2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Make sure you aren't touching the clutch in anticipation of the shift, I caught myself doing that every now and then and the no lift shift kicks in and makes it stutter. It's very sensitive.
Sponsored

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Installed PP2 today, runs like a rapped ape up top, but it hesitates/breaks up on hard shifts. I did select the sensitive fuel setting. So I am thinking its either that or still learning? Any Ideas?
Mine does the same thing. It does not do it when using no-lift shift on mine. I have only had it happen from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4. For me, it is like hitting the rev limiter right when you stab the gas after upshifting. It is definitely annoying. I ran the Procal diagnostics and it said my brake and clutch pedals were out of range. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, no check engine light. I have had the same problem before and after turning on the octane adjust. I think it is more of a crap tune problem than a fuel problem now. Same problem on 76, Shell and Chevron 91 thuss far. :shrug:

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you aren't touching the clutch in anticipation of the shift, I caught myself doing that every now and then and the no lift shift kicks in and makes it stutter. It's very sensitive.
Ditto on that. If you're at full throttle keep your foot on the gas or she'll buck like a .............

The no lift is pretty cool, just scary at first.

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto on that. If you're at full throttle keep your foot on the gas or she'll buck like a .............

The no lift is pretty cool, just scary at first.
Did some testing today. My issue is definitely self inflicted. The clutch switch that engages no lift shift is also used to cancel cruise control. My switch kicks in about 1/4" in. Basically have to dump the clutch when ever shifting in the high RPM range and problem solved. I called Ford Techline about this today and they said pretty much everyone calling about this problem has the Steeda clutch spring. Which I do.

On another note, anyone know what their tire RPM's are with Performance Pack stock Pirrellis? The tech at Ford had mine set at 753. My calcs came to 746. Sorry if this has been addressed already but I am not reading this whole thing again.

Sponsored

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did some testing today. My issue is definitely self inflicted. The clutch switch that engages no lift shift is also used to cancel cruise control. My switch kicks in about 1/4" in. Basically have to dump the clutch when ever shifting in the high RPM range and problem solved. I called Ford Techline about this today and they said pretty much everyone calling about this problem has the Steeda clutch spring. Which I do.

On another note, anyone know what their tire RPM's are with Performance Pack stock Pirrellis? The tech at Ford had mine set at 753. My calcs came to 746. Sorry if this has been addressed already but I am not reading this whole thing again.
Ugh, I think I'd rather get rid of no lift shift than give up the Steeda spring.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT with Performance Pack
After reading this whole thread I am questioning if it's worth it to go PP2 or PP1. Are gains worth it for PP2?

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible (auto)
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on PP2. I already have a magnaflow street catback installed. I guessing the Ford tune wont account for the catback exhaust, but will it cause problems, malfunctions, or otherwise hinder economy or performance?
Thanks!
LM

Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on PP2. I already have a magnaflow street catback installed. I guessing the Ford tune wont account for the catback exhaust, but will it cause problems, malfunctions, or otherwise hinder economy or performance?
Thanks!
LM
Correct. Tunes dont take into account catbacks :thumbsup:

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!
LM
I have the Magnaflow street CB and power pack 2. No issues (other than my lazy left foot with no lift shift). Averaging 2 mpg better over 700 miles. Exhaust will be a tiny bit louder with a few more bubbles.

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
Received my PP2 today. My intent was a before and after dyne but they're backed up for a few weeks so I'll just have to settle a final pull in the future. Shop is charging me one hour of labor which I think is fair. Just sucks such a trivial task has to be paid for. I have the steeds clutch spring. I have mixed opinions about it so far but I'm going to leave it on unless it's funky with the new mapping. Only mod is a H pipe so realistically stock.
Sponsored