Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Wow guys....what a thread!!! It took me all week to read through everything and I am so impressed with the knowledge I've gleaned from all of you. Every few pages I've said, "No it sounds bad, I'm not going to get one...Wait, it sounds good, I'm going to get one" (PP2.) I've got a 2015 GT/PP. So I'm still undecided, and where I live in Utah I need to be emissions compliant. So I guess it's the PP2 or 3 or nothing!
Went through the same flip flop as you, even for 2 months after having the kit in hand. Seems like there are varied results. I have only had it installed for a week, but so far very pleased. Couple of minor issues but nothing to really complain about. Car is definitely more responsive and more fun to drive.

Will I change tune in 27 months after warranty, probably, but right now it keeps warranty, so for around $800 bucks for PP2 installed, you get decent bump in hp and performance with warranty. In 2 1/2 years prices should be cheaper on aftermarket parts after the new gen. Then I can decide if I want to go FI, or just change manifold, new tune, cat delete and 3 inch to the tips. In the meantime it is a nice upgrade at relatively low cost.Good luck.
Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have zero regrets for my PP2! I have a few hundred on mine since install. Also, I just tried out the no lift shit and it works great! Almost like an autoblip at full throttle. The funny thing is if you try to take your foot off the gas it will cause bucking.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Like many others have noted, the frpp2 is fuel sensitive. Took some trial and error to get the ping out and looking like Shell works quite well with this package. Also wanted to say there are a few posting big torque gains down low with frpp2 but that's bs, however it does pull strong starting at 3k rpm. Have fun!

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
So putting a few miles on the PP3 and haven't noticed any ping yet. I did switch to shell 93 as I saw some people say that prevented ping so I'm just being preemptive. I do notice a whistling sound on acceleration, more noticeable in lower rpm's then gets phased out by other noises in high rpm. I believe this might just be the exposed cone air filter setup creating extra sound, anybody else agree or have any experience with that?

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
No whistle with the FRPP2 using the same CAI.

Sponsored

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
Hm maybe I should check for leaks. Or maybe the higher flowing manifold contributes to the noise. I have no CEL and it was installed at a ford dealer so I'd be surprised if there's any leaks

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So putting a few miles on the PP3 and haven't noticed any ping yet. I did switch to shell 93 as I saw some people say that prevented ping so I'm just being preemptive. I do notice a whistling sound on acceleration, more noticeable in lower rpm's then gets phased out by other noises in high rpm. I believe this might just be the exposed cone air filter setup creating extra sound, anybody else agree or have any experience with that?
Yes on my PP2. With the windows down I can hear it. Subtle but high pitched and it directly correlates to throttle input. Figure it was either the intake or TB.

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
Yes on my PP2. With the windows down I can hear it. Subtle but high pitched and it directly correlates to throttle input. Figure it was either the intake or TB.
Yes I was hearing it with the windows down today. And goes away when throttle is let off

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
Yes I was hearing it with the windows down today. And goes away when throttle is let off

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
How many have compared before and after TrackApps times? If would be interesting to see come comparisons for pack 1, 2, and 3. If there are enough people with data, maybe we can put this into another thread. With almost 16k on mine, there's a rapidly decreasing interest in these packs - except that safety and CARB legality will always keep me interested.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Not the same car but I installed a high quality (expensive) intake on my last car and got a whistle at slight part throttle or when opening and closing the throttle. In my case it was the air whistling by the barely open throttle plate. The CA intake and hi flow filter simply let the sound out that the stock intake and filter muffled. Maybe the same?

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
How many have compared before and after TrackApps times? If would be interesting to see come comparisons for pack 1, 2, and 3. If there are enough people with data, maybe we can put this into another thread. With almost 16k on mine, there's a rapidly decreasing interest in these packs - except that safety and CARB legality will always keep me interested.
there is going to be a huge difference based on the driver nevermind the course.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
there is going to be a huge difference based on the driver nevermind the course.
I don't disagree. I'd still enjoy seeing it. If I find the time, I'll even organize it all.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Installed PP2 today, runs like a rapped ape up top, but it hesitates/breaks up on hard shifts. I did select the sensitive fuel setting. So I am thinking its either that or still learning? Any Ideas?
Sponsored