15 GT PP

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Do these tunes mess with the torque management at all? Having trouble launching the car I think the stock tune is causing it to bog down bad. Even with advance Track off. The best 60ft I could get was a 2.0 by dumping the clutch at 3k, riding the clutch only resulted in horrible bog 2.1/2.3 60fts.
I'm pretty sure they do.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm pretty sure they do.
I'm thinking it might as well. I've been noticing more wheel slip where there was originally none, and I can't attribute that to just 40ft/lbs or more aggressive throttle response.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
so the pp2 is back ordered basically everywhere but the pp3 is available. I'm wondering if its worth the 2 grand plus install for this package vs the pp2. Is it even safe to be revving the car up to 7500rpm without other modifications?

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
so the pp2 is back ordered basically everywhere but the pp3 is available. I'm wondering if its worth the 2 grand plus install for this package vs the pp2. Is it even safe to be revving the car up to 7500rpm without other modifications?
I'm sure it is for two reasons. First, why would Ford offer a product if it wasn't within spec? Second, and probably more important, is that it will be standard offering on the GT or GT PP moving forward. This is just a guess on my part but if they keep showing pictures of the new Mustang with 7,500 or 7,800 RPM range it would only make sense. Plus it will get a bump in power...

The only question is if the buyer would use those extra RPM's.

Sponsored

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they will get plenty of use. the stock limiter comes up quick

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I'm sure it is for two reasons. First, why would Ford offer a product if it wasn't within spec? Second, and probably more important, is that it will be standard offering on the GT or GT PP moving forward. This is just a guess on my part but if they keep showing pictures of the new Mustang with 7,500 or 7,800 RPM range it would only make sense. Plus it will get a bump in power...

There could be a chance ford went with a more robust opg/cg for the 18s if in fact 7800 is standard.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I was thinking also

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

The '15+ 5.0 shares a lot of parts (similar/same) as the 5g Boss 302, which I believe revved to 7500.

As others have stated, Ford wouldn't offer continued warranty if there was an issue with 7500rpm.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ford isn't putting Power Pack 2 or billet pump gears on production cars. If it came with an open element filter I wouldn't be surprised but the GT350 is using the same material for its pump gears and it hasn't had issues unless people use inferior (re non factory or non ATI) dampers.
One important thing to note about ALL Ford Performance products including calibrations as opposed to aftermarket; aftermarket companies and toners do not have the testing resources that FP has and no one in the aftermarket is testing under the steady state conditions that FP is. Your tooner may make more power but his toons do not have the man hours and dyno time behind them. One last note as great as HP Tuners is it still cannot do what Ford can do when it comes to creating not only new calibrations but new OS, the OS of the Power Packs is NOT the same as the stock OS.

Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Here's a question about the Power Packs...maybe someone can chime in. Does anyone know if the "special" Advanced Trac that came with the Performance Pack GT's is now on my non-PP GT? I wonder how many parameters they changed, as I understand it a GT Manual PP1/PP2/PP3 tune is the same between PP and non-PP. I wonder if I inherited some PP tuning?

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Ford isn't putting Power Pack 2 or billet pump gears on production cars. If it came with an open element filter I wouldn't be surprised but the GT350 is using the same material for its pump gears and it hasn't had issues unless people use inferior (re non factory or non ATI) dampers.
One important thing to note about ALL Ford Performance products including calibrations as opposed to aftermarket; aftermarket companies and toners do not have the testing resources that FP has and no one in the aftermarket is testing under the steady state conditions that FP is. Your tooner may make more power but his toons do not have the man hours and dyno time behind them. One last note as great as HP Tuners is it still cannot do what Ford can do when it comes to creating not only new calibrations but new OS, the OS of the Power Packs is NOT the same as the stock OS.
Totally unrelated but your sig made me giggle - nice touch ;)

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pp3 should arrive monday I hope I can get it installed next week

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)