2015 Leather is Paper Thin...

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
It looks more like a screw driver in the pocket. How did you hit your leg against the outside of the bolster? Any who, there were issues with the seats, so this set may have slipped through. Take it to your dealer so they can have a look.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Budwise

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I sat down in the seat this morning and when you rotate in the seat to face out the door the seat bolster lines up perfectly with the rivet in the jean. Regardless, thankfully I purchased an extra warranty just for the interior and they are going to fix it. Just a warning though because if I hadent Ford would NOT be fixing it.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I use these, when I wanna show off the interior, in the trunk they go.

Seat Protector

ugg. This is like grandma putting plastic over her furniture. How can you enjoy the leather seats if they are just covered up?

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Can anyone compare the quality difference in the Recaro leather vs the 68B Premier Interior leather. Thanks

Sponsored

4cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I sat down in the seat this morning and when you rotate in the seat to face out the door the seat bolster lines up perfectly with the rivet in the jean. Regardless, thankfully I purchased an extra warranty just for the interior and they are going to fix it. Just a warning though because if I hadent Ford would NOT be fixing it.
Do you remember what that interior warranty cost?

El_Caballero

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Kristopher
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT 5.0, '13 Mustang GT Cabrio
This is the leather supplier for the 2015 Mustang - https://eagleottawa.com/

Those look like the Premuim leather - Premier trim leather pkg. In this case that area is Vinyl not leather. It may be spot repairable - but does not solve the issue. Vinyl on the premium? It is suppose to better wearing according to Ford! Nothing like real skin. I'm pricing complete custom leather work - seats, door, console etc.

Have a look at this link for the Vinyl touch up...they have some other interesting items too such as the the Black-Out Kit

http://www.rustoleum.com/DigitalEnc...brands/auto/specialty-paints/fabric-and-vinyl

OP
OP
Budwise

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Do you remember what that interior warranty cost?
$800 for a paint treatment (Resistall) + no questions asked warranty for the interior for 100K miles. The dealer called the claims for the interior warranty and then they called me and they're coming to my house tomorrow to repair the seat. Considering how flimsy the leather is I think it ended up a good investment.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
ugg. This is like grandma putting plastic over her furniture. How can you enjoy the leather seats if they are just covered up?
Agreed that is pretty terrible looking lol
The interior in my current daily driver is the same as what comes in the mustang LE. It's stains my friend. I don't care how much leather treatments or fabric protectors you apply to the seats.

The bolsters especially take the brunt of entering and exiting the vehicle. Besides getting dirty they show wear extremely fast.

I agree the protectors are ugly but my seats still look like new and when not every day driving or knowing I'm going to show off vehicle they are removed.

It's not like a black bra on the front of a car, people can't see it unless they're gawking through your window when it's parked.

If your seats are black then dirt is not that much of an issue but you still get the wear and tear associated with entering and exiting the vehicle. If the OP would've had these protectors his car would still be in its original condition.

4cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
$800 for a paint treatment (Resistall) + no questions asked warranty for the interior for 100K miles. The dealer called the claims for the interior warranty and then they called me and they're coming to my house tomorrow to repair the seat. Considering how flimsy the leather is I think it ended up a good investment.
So are they going to give you an entire new cover or just "spot " repair the section? Keep us posted cause I can for see bolster issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Budwise

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So are they going to give you an entire new cover or just "spot " repair the section? Keep us posted cause I can for see bolster issues.
I believe since its pretty tiny holes they're just going to try and repair it first. I'll post some pics after its done.

OP
OP
Budwise

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Well, its repaired and it does look much better. You dont really notice it unless the light hits it. The technician looked like James May except he was French and he took a lot of time and effort and even did a coating on the whole area to make the vinyl a little stronger. He was surprised to see it puncture so easily too. Anyway, I guess I have to throw away my jeans and find some without rivets...

imag0184.jpg

RobD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT
This sort of thing should be a good will effort from your dealer even if you didn't have the added coverage. Hope the repair holds up.

hunter7389

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium M6 401 PP1, Silver
I still dont see how a smooth round rivet on the front of your jeans punctured the outside of the bolster.

FWIW, mine is a daily driver. I always have a combination of: pocketknife with clip, concealed pistol, leatherman in a pouch or flashlight in a pouch. I'm mindful of this though, and have no issues so far.