Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
So ford said they will not do anything about the passenger side seat bolster. I am more than pissed about that. They will fix the spot between the top edge of the back seat backs where they are not level due to a stiching or foam problem. Also they are replacing the foggy fog light that I have, but as far as the scratches and small cut in the leather they are doing nothing about it. Very displeased
That's a bunch of crap. They should do something given the inferior materials that they ended up using for the seats.
Sponsored

jax7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic 300a
To everyone not happy with the stock leather i recommend the dealer adding it using a genuine leather product from a local business. i purchased a base GT and the paid 1500 including install to have front and back seats installed. The quality is NIGHT and DAY difference. Nothing like the stock crap. Not yet installed as is on order but i sat in a demo car with the special order leather and it is amazing. Keep in mind this quality could vary based on who works with your dealer but better options are out there. When mine is finished i will try to post some pics....will be a few weeks or so.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
To everyone not happy with the stock leather i recommend the dealer adding it using a genuine leather product from a local business. i purchased a base GT and the paid 1500 including install to have front and back seats installed. The quality is NIGHT and DAY difference. Nothing like the stock crap. Not yet installed as is on order but i sat in a demo car with the special order leather and it is amazing. Keep in mind this quality could vary based on who works with your dealer but better options are out there. When mine is finished i will try to post some pics....will be a few weeks or so.
Pics?

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
First thing I noticed about the s550 after getting in and out a few times was how sensitive these were compared to my 13 premium. Already see that ashy look you get on the surface of the leather on outside driver bolster just from my belt rubbing it. I put some Jax Wax cleaner/conditioner on it and it smoothed out, but jeez who knows how it will look in a few thousand miles. It's only been driven 2 times since I got it Saturday. The leather/vinyl in my 13 seemed much more resilient. But the 15 also has a much larger and tighter bolster so I guess it sees more friction when getting in and out.

That last sentence sounds dirty but only way to explain it haha.

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
Just a heads up. FORD replaced my seat cover after denying the claim to begin with. They did a great job and I couldn't be happier with the way thing turned out

Sponsored

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just a heads up. FORD replaced my seat cover after denying the claim to begin with. They did a great job and I couldn't be happier with the way thing turned out
What did you do for them to finally cover?

I've noticed a scratch make on the driver bolster. It's getting pretty bad to where I think it will rip. Isn't something like this covered in bumper to bumper?

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
What did you do for them to finally cover?

I've noticed a scratch make on the driver bolster. It's getting pretty bad to where I think it will rip. Isn't something like this covered in bumper to bumper?

I actually contacted the ford service rep through this site. It's not covered in bumper to bumper warranty, unless it's a defect of materials or craftsmanship from factory. Just pm them your issue, they will get in touch with you

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Do you have a large derrière/fat ass? j/k

Sorry, just too funny....un derrière large....:lol:
Ok back to topic...i just checked my jeans, no nipples on the back pockets.;)

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Good for you, now time to get new jeans ! ;)

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
Any pics?
I hate the stock leather

Sponsored

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
I have same issue like that i just found it out. i have leather seat cars entire my life and i think i am good at manage my stuff on good condition so i never had this kind of problems at all. but i have 3 holes on the front seat.

i sent PM to ford Service last Thursday. Ones they send me a PM i need to set up appointment with dealership as well.

i chose this seat because of heating and cooling seat function. now i am regretting to not choose Recaro seat. it will be happen again after they fix it.
20151203_135949_resized.jpg
20151203_135952_resized.jpg
20151203_135955_resized.jpg
20151203_140708_resized.jpg

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I chose this seat because of heating and cooling seat function. now i am regretting to not choose Recaro seat. it will be happen again after they fix it.
Same here, the leather feels soft and definitely nicer than the leather in my wife's Escape Titanium, but with the sub par cooling and how delicate it is, I'm thinking Recaros may have been money well spent.

Does anyone know if premier trim upgrades the leather trimmed seats over the standard leather trimmed seats?

And that black outside portion of your bolster I'm sure is not real leather like the seating surface would be and I imagine a lot weaker too.

Last edited:

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
I just check the passenger seat as well it is worth than driver seats nobody seat on there except my wife. she seat on there 2 times in a month on weekend. also she does not ware Jeans and metal part on clothes. and she is only 100 lbs, so the seat does pushed on the side support.

i am so worry on it. if i still have option to change the stock Recaro seat, I really want to change to it.

PS: First 4 is driver seat again and last 3 is passenger seat.
driver 1.jpg
driver 2.jpg
driver 3.jpg
driver 4.jpg
passenger 1-Resize.jpg
passenger 2-Resize.jpg
passenger 3-Resize.jpg

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
Unless you get cloth recaros, the leather ones are garbage. Mine have already been scuffed and I cannot stop wearing jeans. I figured when it's time to trade in the car, I'll hide the scuffed areas with black dye. I don't understand why manufactures use leather for sports cars...Alcantra > Leather in so many ways.
Sponsored