Sponsored

2015 Mustang interior first look shows 6500 RPM redline and more undercarriage photos

Grimm

Threads
Reaction score
I asked this on another site but nobody knew. What are those mic looking things for behind the exhausts? Just sound testing?
Sponsored

groundnpounder

I asked this on another site but nobody knew. What are those mic looking things for behind the exhausts? Just sound testing?
Only other thing I can guess is that its some kind of emissions testing sensor...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
On TMS, its thought they're tuning the sound. Slightly suprised (although it makes sense) as that means the pipe lengths would have to be production ready......and its still using the old S197 body as a mule.

groundnpounder

Mule spotted in Michigan. Doesn't show anything new but just exciting to see
image-4793371.jpg
image-3107656989.jpg
image-1313541067.jpg

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
GNP do you have a bigger picture of the second shot? Highest resolution possible?

Sponsored

groundnpounder

GNP do you have a bigger picture of the second shot? Highest resolution possible?
Sorry nope not my pics. I'll see if the photographer has bigger images though. Trying to get a look inside?

Rev

Threads
Reaction score
Is it on the same platform? I thought it was going to be on a smaller platform.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
It's on a new platform. All-new actually. And highly modified for Mustang use.

2010MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Ugh! This whole "One Ford" thing is starting to scare me. So instead of the 2015 Mustang having a MUSTANG badge on the steering wheel, it's going to have a (Ford) badge on it to remind all the drivers that it's a Ford?

The 2015 Mustang's steering wheel is now going to be shared with the Fusion? What happened to having a unique Mustang steering wheel design?

And what the heck is up with that dashboard!?!? I know it's just a mule, but the display is hideous! I hope that's not for the "rental" '15 'stangs.

The tach design looks like it came off of the Fiesta. I'm not liking this design direction for the tachs so far.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It's not a 6500 redline

If you look it's more like 6250 as the redline goes through half way between the 6000 and 6500 marks. Probably a standard V6.

OKCfan

Ugh! This whole "One Ford" thing is starting to scare me. So instead of the 2015 Mustang having a MUSTANG badge on the steering wheel, it's going to have a (Ford) badge on it to remind all the drivers that it's a Ford?

The 2015 Mustang's steering wheel is now going to be shared with the Fusion? What happened to having a unique Mustang steering wheel design?

And what the heck is up with that dashboard!?!? I know it's just a mule, but the display is hideous! I hope that's not for the "rental" '15 'stangs.

The tach design looks like it came off of the Fiesta. I'm not liking this design direction for the tachs so far.
Hopefully it's just a parts bin interior cobbled together for testing purposes. Agreed, the mustang needs unique badging, gauges, trims, etc. The steering wheel will be sportier no doubt than that Fusion steering wheel. Must suck for the engineers having to test the car with that wheel :D

TradeStepan

You know everyone talks about how much better the Mustang will be with the IRS, but I'd bet that more Mustang owners hit the quarter mile track than a road course or auto-x. I guess there will be live axle conversions available in the aftermarket but out of the box, live axle might actually suit most owners uses better.