Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Hey Adrian, could you possibly pm me a tracking number for my order? It was placed on 2/18 and says it was shipped. My order number is MAK-2096. If not, it's all good. I'm assuming they'll probably arrive sometime later this week.

EDIT: Disregard this. I just found the tracking number. You just have to hit "View order".
Sponsored

j_dhillon21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
I just received my order #MAK-2079 today. The pipes came pretty banged up and have a lot of scratches. They're also very dirty and the inside of the pipe has metal shavings in it. Not sure if thats normal but I've never seen that before in any after market exhaust parts that I have purchased. Overall not to impressed considering how much I payed for these.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I just received my order #MAK-2079 today. The pipes came pretty banged up and have a lot of scratches. They're also very dirty and the inside of the pipe has metal shavings in it. Not sure if thats normal but I've never seen that before in any after market exhaust parts that I have purchased. Overall not to impressed considering how much I payed for these.
Do you think the dents were there before they were sent, or did the box show signs of damage?

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Did Adrian or someone at MAK end up getting back to you regarding this? Not too happy to hear this because I ordered mine last week so I'm guessing my MAK deletes are from the same batch as yours. Mine should be arriving today so I'll be sure to inspect them when they arrive. If they come with the sort of damage you described, I'm not going to be happy.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Sub'd. Would like to see how this gets handled since I'm also interested in a set for the sake of convenience. Being able to swap my cats in and out would be awesome here in CA.

Sponsored

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Sub'd. Would like to see how this gets handled since I'm also interested in a set for the sake of convenience. Being able to swap my cats in and out would be awesome here in CA.
That's exactly why I went with the MAK deletes instead of headers. They're anal here in CA and being able to swap the stock cats back in within 30 minutes is a huge plus. My MAK deletes should be arriving today so I'll report back on how mine look and whether or not they're in the same condition as j_d's. I sure hope they're in better condition because his sound mangled. For $400, they should be damn near flawless.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Shoot me some pictures over to [email protected] include pictures of the box as well.

The metal shavings is nothing to be alarmed about, the oil used to bend the pipes is what is coating the inside of the pipes and that is what the metal shavings stick to. All that oil burns off at first start up as with any mandrel bent exhaust. There should be no dents in the pipes however. Shoot me some pictures so we can take a look.

j_dhillon21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
Just to clarify, I never said the pipes were dented. They were scratched up and dirty. Looks like they were never cleaned before being shipped. I took the pipes to a local muffler shop today to get them installed and they told me that these pipes are going to lose power due to lack of back pressure..... Really wish I just went with headers at this point...

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Just to clarify, I never said the pipes were dented. They were scratched up and dirty. Looks like they were never cleaned before being shipped. I took the pipes to a local muffler shop today to get them installed and they told me that these pipes are going to lose power due to lack of back pressure..... Really wish I just went with headers at this point...
Whoever said that doesnt know what hes talking about. Theres no way youre going to lose power by getting rid of the cats. If your car is tuned properly, you just picked up 10-15 hp.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Yeah that shop is full of shit. I picked up 36 h.p. with Cat deletes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

CoyoteFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
Shoot me some pictures over to [email protected] include pictures of the box as well.

The metal shavings is nothing to be alarmed about, the oil used to bend the pipes is what is coating the inside of the pipes and that is what the metal shavings stick to. All that oil burns off at first start up as with any mandrel bent exhaust. There should be no dents in the pipes however. Shoot me some pictures so we can take a look.
Couple of questions. First unless you posted it in here i didn't see I apologize. But what kinda power does cat delete setup with the resonator delete add compared to doing just long tubes with x pipe and no cats? Second what do you charge for installing it? Im located here in Boca Raton. Thanks

Im also in the process of possibly buying a 2016 5.0

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Just got my MAK cat deletes! Thanks again @AdrianMAK! The pipes themselves were a tad dirty but didn't have any dents or scratches in them at all. Which is actually lucky considering how they were packed. I know 304SS is strong stuff but you guys really should use a bit more packing material. As soon as I grabbed the box I could hear the pipes hitting one another. Like I said, no damage was done to them so no harm, no foul but I would have preferred if they weren't rattling around the entire trip during shipping. Also, my hardware and flanges were just rolling around in the bottom of the big box. A bag or something would have been nice. There was a small USPS priority box in there (I'm assuming the hardware was originally in that) but it didn't look to have ever been sealed so of course the contents fell right out during transit. All in all good looking product though and it doesn't look like anything is missing. I'm excited to get them installed and see what kind of impact they make on the sound and power! Thanks again for the good customer service Adrian!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
lol..........................................

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Want to sell them ?
Sponsored