2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Definitely weird. When I shopped around for these filters, I kept using the '9601-A' with negative results. So I tried the '-B' and got a bunch of returns with prices from a low $13 to an Ebay price of $108.
Do you mind sharing the link to where you got yours at that killer price?
Sponsored

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just curious, why you guys would want to buy the paper filter? Isn't the GT500 filter better than the GT350 paper filter?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Just curious, why you guys would want to buy the paper filter? Isn't the GT500 filter better than the GT350 paper filter?
Think of it as a cotton diaper vs a disposable diaper. Both serve the same purpose, but the cotton diaper lets more shit through.

The performance difference is minute. I prefer to take out the old filter and replace it with a brand new one than to deal with removing and cleaning an oiled filter.

Sponsored

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Think of it as a cotton diaper vs a disposable diaper. Both serve the same purpose, but the cotton diaper lets more shit through.

The performance difference is minute. I prefer to take out the old filter and replace it with a brand new one than to deal with removing and cleaning an oiled filter.
The Airaid filter is a dry filter, it doesn't need to be oiled. I strongly disliked cleaning my K&N filters.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
I've been using oiled filters from mid 90s until 2007. In all instances and 4 different cars, the MAF was covered with oil after 30,000 to 50,000 miles. If you think cleaning just the reusable filter is bad, wait until you have to clean the MAF. Needless to say, I've been oil free for the past 10 years. :)

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've been using oiled filters from mid 90s until 2007. In all instances and 4 different cars, the MAF was covered with oil after 30,000 to 50,000 miles. If you think cleaning just the reusable filter is bad, wait until you have to clean the MAF. Needless to say, I've been oil free for the past 10 years. :)
I just threw out an old can of MAF cleaner. :cheers:

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Anybody know or recommend an installer in the northern Virginia area? Looking to get pp2 installed. Thanks

Sponsored

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Anybody know or recommend an installer in the northern Virginia area? Looking to get pp2 installed. Thanks
[MENTION=7311]Grimace427[/MENTION] He did a lot of work on my car and I'd highly recommend him.

WhitePlat17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Mustang GT Automatic
I have the Ford Racing Power Pack 2. I ended up installing it at a friends house and used his laptop to upload the tune. Is there any way I can get the tune onto my laptop?

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have the Ford Racing Power Pack 2. I ended up installing it at a friends house and used his laptop to upload the tune. Is there any way I can get the tune onto my laptop?
Yep, I don't have the exact path in front of me but the files should be in the ProCal3/Calibrations directory under Documents if I remember correctly. As long as the ProCal is linked to your account/email you can install and activate the software on your computer and just copy the calibration files over.

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
This pp2 sucks do you know how much faster I’ll be going through tires and gas now *♂
Sponsored