Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
no, only when going WOT close to redline. Normal driving there is no issues.
Yeah but even on WOT after lifting your foot of the gas and shifting at high rpm shouldn't cause any problems. Something seems to be off here. What was the CEL for and how did you fix it? Thanks alot for the updates.
Sponsored

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Installed Power Pack 1 today. At first my CEL was on, I messaged cpages2 and he told me what to do, so shoutout to cpages2 real nice guy.
What did you have to do to clear the CEL?

Do you notice more aggressive engine braking? Is the rev hang still there (where you let off the gas and push in the clutch but the RPMs linger at the same point for a couple secs before finally dropping)?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The problem only happening on 3rd gear is also a concern. Ford racing should be aware of the situation.

OP
OP
BobbyGT

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah but even on WOT with lifting your foot of the gas and shifting at high rpm shouldn't cause any problems. Something seems to be off here. What was the CEL for and how did you fix it? Thanks alot for the updates.
Honestly not sure what the CEL was. I ran a couple of test that are in the program, engine diagnostic with the engine off, engine diagnostic with the engine one, then there are several other features that "learn" your car.

I ran the test, then checked for any DCT's and there were none. Unplugged the procal and everything was great.

Im fairly sure the stuttering is due to the no lift shift feature, because i tried it again and made sure to not life my foot off the gas, it was great.

So i really think it was more personal error because im so used to lifting when shifting, maybe applied enough pressure to the clutch without pushing it all the way that the ecu was expecting me to not lift my foot and adjusted accordingly.

Again not sure, not even close to an expert, but what i do know is that the car is noticeably faster, especially down low.

OP
OP
BobbyGT

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I also messaged chitown stang and def think I was applying a little pressure to the clutch, which is what caused the issue.

On a different note thanks to everyone on this forum for the help. I messaged two separate users today and got responses that helped me a lot. So thanks guys, really appreciate yall!!

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
There is no 3rd Gear issue, the slightest pressure on the clutch can cause No-Lift shift to activate. FRPP would not blanatly release a bad tune, they have many videos of the huge amount of testing their products must go through before release.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
I talked to Mike G at FP today about no lift shifting. The slightest clutch pressure will activate it. And he told me it doesn't start working until 5K. This tune works great for me.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There is no 3rd Gear issue, the slightest pressure on the clutch can cause No-Lift shift to activate. FRPP would not blanatly release a bad tune, they have many videos of the huge amount of testing their products must go through before release.
Same test the same as OEM new car calibration. In on same Dyno's, cars and track test ever seen aftermarket company do this as OEM does

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'm going to get the pp2 when it comes out
Be sure to PM [MENTION=12771]angermgmt14[/MENTION] to get in on the group buy going on if you haven't done so already. It's a really good deal! :cheers:

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Be sure to PM [MENTION=12771]angermgmt14[/MENTION] to get in on the group buy going on if you haven't done so already. It's a really good deal! :cheers:
This^^^^
The GB ends next weekend, so if you want to take advantage of this, send me a PM so I can give you the info. :thumbsup:

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Has anyone run the PMAS intake with PP1 yet?

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
Has anyone run the PMAS intake with PP1 yet?
I have a PMAS intake installed, and I'm getting PP1 installed this week. When I take it to the track. I'll post my results.
Sponsored