Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
It was a guy on a facebook thread that mentioned it.
That's bunk, if there was a problem that required a reflash the first to know would be those registered with FRPP.
Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My install was a few weeks ago and I have zero issues. I thought the rev hang guys were having was in gear not at idle. Mine holds throttle in gear for about a second but I think that's for the no lift shift. In neutral I have zero hang.

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
That's bunk, if there was a problem that required a reflash the first to know would be those registered with FRPP.
BUT...BUT...BUT....I read it on Facebook! Only true verified news is posted on Facebook! :amen::thumbsup:

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you. Registration has you add an e-mail so it would be easy for them to mass send information regarding a reflash. Even if they did inform a few people just to have a small test pool, someone on here would have heard something by now.

Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I noticed this and it's a good thing but not sure if I noticed before the PP2:

- when car is warmed up and I'm accelerating and going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd, etc, when I put the clutch in the RPM's will drop to exactly what the RPMS should be when I upshift

- example say at 3500 rpm in 2nd and want to shift to 3rd, well at the same speed that would be say 2700 RPMS

- soon as I put the clutch in the RPMS drops to 2700, I shift to 3rd, and the car is perfectly revved matched.

Is this part of the No Lift Strategy? I thought the NLS was for above 5000 rpm and had to leave foot on the gas pedal

If I leave the clutch in for more than 2 seconds it'll drop from the rev match RPM to the idle RPM

Thank you

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
...when car is warmed up and I'm accelerating and going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd, etc, when I put the clutch in the RPM's will drop to exactly what the RPMS should be when I upshift ...
My car did this stock. The rev-hang that is introduced by the PP2 tune is very noticeable. When the car is cold any shift above 3k RPM will cause the RPM to stick (or even raise a few hundred) for about a second to a second and a half. As soon as the car hits operating temperature, this rev-hang is gone, and your back to the "stock" rev-hang which you describe.

I don't like either... I guess I just don't want a computer working my throttle vs. my right foot.

Sponsored

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
I noticed this and it's a good thing but not sure if I noticed before the PP2:

- when car is warmed up and I'm accelerating and going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd, etc, when I put the clutch in the RPM's will drop to exactly what the RPMS should be when I upshift

- example say at 3500 rpm in 2nd and want to shift to 3rd, well at the same speed that would be say 2700 RPMS

- soon as I put the clutch in the RPMS drops to 2700, I shift to 3rd, and the car is perfectly revved matched.

Is this part of the No Lift Strategy? I thought the NLS was for above 5000 rpm and had to leave foot on the gas pedal

If I leave the clutch in for more than 2 seconds it'll drop from the rev match RPM to the idle RPM

Thank you
Where is the No Lift Strategy documented in the PP2 directions or website? I am not seeing it....

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Are all PP2 installations different? Mine only hangs between shifts when in gear with the clutch to the floor. It never hangs in neutral. After it warms up, it goes to idle (700 RPM) between shifts. I haven't tried the no-lift technique.

For me, the bigger annoyance is that the throttle plate slams shut when I take my foot off the gas. I'm learning a workaround technique for that. The speed shop says it is desired on the track, and I get that, but on the street it's annoying.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Are all PP2 installations different? Mine only hangs between shifts when in gear with the clutch to the floor. It never hangs in neutral. After it warms up, it goes to idle (700 RPM) between shifts. I haven't tried the no-lift technique.

For me, the bigger annoyance is that the throttle plate slams shut when I take my foot off the gas. I'm learning a workaround technique for that. The speed shop says it is desired on the track, and I get that, but on the street it's annoying.
Throttle plate only slams when the engine is shut off and rev hang only when cold. Doesnt hang in neutral cold either.
Sponsored