Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
It's going to be a long wait...ETA is 10/31 last I saw.
I too am waiting for PP3, the allure of the updated manifold, along with the throttle body and the Ford sanctioned tune are all I need to commit.

Now I know you can see them online pre-order for $1999 but I need it installed, I should re-phrase that, I can do this myself. I can also void the warranty myself. For the few bucks the install will cost, its worth the intact warranty. Intake, Throttle body and air box, 4 hours tops?

Does any know if the tuner works with Mac or am I doomed to have to get a windows computer?

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I too am waiting for PP3, the allure of the updated manifold, along with the throttle body and the Ford sanctioned tune are all I need to commit.

Now I know you can see them online pre-order for $1999 but I need it installed, I should re-phrase that, I can do this myself. I can also void the warranty myself. For the few bucks the install will cost, its worth the intact warranty. Intake, Throttle body and air box, 4 hours tops?

Does any know if the tuner works with Mac or am I doomed to have to get a windows computer?
I believe member ChitownStang said it can be used with Mac or Windows. Maybe he will chime in on this.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Mac or Windows work with the ProCal

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

You do realize that even going through Ford limits your powertrain warranty to 3/36k from purchase (even if you have an extended warranty), correct? I spoke to Ford about this and even if the dealership installs it, just putting this on the car changes the warranty. So if you install this at 25,000 miles on your 2015, you get another 11k mile of warranty.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the PP3 myself but the "warranty is protected because it is a Ford offered upgrade" though process seems to be a moot point.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
You do realize that even going through Ford limits your powertrain warranty to 3/36k from purchase (even if you have an extended warranty), correct? I spoke to Ford about this and even if the dealership installs it, just putting this on the car changes the warranty. So if you install this at 25,000 miles on your 2015, you get another 11k mile of warranty.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the PP3 myself but the "warranty is protected because it is a Ford offered upgrade" though process seems to be a moot point.
This is definitely not something for folks who are near the end of their factory warranty. At that point just go full aftermarket. But with ~2 years and 20+k miles to go, it's worth it for the time being, after which you've already got the parts installed and can just get a better tune. And the extended warranty still covers everything not part of the powertrain.

Malcornelius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT Premium PP Paxton

Shop around and you will find better deals on the PP3 out there. Maybe someone on the forum will setup a group by. Also, don't forget about the forum discount when going through some of the site vendors (Levittown got me a great price on the PP3).

I hope people get the difference between the 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5/60 powertrain. In my case, I would rather retain 31 more months on my 3/36 and not worry about the 5/60 then load a XXX tune and lose both all at once. ;)

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
This is definitely not something for folks who are near the end of their factory warranty. At that point just go full aftermarket. But with ~2 years and 20+k miles to go, it's worth it for the time being, after which you've already got the parts installed and can just get a better tune. And the extended warranty still covers everything not part of the powertrain.
my odometer reads 700 miles, this option works well for me. just got confirmation on power pack 2 group buy

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It's also a good deal if you do only have about 4,000 miles left on your warranty but were going to throw a GT350 IM and TB on anyway...that way you get the parts and then you can always get a new tune after your warranty is gone.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Here is an update from Mike:

And it's been a great success! Thanks again for [MENTION=12771]angermgmt14[/MENTION] for the help

I think I've replied to everyone's PMs. Let me know if you sent me a PM & I did not send you a reply. Otherwise the group buy has officially closed. Please feel free to send me a message regarding availability. The ETA from Ford Performance at this time is 9/30. Due to the large number of people on the group buy, I plan on sending a mass email out to everyone once these kits arrive here.
Also, please let me know if you opt out before the kits become available. This is a not a problem, as I can usually cancel any kits that have not shipped yet.

Thanks again!
-Mike Ruhberg
Autonation Ford WBL

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Dang, it'd be cool to have this before I do Wanna Go Fast and Atlanta Motorsports Park this month. But, let's be honest, I'm gonna get spanked either way, haha.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Dang, it'd be cool to have this before I do Wanna Go Fast and Atlanta Motorsports Park this month. But, let's be honest, I'm gonna get spanked either way, haha.
SCCA Track night on the 28th? If so I will be at both of those.
Sponsored