Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Good info Ted, glad to hear that not everybody is having issues. I just wish there was someone that has experienced both the pp1 and pp2 to see if they felt much difference in power or drivability between the 2.
Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
yah know you guys should really just make a home depot set of Det cans instead of "assuming" the cars are pinging. The fact its that audible should be ALOT more concerning then you guys are making it out to be.
Wait! What? No disrespect. Please explain again. What is your point?

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Anyone getting ping/knock with the PP1? I have a PP2 kit in the garage (box unopened) but holding back on installing it due to all the negative posts on here. I am in CA so need to stay CARB legal.
2016 Premium GT/Auto, California, 91 Octane, I have C.A.R.B. stickers.

No Ping!

No Rev Hang!

No Performance Issues!

No Regrets!

Car runs fantastic! It should come stock like this.

Sponsored

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
According to the poll someone else was running on this board, overall, very few people seem to actually have issues with the PP1/PP2/PP3.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
According to the poll someone else was running on this board, overall, very few people seem to actually have issues with the PP1/PP2/PP3.
Yeah I saw, that but I suspect a number of people have installed, and initially gotten excited about the extra power (voted positive) but later noticed ping/knock?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yeah I saw, that but I suspect a number of people have installed, and initially gotten excited about the extra power (voted positive) but later noticed ping/knock?
I am sure that's the case. I have asked people to post some notes after a "break in period" on that thread so that we can track issues as they arrive.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I am running the PP2 and it has been trouble free. I run 93 and get no pinging and I have over 500 miles on the track with it so far...

<TED>
Must be on the track everyday to get 500 "track" miles on already! Are you running it up to 7300 RPM without any early limiter?

Sponsored

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am sure that's the case. I have asked people to post some notes after a "break in period" on that thread so that we can track issues as they arrive.
I'm interested to see those notes but I'm not convinced there are widespread issues with it yet. Overall, feels like auto S550 owners seem to have a better experience than manual users.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Not a break in period, just a learn period which is less than a tank of gas. I would just chaulk it up to the frpp2 being sensitive to fuel. Why don't you folks just install it and have some fun <G>

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yeah, check out the poll I made in the engine mods thread.

In general, the auto users are having a much better experience than the manual users. The last time I checked there were not many posts as the PP2 was only out for a few months. I am hoping for more feedback next time I check on it.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Yeah, check out the poll I made in the engine mods thread.

In general, the auto users are having a much better experience than the manual users. The last time I checked there were not many posts as the PP2 was only out for a few months. I am hoping for more feedback next time I check on it.
Could that be because autos are less likely to let the engine lug or run high load/low RPM which can lead to pinging/knock even in a 100% stocker (hasn't happened to me...can mash the gas at 1000rpm in 3rd and it just pulls, but then again I have a PP car with 3.73s, I imagine doing the same in a 3.31 car could result in pinging/knock)

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Could that be because autos are less likely to let the engine lug or run high load/low RPM which can lead to pinging/knock even in a 100% stocker (hasn't happened to me...can mash the gas at 1000rpm in 3rd and it just pulls, but then again I have a PP car with 3.73s, I imagine doing the same in a 3.31 car could result in pinging/knock)
To be honest I am not too sure. I wish I knew.

Personally I think that it's total BS and it shouldn't be happening. When I talked to the Ford Performance guys(which I posted a while back) they stated that some Ping/Knock is OK which I thought was ridiculous:headbonk:
Sponsored