Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Actually, just spoke with my wife, and she says if she stands outside in the morning...she can hear me driving to the gas station...that's about 1mi as a crow flies. She can hear me take off from every stop sign and slow/accelerate before/after every speed bump lol. My only hope is that she can hear me because it's 0400 and it's super quiet at that time and she's outside.
Sponsored

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Actually, just spoke with my wife, and she says if she stands outside in the morning...she can hear me driving to the gas station...that's about 1mi as a crow flies. She can hear me take off from every stop sign and slow/accelerate before/after every speed bump lol. My only hope is that she can hear me because it's 0400 and it's super quiet at that time and she's outside.
LOL. I leave for work at 0530 and have started parking my car in the garage again to try to offset how loud/long the cold starts are. The Xtreme by itself will wake the dead for the first few seconds of a cold start. I have a feeling the cat deletes will be downright scary the first few times I start her up.

Question for ya' - Did you install the cat deletes yourself or pay a shop to do so? If so, how much did they charge you?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
My car is extremely loud but really only when RPMS get up there.

Installed myself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
LOL. I leave for work at 0530 and have started parking my car in the garage again to try to offset how loud/long the cold starts are. The Xtreme by itself will wake the dead for the first few seconds of a cold start. I have a feeling the cat deletes will be downright scary the first few times I start her up.

Question for ya' - Did you install the cat deletes yourself or pay a shop to do so? If so, how much did they charge you?
I paid a shop down the street to install the Corsa and MAK cat deletes at the same time. $100. :thumbsup::cheers:

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
My car is extremely loud but really only when RPMS get up there.

Installed myself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Extremely loud is what I'm shooting. I have a feeling that this set-up + the ghost cam is gonna keep me happy for a while. :headbang:

I paid a shop down the street to install the Corsa and MAK cat deletes at the same time. $100. :thumbsup::cheers:
Lucky!! I paid $125 just for the Corsa install cause I couldn't find my jack and stands!

Here's to hoping I can find a shop to install my cat deletes for under a $100.

Sponsored

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Hey sd_gt, what's up!
I have the cat deletes with mak h pipe and had the roush axle back, reciently removed the axle back and jigga rigged the stock exhaust back on.
I ran the set up for about 4 months before swapping the stock mufflers back on. In that time it was awesome, I had to learn how to drive like a granny in super populated areas just cause it drew the wrong attention. I too had many great complements and the car sounded beast.
During the 4 month time I was pulled over about 15 times. I was being harrased. Saying I was speeding but I wasnt, saying I blew there doors off, I had a few times I was pulled over and once had cops waiting for me to come by, saying people called in saying I was doing burn outs and driving like a mad man, I wasnt, honestly I was not!. All because the car was so loud. I was being harrased so much, I lost it a few times on the cops and almost ended up back in jail. It got to the point where I didn't give a fuck what happened after being pulled over.
About 2k in fines and 6 tickets, traffic school and multiple trips to the hwy patrol station getting bs tickets written off "no front plate, registration proof, plate light out etc etc". It got pretty old real quick.
I didn't want to remove the deletes or lose the performance from them so I opted to pull the axle back and reinstall the stock mufflers. I couldn't believe how much it toned it down with just throwing the stock mufflers back on. To me though, it sounds like shit now and I don't like it, want that sound back but not all the unwanted attention. The upside though is.....I can drive normal again and even get a lil aggressive if I choose with out lighting up the block and drawing unwanted attention. Since the muffler swap, all the harrassment has stopped and I only get dirty looks now from the cops but not pulled over.
I guess what I'm saying is, it's only a matter of time before you start experiencing some of what I went through. If not then power to you. Some advice, if your ever in Rancho san diego, jamul, 94e or west, be aware, those are the areas I have been harrased the most and I live no where near there. Every time I'm in that area, I get fucked with.
Hahahaha enjoy them! Hope you have better luck than I did. Imo have a plan to tone them down if needed, not sure what your set up is but I know what mine sounded like, hahahaha esp cold start

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
That's what a dashcam is for. Since you're not doing anything wrong tell them to go fuck themselves. :thumbsup:
Yeah I did that a few times, just led to multiple infractions on the ticket, a call for back up and a further delayed moment that I will never get back. I was never reffd but came close according to my boss that went out and talked to a hwy patrol that followed me all the way into my work trying to get me thrown off the job site for wreck less behavior. Hahaha, for some reason he thought if he told the cop I was really a good guy, they would leave me alone. He only made it worse imo. I was warned buy the job super to not bring that shit around the job or I'd be thrown off the site. Hahahaha wtf, I didn't bring shit or do shit wronh, just being royally harrased.
I wish I had a dashcam, shit would have went viral hahahaha

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Damn, Blitz was saying the same thing but honestly, I want to run this set-up for at least a short while. There's something special about a loud V8 that's breathing freely. Thanks for the heads up and hopefully I don't get any/too much shit from local PD. Although I did get an 80mph speeding ticket a month ago when traffic was passing me up. When I tried to get a reason why, the cop responded by saying "well if you didn't want attention, you shouldn't have part a car like this".

Edit - I had a cop follow me out of emergency room parking lot at the hospital I work at while the ghost cam was running. That was funny. Lol. I'm considering registering the car to my cousin's address in Nebraska simply so I can basically tell local PD to buzz off about my exhaust.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Extremely loud is what I'm shooting. I have a feeling that this set-up + the ghost cam is gonna keep me happy for a while. :headbang:

Lucky!! I paid $125 just for the Corsa install cause I couldn't find my jack and stands!

Here's to hoping I can find a shop to install my cat deletes for under a $100.
Hey let me know who installs your cat deletes as I'm leaning toward this route qvice LTHs.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
cat delete install is like $250 here... if you can get it done for $100, might be a shit job lol. the welding needs to be great!

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Exactly man I'm sure that I could somebody to "hook me up" but I want a quality job/welds. Willing to pay, I figure it still will be cheaper than going the SW, Kooks, ARH route.

cat delete install is like $250 here... if you can get it done for $100, might be a shit job lol. the welding needs to be great!

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Same here. I was quoted $250 for the MAK cat delete install as well but it's by a shop that I KNOW does great quality work so I don't mind paying for it. I could do the install at my work (I manage/coown a manufacturing plant) but we have numerous huge orders that were working on so I don't want to take up my employees time tinkering with my car until the current orders are completed. It'd probably be 2 weeks or so until I could pull a welder off what he's doing to help me and there's no way I can possibly wait that long with parts just sitting in my garage! Although, saving myself $250 would be nice...

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
Anyone have this paired up to a mbrp exhaust? I'm curious to see how this sounds?