Sponsored

2015 Leather is Paper Thin...

Jake 87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
So not to bump an older thread but I've had my car five DAYS when I noticed a small rip near the stitching on the seat bolster where I get in and out. I wear khakis to work with absolutely nothing sharp. I think it's crazy that part of the seat would have such thin material and be prone to this. I don't have an interior warranty so I hope I'm not SOL.

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
So not to bump an older thread but I've had my car five DAYS when I noticed a small rip near the stitching on the seat bolster where I get in and out. I wear khakis to work with absolutely nothing sharp. I think it's crazy that part of the seat would have such thin material and be prone to this. I don't have an interior warranty so I hope I'm not SOL.

What do you mean you don't have an interior warranty?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium

This. The 3/36 warranty covers everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Most factory leather is garbage in my opinion. Glad OP got it fixed.

Jake 87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
Well i went in and made a claim but they said they dont think Ford will cover it. They said they've seen the same thing with brand new F150's and everything. They tell people they have to be careful with jeans. I must say, that's some pretty terrible quality.

Luckily I paid a little extra in the finance department for a ResistAll treatment and extended interior warranty coverage so I think that will cover it no matter what happened. I guess we'll see. I still think its pretty poor of Ford to use such thin materials.

In regards to the OP I didn't get an extra ResistAll treatment and extended interior warranty coverage. That's what I meant.

Sponsored

pa93cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Guard Mustang
So not to bump an older thread but I've had my car five DAYS when I noticed a small rip near the stitching on the seat bolster where I get in and out. I wear khakis to work with absolutely nothing sharp. I think it's crazy that part of the seat would have such thin material and be prone to this.
Same here. I noticed my seat bolster started showing some of the same wear you posted in the photo. I also wear khakis just about every day of the week but I found I need to make sure I move the seat back if I need to get out of the car when it is still running to check on something. If I don't, it is a guarantee I will rub on the bolster. No problems getting in or out of the car when it is shut off as I have the "easy exit" set for on.

On that same note, I used a Sharpie pen to cover the spots and you can't even tell anymore unless you are right up close.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So not to bump an older thread but I've had my car five DAYS when I noticed a small rip near the stitching on the seat bolster where I get in and out.
Hey Jake 87,

Are you going to take this in to the dealer? Shoot me a PM; I'll take a look at the situation further.

Jeff

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I found a small tear on the back of the driver's seat at delivery. I took it in for repair and instead of replacing the seat cover, they got some local hack with a leather repair kit to "fix" it. Now I still see the tear and there's a shiny spot where the black dye doesn't match. Not happy.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I found a small tear on the back of the driver's seat at delivery. I took it in for repair and instead of replacing the seat cover, they got some local hack with a leather repair kit to "fix" it. Now I still see the tear and there's a shiny spot where the black dye doesn't match. Not happy.
Hey RubyRed15,

I want you to be happy with your new Pony. Send over a PM with your VIN, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll document your feedback.

Jeff

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

That looks much more like the top layer of the leather was rubbed off (wear) than a tear in the stitching. You can see smaller wear spots above and below the bigger white spot.

Regardless I agree to try to bring it to the dealership and see if they will warranty a new seat cover.

Sponsored

pa93cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Guard Mustang
What gripes me is that I've now started finding "wear" marks on the seat portions as well, along with some small separations of seams between the back panels. I rarely ever wear jeans in my Mustang and I use the auto exit when I get out of the car.

My wife has a Lincoln MKC with 5,000 miles and premium leather and she wears jeans everyday and is not normally known to be "gentle" on vehicles and there is no trace of wear whatsoever.

I am most certainly challenging the term "premium" when describing the leather seats in the 2015 Mustang!

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I also noticed a puncture in the back seat after taking delivery. I never even used the back seat.

I called the dealership and they said they will take care of it when I bring the car it. That won't be for a month, since I'm out of town. I don't know yet if they will replace the entire seat or use a leather repair kit. I will ask, but if they used a leather repair kit, I will be very upset. I didn't pay 40k for a car to have the backseat leather ripped without ever using it.

On a side note, there is a rattle coming from the passenger side. The dealership said they'll take care of it as well. Again, I can't bring it in until a month or so. Called a local dealership, and they told me they need the car for a day. They don't offer loaners (saying that Ford does not provide loaners). So, what am I suppose to do for a day? Wait in their dealership? Take a taxi home? My friends have jobs. They don't have time to taxi me around.

OK. That last paragraph should be on another thread.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
The only thing I thought I would miss about not getting the Premium Package was the leather seats. After looking at this, I think I made the right choice. I can get quality leather put in for $1k from a friend of a friend. (And I want red seats with Race Red). Hopefully Ford Service will help you guys out!

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I also noticed a puncture in the back seat after taking delivery. I never even used the back seat.

I called the dealership and they said they will take care of it when I bring the car it. That won't be for a month, since I'm out of town. I don't know yet if they will replace the entire seat or use a leather repair kit. I will ask, but if they used a leather repair kit, I will be very upset. I didn't pay 40k for a car to have the backseat leather ripped without ever using it.
You'll need to tell them upfront that only a new cover will be acceptable. I told mine that I didn't want some cracker box repair, and they did exactly that, presumably under the loophole that "our guy is really good".

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The only thing I thought I would miss about not getting the Premium Package was the leather seats. After looking at this, I think I made the right choice. I can get quality leather put in for $1k from a friend of a friend. (And I want red seats with Race Red). Hopefully Ford Service will help you guys out!
The leather seats look nice. But I must say that the feel of it is cheap. The leather steering wheel is nice. But I don't feel confident sitting on those seats.
Sponsored