Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
3 MAIN QUESTIONS
-Do these FORD POWER PACKS come with CARB emission stickers?
-Also can a person use another tuner like LUND with the power pack 3 to trick visual inspection from CHP?
- Lastly will tuning the car back to stock for same tune as PP3 allow for smog test passing when the time comes for it?

THANK YOU guys for your input, I'm just trying to get a way around the system lol
Yes, I'm down in San Diego, already bought the PP stage 3, having it installed next week, they do have carb numbers, you can take out the Lund tune and when you tune the car back to stock, it will pass smog. The link below states "50 state legal"

https://lmr.com/item/M9452M8/15-17-...VxlHlvox_pkjZ5uLGmK9V4rxrWAZAnyhoCfdcQAvD_BwE
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Yes, I'm down in San Diego, already bought the PP stage 3, having it installed next week, they do have carb numbers, you can take out the Lund tune and when you tune the car back to stock, it will pass smog. The link below states "50 state legal"

https://lmr.com/item/M9452M8/15-17-...VxlHlvox_pkjZ5uLGmK9V4rxrWAZAnyhoCfdcQAvD_BwE
make sure to tell lund to have ur tune not turn off rear O2 and other emissions components. Else, when you flash the stock tune itll take awhile before the components give the 'ready' code or whatever. But yes either way after awhile the stock tune will pass emissions

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
make sure to tell lund to have ur tune not turn off rear O2 and other emissions components. Else, when you flash the stock tune itll take awhile before the components give the 'ready' code or whatever. But yes either way after awhile the stock tune will pass emissions
I'm not getting a Lund tune, I'm getting a tune by a local shop.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I'm not sure what happens with the ecoboost tune -- but it seemed to me that it was pretty much all there -- except that it's a process: After the initial flash, I went for a drive and the car felt a lot stronger immediately -- then it came up with a CEL -- and as expected -- it was telling me it needed to do the crank relearn process -- with the laptop connected, and ProCal running, I revved the engine -- as soon as the tachometer needle went past 4000RPM, the CEL went off, and never returned. I did a bit more driving, and then checked my tire size, and confirmed that it had never been set correctly -- I confirmed this against GPS, and I've been done ever since.
Got my PP2 installed at the dealership and the mechanic doing it never installed one before. Everything installed great and the car is a different animal now. On my second drive i noticed the CEL came on or it was on leaving the dealership but i didn't notice it. I hooked up my hand held code reader and it said code P0315 "Crankshaft Position System Variation not learned". After doing some research i had to connect the laptop again with the ProCal installed and i revved the engine past 4000 and the CEL went out. :cheers:

Sponsored

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Got my PP2 installed at the dealership and the mechanic doing it never installed one before. Everything installed great and the car is a different animal now.
How so? I finally broke down and ordered the PP2 for my car. I'm planning to have some dyno runs made while it's 100% stock and then again after PP2 is installed.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Velossa Tech big mouth came in today. Removed the front bumper to add the big mouth and noticed the service tech from the dealership didn't make sure the GT350 inlet lined up with the factory inlet. Also the foam panel that fits in the GT350 air box was bunched up. I fixed and realigned everything the way it was supposed to be. Just a FYI heads up

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
How so? I finally broke down and ordered the PP2 for my car. I'm planning to have some dyno runs made while it's 100% stock and then again after PP2 is installed.
now i have had pp2 for like 3k or more miles now i guess.

Love it.

Auto boys + Premium model : try s+.. this guys is demonic creature then.

its a great power pack and for 1k with install a great value for money.

let me just summarise certain things so that theya re not asked again and again.

1. Popping noise: yes you will have pop noise when you shut down your car and its normal get over it, its to make this power pack legal.

2. Higher IAT temp: thats normal , in traffic your IAT will be higher don worry.

3. Auto+Premium: s+ is the mode to drive car, fucking insane

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
havent put a lot of miles on mine yet maybe 10-15 but it has more power and pulls hard.

Sponsored

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Is there any way to verify the procal and programming works before making all the changes? Basically register,download file and hook up procal to obd2 to see if it will pull vehicle info before actually downloading tune. I dont want to cut hoses, install everything to find out there is a problem with program/procal. I would be F at that point.

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base Auto
Is there any way to verify the procal and programming works before making all the changes? Basically register,download file and hook up procal to obd2 to see if it will pull vehicle info before actually downloading tune. I dont want to cut hoses, install everything to find out there is a problem with program/procal. I would be F at that point.
Yes, register and install the procal software on your laptop. Then connect the procal to the car and your laptop. Press the start button, but don't start the car. Let the software connect to the car and read the VIN. Then if you have an internet connection you can download the tune. Once you install the hardware then you can flash the tune.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
So I did another install on a friends car. It's @5l0w_caballito on IG. He's running 3.31's and much like my car and another car I did the install on, it totally transformed it into beast mode.

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited: