Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Here's a question about the Power Packs...maybe someone can chime in. Does anyone know if the "special" Advanced Trac that came with the Performance Pack GT's is now on my non-PP GT? I wonder how many parameters they changed, as I understand it a GT Manual PP1/PP2/PP3 tune is the same between PP and non-PP. I wonder if I inherited some PP tuning?
That isn't a function of the PCM, there is very little in the PCM related to the driving modes believe it or not. Stability is handled by BCM.
Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
That isn't a function of the PCM, there is very little in the PCM related to the driving modes believe it or not. Stability is handled by BCM.
Makes perfect sense. I guess it's just all the extra power! Lol. In seriousness, either I became a seriously better driver, or the PP1 just dropped my 1/4 mile by 0.4s tonight....and I checked, DA is just as crappy as ever here. Pretty sure the torque management/clutch protection is lower, or gone, because I pulled one of those "whoops the revs got up to 4000rpm at launch" and it didn't pull power - for the first time ever.

Or maybe it's those pre-muffler cutouts posting big power. :lol:

Lilwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can I run 90 octane on the PP2 tune? I realize it calls for 91 octane minimum, but the highest octane fuel I can get in Alaska is 90 octane.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Can I run 90 octane on the PP2 tune? I realize it calls for 91 octane minimum, but the highest octane fuel I can get in Alaska is 90 octane.
nope uncannot,,,, tune is for 91 and above.. Uwill have pibg n can damage ur engine

BlueDevil2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DIB
I have always used 87 since my car is stock but I'm getting the PP2 this week. Can I just run out this tank as much as possible, fill up with 91 and install the PP2. Or is it wiser to run a few tanks of 91 before the install?

Sponsored

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I have always used 87 since my car is stock but I'm getting the PP2 this week. Can I just run out this tank as much as possible, fill up with 91 and install the PP2. Or is it wiser to run a few tanks of 91 before the install?
Can you get 93 octane in your area? I've run Shell V Power 93 in my car even before the PP2 upgrade. Great gas! I'd probably try to run a tank or two before you instal PP2 to be safe but it probably doesn't matter too much if it's mostly the better stuff.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I ran 93 in my car for 5-6 tanks before I installed the PP2. Most likely it made no difference at all, but I wanted my car to have time to learn/calibrate itself to higher-octane gas before I did a power adding mod.

BlueDevil2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DIB
Being in south Jersey most places seem to carry 91. At Costco where I usually fill up it's regular or premium and never asked what octane premium was. I've always used regular. Will check obviously when I'm there to fill up my other car. Anybody out there from Ocean County know of any gas station carrying 93?

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
On the subject of fuel I've never used anything in my car other than 91 or 93 Top Tier. We know that Top Tier fuel is "cleaner" with less deposits. Consumer Reports and the work I've personally seen have backed that up.

BlueDevil2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DIB
Thanks guys for the feedback. Think I'll do a few tanks of premium here before I do the install

Sponsored

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Being in south Jersey most places seem to carry 91. At Costco where I usually fill up it's regular or premium and never asked what octane premium was. I've always used regular. Will check obviously when I'm there to fill up my other car. Anybody out there from Ocean County know of any gas station carrying 93?
https://find93.com/

Here you can look up which stations carry 93

Lilwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
nope uncannot,,,, tune is for 91 and above.. Uwill have pibg n can damage ur engine
Will the ECM not adjust for 90 Octane? I thought I read about a settting in the tune that allows it to adjust for less the 91 Octane.

I really want the PP2, but don't want to hurt the car. If anyone uses 90 Octane on the PP2, please let me know your results.

Thanks for you help.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Will the ECM not adjust for 90 Octane? I thought I read about a settting in the tune that allows it to adjust for less the 91 Octane.

I really want the PP2, but don't want to hurt the car. If anyone uses 90 Octane on the PP2, please let me know your results.

Thanks for you help.
You have to select octane learning when you install the tune.

Lilwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone have the PP2 installed and live in an area that only sells 90 octane or has anyone run 90 in their PP2 car?

Will the "octane learning" setting allow me to run 90?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Does anyone have the PP2 installed and live in an area that only sells 90 octane or has anyone run 90 in their PP2 car?

Will the "octane learning" setting allow me to run 90?
Dude.. i told ya.. it wont w9rk.. period.. minimum is 91.. how hard it is mate.. u will damage ur engine and it will give ping
Sponsored