10) and his build date is 8/11. Not an LE. Definitely before 9/9. Or am I misunderstanding what you said?
If production is really being moved up to 7/14, then the LE's could still be all built before your friend's car. As for the 9/9 okay to buy date, I have not confirmed this in writing from Ford - I've only seen it reported here. Maybe the okay to buy is actually earlier than 9/9. I'll try to find out today.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
If production is really being moved up to 7/14, then the LE's could still be all built before your friend's car. As for the 9/9 okay to buy date, I have not confirmed this in writing from Ford - I've only seen it reported here. Maybe the okay to buy is actually earlier than 9/9. I'll try to find out today.
Hey Brian, somewhat off topic, but has your dealer been able to order convertibles yet, either retail or stock orders? I would think that is coming soon...

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Here we seem to have some contradiction again. I hope your friend is correct about a retail not stock order.

Why exactly if Ford had built ALL initial dealer stock orders before the 9/9 date would they not start building customer orders before that time? It doesn't make sense to me. Granted yes it may take them the whole 7/14 to 9/9 timeframe to build all dealer stock orders.

Whatever the case it is still good news. The initial holds for QC should be ended by 9/9 and any produced in mid to late September should be in our hands by mid to late October I would think at latest. (Or at least I hope). I've got to have some late October/early November Fall weather cruising time. :)
definitely priority 10, so whatever that is (99% that's a retail order).

Sponsored

Babiblues75

Threads
Reaction score
OMG! That is such great news! WOOHOOO

Just wished my VIN# would get assigned so I could figure out when mine is arriving :( ordered on May 20th and still no VIN

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
Why not the song Lowrider?
Because I "spent" it on the Corvette haha. I've also been enjoying some Monster Truck. Righteous Smoke is my favorite of theirs so far.

Classic song that just makes you jam for sure. I think Golden Earrings "Radar Love" is my favorite driving song.
I enjoyed the beginning, a lot. Then they got to singing and lost me haha.

Back on topicL I've contacted my dealership today. I sent the owner a pic of the 7/14 date and it's news to him. I'll see what more he digs up soon. :)

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
Hey Brian, somewhat off topic, but has your dealer been able to order convertibles yet, either retail or stock orders? I would think that is coming soon...

Im not Brian but the answer is no. I have my order in the system but it still shows this error message ( probably for another week or two till the system takes it )
VERT.jpg

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Regardless of what date they say they're starting X, Y, or Z, the one you should be focusing is the date they're going to be building yours. Mine is the week of 9/15, so my guess is at least all the cars up to that point have been put on the schedule.

I'd be surprised if they hadn't planned all along to do the switch-over during the shutdown. They'll also likely not be doing any serious production as was indicated there is a training period and single shift during that time. Those cars won't see the light of day, most likely just a concrete wall and then a crusher.

Now all I'm waiting on is the actual build date, but knowing the week narrows it down close enough for me really. It's get'n real folks.

Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
From what I've observed, cars at this stage in the game could very well be sold. In fact, it isn't unheard of for late-preproduction cars to considered saleable if they meet all production specs without any bugs. So, cars going down the line to verify tooling set up and for trial builds could very well see the light of day, assuming they pass QC.

FWIW, I would be shocked if crash testing hasn't been completed well before Job1. I would think that sort of thing has to signed off during validation testing, and they're well past that now.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Im not Brian but the answer is no. I have my order in the system but it still shows this error message ( probably for another week or two till the system takes it )
If you are wondering if they are taking orders for convertibles, well at least here in Texas they are, take a look at order # b098. Dealer 52509... that was done around june I think

PhotoRick

Threads
Reaction score
friend of mine has a retail order (priority 10) and his build date is 8/11. Not an LE. Definitely before 9/9. Or am I misunderstanding what you said?
Yes, same here. I have a friend who ordered a 2015 coupe some time ago and was given his VIN just a few days ago.

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
It was discussed in this thread that convertibles can be ordered right now but according to Brian, it will sit in queue unscheduled until Job 2. Which brings up another point...

If the dealer bullet is correct and Job 1 for verts is 9/15, is that officially the start of Job 2 for the S550?

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
If you are wondering if they are taking orders for convertibles, well at least here in Texas they are, take a look at order # b098. Dealer 52509... that was done around june I think

Yes the order can be put in the system and you get a print out, but you will still get the error code above. I have an order in Concepts and printed on DORA, but none of that means anything if the error code appears.
Sponsored